Windows 10: ASUS Laptop again refusing to sleep now due to mousecoreworker.exe

Discus and support ASUS Laptop again refusing to sleep now due to mousecoreworker.exe in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had fixed the sleep on this maybe a month or so ago. Had been sleeping great. Then I noticed it never sleeps anymore I ran powercfg /requests and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Dec 18, 2020.

1. ASUS Laptop again refusing to sleep now due to mousecoreworker.exe

I had fixed the sleep on this maybe a month or so ago. Had been sleeping great. Then I noticed it never sleeps anymore

I ran powercfg /requests and the dreaded mousecoreworker.exe is running, related to windows update.
    So I stopped the service and forced it to sleep.

This is the same problem on the recently sleep fixed optiplex 755. There was a 2002 bug about sleeping and windows update was supposedly fixed, and both these pc are running the latest 20h2 windows. And still windows update is stopping sleeping.

I cant keep up with this issue...what is the fix. It is unreasonable to expect a pc to sleep ? Have to shut down to save power, like yank the plug the only sure way it will sleep.

I also have a 3rd PC which sleep is hopelessly broken on, I have to power off if I try to manually sleep it as it wont come back up, it also never shuts off.
    Today on that one I did an inplace repair upgrade to see if it would help, but nope, same behavior.

Out of 5 win10 PC I have, only 1 reliably sleeps, not a great record.

:)

sdowney717, Dec 18, 2020
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

ASUS Laptop again refusing to sleep now due to mousecoreworker.exe [​IMG]

Chadi, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 18, 2020
  4. ASUS Laptop again refusing to sleep now due to mousecoreworker.exe

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

ASUS Laptop again refusing to sleep now due to mousecoreworker.exe

1. ASUS Laptop again refusing to sleep now due to mousecoreworker.exe - Similar Threads - ASUS Laptop again

2. Laptop blue screened and now refuses to boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop blue screened and now refuses to boot.: I apologize in advanced for the lengthy post and I understand that not everything in the post is strictly Microsoft related. However, I would like to include as much detail as possible to maximize the chances of fixing my laptop. The laptop in question is a Lenovo Yoga...
  3. ASUS laptop crashes during sleep

ASUS laptop crashes during sleep: I purchased a new ASUS laptop a few months ago and have been having serious problems with it crashing almost every time it sleeps. When I was unable to solve the problem, I did a factory restore on the laptop and then installed every available Windows update and ASUS-provided...
  4. Has there been a permanent solution to the MouseCoreWorker issue yet? (PC not sleeping)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has there been a permanent solution to the MouseCoreWorker issue yet? (PC not sleeping): I've got 5 hairs left. I really don't want to lose them. submitted by /u/ayomayo425 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m97r16/has_there_been_a_permanent_solution_to_the/
  5. My laptop refuses to wake up from sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop refuses to wake up from sleep?: I am currently using a razer blade 15 advanced edition laptop which I purchased in november 2020. The machine is running windows 10 home edition. Around a week or so ago, I started having problems with the device not turning on after it went into sleep mode. I would try to...
  6. ASUS Laptop now missing hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Laptop now missing hardware: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop that has been losing hardware. At least, according to device manager. First, my keyboard stopped working except the touchpad. Eventhough it showed that the device is working properly. The keyboard was clearly not working at all. Then, I no...
  7. Both laptop and desktop refuse to enter sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Both laptop and desktop refuse to enter sleep mode.: I'm really at a loss here. I have three devices running Windows 10. One is a surface with integrated graphics that works fine. The other two are a laptop with an Nvidia GPU, and my desktop with an Nvidia GPU as well. The laptop and desktop simply refuse to enter sleep mode....
  8. Certain .exe files refuse to start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain .exe files refuse to start: I have a problem where certain, not all .exe files refuse to boot. What happens is I start them up and then nothing happens. When I check in task manager, the process is there for a couple of seconds and then disappears. This doesn't happen with all .exe files, as many still...
  9. Computer refuses to open .exe files

Computer refuses to open .exe files: Out of nowhere my computer has stopped opening .exe files and instead a pop up appears reading (file name)-Bad Image C:\Windows\System32\msdmo.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. I first noticed this when trying to open the Ubisoft game...
  10. My laptop refuses to hilbernate or sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop refuses to hilbernate or sleep: I have tried many fixes online to make my laptop hilbernate or sleep, but it will not. Instead, it will get stuck in a weird state where the screen goes off, but the laptop is still on. I have to then tap the power button once to turn it off otherwise it will stay on until it...