Windows 10: Asus laptop boots directly into BIOS

Discus and support Asus laptop boots directly into BIOS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot get to Safe mode or recovery, The laptop just boots right to BIOS. I thought I download Windows 10 with Download Tool and I got this Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by richmassie, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Asus laptop boots directly into BIOS

I cannot get to Safe mode or recovery, The laptop just boots right to BIOS. I thought I download Windows 10 with Download Tool and I got this Error code: 0x80042405-0xA001A

:)

richmassie, Nov 13, 2018

2. BIOS mode after boot with ASUS laptop

Hi Anna,

In order to help you with your concern about your Windows 10 going to BIOS mode after boot, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system recently prior to getting this issue?
    • Is your Windows 10 up-to-date?
    • Have you checked the troubleshooting suggestions posted by Guru Kiran G from this

link
      ?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 13, 2018
  3. sleepless Win User
    Need help with bios for Asus laptop

hi,

i'm trying to figure which bios i should be using from the asus website. the laptop is asus k52n running windows10 x64 pro. the current bios reads v2.13, dated 08/21/2010.

the asus website has nothing listed for windows 10. there is a choice between "windows 7 32/64" and "others". the listing for windows 7 x64 is described as v2.30.3 which would seem to be a newer version, however it is dated as 07/14/2010 which is older than my current version. the "others" listing is described as v3.12 and dated 11/24/2010, which is definitely more recent than my current version.

i'd appreciate some advice on which to choose. i've been having some bs(od) issues for some time and i'd like to see if a bios change would help. here's a link to the asus driver webpage:

K52N | Notebooks | ASUS Global

thanks.*Wink

sleepless, Nov 13, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Asus laptop boots directly into BIOS

Laptop will not boot at all, not even from DVD

Hi, this is read from an HP forum, not ASUS- I've no idea if it applies.. but you can try it!
    Here are the steps:

1. Turn off the computer.
    2. Hold down the windows key + b and power on the laptop without letting go.
    3. Here's the magic: while holding down windows key + b, then press F2.
    4. The laptop will enter BIOS recovery mode, and you should be all set from there.

dalchina, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Asus laptop boots directly into BIOS

1. Asus laptop boots directly into BIOS - Similar Threads - Asus laptop boots

2. ASUS laptop won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS laptop won't boot: Hi guys, I have a bit of a problem with my laptop. Last week my SSD died, so I bought a new one. First connected it to my PC to install windows 11, went smooth, I copied all boot files and created BCD store through cmd on the new drive, tested everything on my PC. Then...
  3. ASUS laptop won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS laptop won't boot: Hi guys, I have a bit of a problem with my laptop. Last week my SSD died, so I bought a new one. First connected it to my PC to install windows 11, went smooth, I copied all boot files and created BCD store through cmd on the new drive, tested everything on my PC. Then...
  4. Asus Laptop wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Laptop wont boot: Hi,I am sure this has been asked before but I cant find the cpecific answer to the problem and I have tried many of the proposed solutions.My Asus ROG laptop wont boot up, it won't do a startup repair itself and I have download the MS media installation file to a USB and...
  5. Asus Laptop wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Laptop wont boot: Hi,I am sure this has been asked before but I cant find the cpecific answer to the problem and I have tried many of the proposed solutions.My Asus ROG laptop wont boot up, it won't do a startup repair itself and I have download the MS media installation file to a USB and...
  6. Asus Laptop wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop Boots in BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Boots in BIOS: I've got a problem with an Asus laptop that boots into the BIOS on every startup. I've taken out the old hard drive, installed an ssd to test and am able to go through the installation routine with Win 10 on a memory stick which seems to go ok. However, on a restart the...
  8. Laptop Boots in BIO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Boots in BIO: I've got a problem with an Asus laptop that boots into the BIOS on every startup. I've taken out the old hard drive, installed an ssd to test and am able to go through the installation routine with Win 10 on a memory stick which seems to go ok. However, on a restart the...
  9. ASUS Laptop Will Not Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS Laptop Will Not Boot: I have an older ASUS laptop I inherited from a family member. I performed a reset on the computer and now it will not boot properly. When I start the system, it goes into a setup process via Cortana. It cycles through the location, timezone and keyboard routines sometimes*...
  10. Need help with bios for Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with bios for Asus laptop: hi, i'm trying to figure which bios i should be using from the asus website. the laptop is asus k52n running windows10 x64 pro. the current bios reads v2.13, dated 08/21/2010. the asus website has nothing listed for windows 10. there is a choice between "windows 7...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus laptop boots directly to bios

2. asus - boot directly to bios