Windows 10: Asus keyboard keys 1, 2, 3, 4, p, backspace not working after windows update.

Discus and support Asus keyboard keys 1, 2, 3, 4, p, backspace not working after windows update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, anyone having issues with keyboard keys one, two, three, four, letter P, backspace and four on 10-key pad stop working? Keys would work for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by O.B.911, Jan 22, 2019.

1. O.B.911 Win User

Asus keyboard keys 1, 2, 3, 4, p, backspace not working after windows update.

Hello, anyone having issues with keyboard keys one, two, three, four, letter P, backspace and four on 10-key pad stop working?

Keys would work for a while then stop working after I go to various pages on internet or to say word or excel. It appears that something is toggling on and off. Have downloaded BIOS and ATK from ASUS. Same results, works then stops working, then works again. Even changed keyboard setting through Easy Access.

Asus suggested doing a reset on Windows 10 Home.

O.B.

:)

O.B.911, Jan 22, 2019

2. 1 2 3 4 7 8 9 p and backspace not working

I have an Asus x55c with a very problematic keyboard.

So basically I have a Windows 10 and I can't make my keyboard work with the following keys: 1 2 3 4 7 8 9 p and backspace

What I did.

1. I uninstalled the driver from Device Manager and then restart.
    2. I checked the cables.
    3. I tried safe mode.
    4. I tried an older version of the same driver.

Update:

• These keys work in BIOS
    • They worked in Windows 7 Safe Mode
    • They don't work in Windows 7, Windows 10 or Windows 10 Safe Mode

Nitescu Lucian, Jan 22, 2019
  3. harrymc Win User
    1 2 3 4 7 8 9 p and backspace not working

There are many reports of keyboard problems with Asus laptops after upgrade
    to Windows 10. Below are some procedures that might help :

1. Bad keyboard driver<br>
      It is possible that Windows 10 has kept your old keyboard driver.
      To force Windows to use its newest driver : Start the Device Manager,
      open Keyboards, locate and right-click your device and choose Uninstall,
      then finally reboot using the mouse. (Seems that you have done this one.)<br>
      Some users also report a conflict with the Synaptics driver, so if you have
      a Synaptics touchpad, you could also try to uninstall that driver.
    2. Missing driver<br>
      There are several possibilities here. The first is to install the Asus drivers
      from Asus Support. Be very careful, especially with the BIOS update.<br>
      The second is to use a driver-update product and see if it finds a new keyboard
      driver (do not install new drivers for devices that work).
      A couple of such utilities are Driver Easy and Driver Talent
      (although personally I avoid such products).
    3. Verify your keyboard language<br>
      Some users report having their keyboard language changed to another incompatible
      variant. Verify it in Control Panel / Language.
    4. Turn Off Filter Keys<br>
      Click Start / Settings / Ease of access, then Keyboard in the left pane.
      Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane and reboot.
    5. Use the Windows + Space shortcut<br>
      Some Asus users report that hitting this magical key-combination fixes
      non-functional keys. Sounds weird but is worth trying.<br>
      Other users report similarly for the combination of Shift and
      the key that has a lock icon with fn written inside.
    6. Workarounds<br>
      If nothing works, you could try as workaround using a USB external keyboard,
      or even doing a clean install of Windows 10 (download first all Asus drivers
      from my above link and take an image backup of the disk with a product
      such as AOMEI Backupper Standard Freeware and create its restore
      boot CD or USB).

harrymc, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Pythonic Win User

1 2 3 4 7 8 9 p and backspace not working

In addition to other things that are mentioned here, I would first try draining any power from the laptop. Take the battery out and press/hold the power button a few times to make sure there is no power left in the laptop itself.

Next if the keyboard is still working in only BIOS and not OS, try using a Windows 10 repair disk to not only see if your keyboard works there, but attempt to run a repair that could solve the problem.

Let me know if these steps still don't work for you.

Pythonic, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Asus keyboard keys 1, 2, 3, 4, p, backspace not working after windows update. - Similar Threads - Asus keyboard keys

2. My 1-4 keyboard keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 1-4 keyboard keys aren't working: I already tried reinstalling the drivers, there is no software that could prevent the keys from working At least I think.I didn't use my laptop for like 5-6 days and now the keys aren't working.When I try to test my keyboard on those input checking sites the 1-4 keys just...
  3. My 1-4 keyboard keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 1-4 keyboard keys aren't working: I already tried reinstalling the drivers, there is no software that could prevent the keys from working At least I think.I didn't use my laptop for like 5-6 days and now the keys aren't working.When I try to test my keyboard on those input checking sites the 1-4 keys just...
  4. My 1-4 keyboard keys aren't working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Dell Inspiron7500 2-in-1 keyboard not working after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron7500 2-in-1 keyboard not working after Windows 11 update: I have run all of the diagnostics available for my computer on Dell.com including driver updates, but I am not receiving any feedback from my keyboard after having updated my laptop yesterday to Windows 11.This is finals week - please help!!...
  6. Dell Inspiron7500 2-in-1 keyboard not working after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron7500 2-in-1 keyboard not working after Windows 11 update: I have run all of the diagnostics available for my computer on Dell.com including driver updates, but I am not receiving any feedback from my keyboard after having updated my laptop yesterday to Windows 11.This is finals week - please help!!...
  7. Keyboard keys 1, 2, 3, 4 suddenly stopped working in windows 10 home version,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keys 1, 2, 3, 4 suddenly stopped working in windows 10 home version,: Keyboard keys 1, 2, 3, 4 suddenly stopped working in windows 10 home version, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-1-2-3-4-suddenly-stopped-working-in/9cba3ab3-4e5c-45e1-b7cc-de0556035bee
  8. Keybord keys Backspace, and p not working

Keybord keys Backspace, and p not working: Hello, Recently my keybord keys P and backspace have stoped working. Ive tried many different things to fix this Factory reset, Updateing keybord drivers, Filter keys off But none have worked. My pc is a Asus laptop running on an outdated version of windows ten version...
  9. Asus keyboard not working after updates

Asus keyboard not working after updates: My ASUS laptop ROG 752vm was away for couple of weeks. When i got it back yesterday i turned it on all worked fine and it started to update. After the update my keyboard isn't working anymore, accept for the fn buttons. My usb mouse is working and so is an usb keyboard...
  10. Backspace Key not working

Backspace Key not working: Has anyone experienced their backspace key not working in Windows 10? Or is this a known problem with Toshiba. The key has never been wet. It's just not working correctly. Whenever I type something up on for example (The Knot), the key will will not respond to the command....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backspace key asus

2. 1234789 backspace not working

3. asus keyboard 1234789 backspace

4. after upgrade backspace notworking