Windows 10: Asus laptop - black screen after windows logo when booting from USB

Discus and support Asus laptop - black screen after windows logo when booting from USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an Asus Zenbook UX330U that is stuck in a boot loop gets to the Asus logo with spinning balls beneath, hangs there, eventually powers off and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mrnv, Dec 28, 2020.

1. mrnv Win User

Asus laptop - black screen after windows logo when booting from USB

I have an Asus Zenbook UX330U that is stuck in a boot loop gets to the Asus logo with spinning balls beneath, hangs there, eventually powers off and restarts only to repeat that process.

After some research, I used the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to create a USB installation/recovery device.

After some tinkering with BIOS settings disable secure boot and fast boot, enable CSM support and Launch PXE OpROM policy I was finally able to get the boot menu to show my USB media. It shows both as a UEFI OS option and also without the UEFI designation.

If I choose to boot to the UEFI OS option, it seems to *very* briefly engage the USB stick there's a status light on the device and then move on to trying to boot from the SSD, which goes back to the same problematic boot loop.

If, however, I choose the NON-UEFI option for the USB media, it engages the USB stick and produces the simple window logo with the 5 spinning balls beneath it. UNFORTUNATELY, though, the screen then turns black and I can no longer register any input. SO FRUSTRATING!!

I know the USB Tool is good, because I tested it with another laptop and it booted properly from the USB stick.

I just CANNOT figure out why it is starting to boot from the USB stick but then goes to that damned black screen.

Please help if you can!

:)

2. DarkEstra Win User

Black Screen After Windows 10 Boot Logo On LAPTOP

hello

i've done a full clean install of a W10 Pro

and installed all of the driver's Via windows update

tbh im using this laptop as a spare for me when im going out ( very rare usage )

so nowadays

when im trying to boot up the laptop , sometimes it boots completly without problems

but mostly stuck's on a black screen after facing the win logo screen

but when i try to boot using safe mode , everything is okay and it boot properly

i've also disabled the dedicated gpu ( which is AMD Radeon HD 7670M )

it's HP Pavilion g6-2131se

specs
    http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03384386

replaced hdd with Crucial BX200 240GB
    and ram with Ballistix Sport SODIMM 8GB Kit 4GBx2 DDR3 1866mhz

*Confused Asus laptop - black screen after windows logo when booting from USB :confused:*Confused Asus laptop - black screen after windows logo when booting from USB :confused:

DarkEstra, Dec 28, 2020
  3. WIndows 10 Black Screen after USB Boot

resetting the BIOS did not work for me : ( I even removed the HDD format it, of course I made sure to unplug the power adapter that connects to the MOBO, and removed the CMOS battery first : ) I tested another HDD that has win 10 on it already in the same
    laptop and its working, but when I attempt to load windows to the HDD I want to work I receive the LOGO to black screen, I have used another USB flash drive with the ISO on it and nada. .... I have power cycled the PC and cannot get into the troubleshooting
    screen, with the bios in default, I receive the ASUS logo loading to black screen. with the bios set to accept the usb boot, win logo to black screen.... Help : (

Jadetreedesigns, Dec 28, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Asus laptop - black screen after windows logo when booting from USB - Similar Threads - Asus laptop black

2. Black screen after Windows logo?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after Windows logo?: I've had this laptop since January of this year and it booted up fine up until a month or two ago. It works okay and I'm using the laptop to post this right now, it's just that the problem is more of a nuisance than anything. When it boots up it shows the Windows logo as...
  3. Black Screen after Windows Logo on Boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen after Windows Logo on Boot: I encountered this problem when I booted up my desktop, and only one of my two monitors was displaying the desktop screen. The settings were not detecting my monitor, so I configured some settings so that it would display both. I restart my computer, and during the boot...
  4. Black Screen from usb boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen from usb boot: I have been trying to boot from usb to upgrade windows 10. The screen shows a blinking cursor , then the windows logo and restarts, it even crashes completely sometimes , and I couldn't get to install no updates through the media creation tool directly , and unfortunately I...
  5. Black screen after boot logo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after boot logo: Hi, when I turn on the laptop, I see only the manufacturer's logo with the windows loading sign and right after it, instead of the loading screen, there is a black screen or automatic repair, which after selecting any option restarts and there is still a black screen, any...
  6. Black Screen after Booting From Windows USB installer

Black Screen after Booting From Windows USB installer: I have tried to reinstall windows on my laptop because it is running slow. But when I try to boot from the USB that the media creation tool made, nothing happens. The DELL logo wheel spins around for awhile and then the screen goes black and nothing happens ever that....
  7. Black screen when booting after logo

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen when booting after logo: Hi to all, my laptop is not booting on first attempt. This happens around 3-4 months ago. It only has a black screen after the manufacturer logo and the rotating loading circles. No keyboard, no mouse, its totally unresponsive. What I do is I hit the power button to force...
  8. Windows 10 black screen after boot logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen after boot logo: PC does not boot right all the time, sometimes after the boot logo with the blue windows sign and the circeling dots, it just stays black and nothing happens. This started to occur with my old instalation, installed windows 10 to a new drive and formated the old one, still...
  9. UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME error + Blank Screen when Booting from USB (After Windows Logo...

UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME error + Blank Screen when Booting from USB (After Windows Logo...: One day I was installing Autodesk Inventor (just an application). After 3 - 4 hours, I was too lazy to turn on my monitor and shut my Dell OptiPlex 990 the normal way (I know, very foolish of me), and just pressed and held the power button until it shut down. So the 2...
  10. Black Screen After Boot Logo No Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen After Boot Logo No Cursor: Hi, here is my journey. All was good and well, until my Windows 7 on another drive gave me an NTOSKRNL.EXE error (fixed now). My Windows 10 booted fine at this point, but after entering my password, it was stuck on "logging in" for quite some time. I forced a reboot, and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 black screen after logo insta