Windows 10: Asus Hotkeys Display

Discus and support Asus Hotkeys Display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Asus Laptop and recently had an update that didn't seem to change anything noticeable, except for one thing that is really bugging me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PBarbossa, Jun 16, 2019.

1. PBarbossa Win User

Asus Hotkeys Display

Hi,

I have an Asus Laptop and recently had an update that didn't seem to change anything noticeable, except for one thing that is really bugging me.
    When I used to lower or increase the volume using Asus Hotkeys (Fn + F11/F12) there would be a small icon appearing, telling me exactly how low or high my volume was, which was fine.

But now, in addition to this icon, there is now a large rectangle showing a play button and some previous/foward arrows, seemingly to put videos or music on/off while using the hotkeys (see image).
    I don't know why they added it but it's just useless to me, and frankly it's weirdly too big to be ignored. Is there a way to change the display of these icons or is it going to be there everytime I adjust the sound?

Sorry if this isn't really clear, and thank you in advance for your answers!

Asus Hotkeys Display 31c49417-99f6-4859-84ef-2999391dccd5?upload=true.jpg

:)

PBarbossa, Jun 16, 2019

2. Laptop hotkeys not working [windows10]

I used this method and get solution for wifi keys problem on windows 10 on Me HCL laptop.

I suggest you to try installing Hotkeys driver.

Follow these steps after install the drivers check if that helps.

• Download the keyboard drivers and hot fix (PHotkeys) driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Install driver on your system
    • Go to Path of installed driver Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Troubleshoot comparability’.
    • On the ‘Test Compatibility settings for the program pop up windows’ open and click the box ‘Test the program’ Once this is done, check if the issue persists.

bipinlimbasiya, Jun 16, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    My Windows 10 HotKeys Wont Work

Hi,

There may be several reasons why the hotkeys stopped working after the upgrade. We suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter to resolve your concern. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Asus Hotkeys Display

Incorrect display adapter driver for my Asus K42JK laptop

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

What happens when trying to install the right driver? Do you receive any error?

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Asus Hotkeys Display

1. Asus Hotkeys Display - Similar Threads - Asus Hotkeys Display

2. Hotkeys issue Asus TUF Dash F15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotkeys issue Asus TUF Dash F15: Hello, I recently got a new Asus TUF dash f15 laptop with windows 11 and can't use the hotkeys brightness up or down, mute, keyboard lighting settings without having to hold down the fn key which is annoying, I've been searching online for days now and a support video by Asus...
  3. Hotkeys issue Asus TUF Dash F15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotkeys issue Asus TUF Dash F15: Hello, I recently got a new Asus TUF dash f15 laptop with windows 11 and can't use the hotkeys brightness up or down, mute, keyboard lighting settings without having to hold down the fn key which is annoying, I've been searching online for days now and a support video by Asus...
  4. Hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotkeys: I downloaded to Windows 11 and some of my hotkeys aren't working. For instance my mic key on the actual laptop and my camera key won't work. I use this as an extra layer when on teams or zoom meetings to make sure I'm muted or camera off. anyone else having this issue? Have...
  5. Hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotkeys: I downloaded to Windows 11 and some of my hotkeys aren't working. For instance my mic key on the actual laptop and my camera key won't work. I use this as an extra layer when on teams or zoom meetings to make sure I'm muted or camera off. anyone else having this issue? Have...
  6. Display hotkeys for taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display hotkeys for taskbar icons?: Hello! As the title says, is there any way to display the corresponding hotkey on an icon on the taskbar? I'm referring specifically to those next to cortana and task-viewer. For example, when I'm using multiple applications and have to switch between them I sometimes open...
  7. locking hotkeys in asus tuf F15

locking hotkeys in asus tuf F15: I want to lock FN so that I can turn up the volume, change the brightness etc. without having to hold down function FN key first.it is pretty annoying to hold the FN key everytime to access the hotkeys provided.My laptop model is ASUS TUF F15 , model no.:FX566LII have windows...
  8. Is it possible to have hotkeys to do display scaling?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to have hotkeys to do display scaling?: I find myself needing to change my display scaling very frequently from 150% to 100% and back again because I have certain apps that are hard to use at 150% scaling, such as Affinity Photo and Vegas Pro, but 100% scaling is uncomfortably small for everything else. I have a...
  9. Hotkey and Display driver security

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hotkey and Display driver security: i recently had issues with my pc and needed to restore it. some shortcuts were not working and the display for brightness shortcut wasn't either. Whats the safest way to install a toshiba hotkey driver? i have done some research and found websites full of scams and installers...
  10. Hotkeys.

Hotkeys.: Now I am the kind of person that tries to delay updates as much as possible because of things like this. But the latest one changed the start key view, as well as a search bar, and now every other time when I press escape witch I use at least 200 times a day, it throws me out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus hotkeys not showing on display