Windows 10: Asus laptop boots to black screen with weirdly large cursor please help

Discus and support Asus laptop boots to black screen with weirdly large cursor please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ThePancakePWNer [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThePancakePWNer, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Asus laptop boots to black screen with weirdly large cursor please help

/u/ThePancakePWNer, Mar 17, 2021

2. black screen with cursor over and over

i have an asus laptop running windows 10. after the update i am getting the black screen with cursor. i have gone thru all the steps here to fix it regarding the display adapter including rolling it back and unnstalling it. it works for a few minutes,
    but always goes back to the black screen. has anyone found a permanent fix for this yet?

mattwilsonfl, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor

I shut down my laptop properly - no hard boot - and the next time I turned it on, I got a black screen with the cursor.

I have tried a bunch of things but to no avail.

I don't have any peripherals attached.

Everything was working fine until the last shut down, all drivers were working fine.

System restore did not work, startup repair did not work, I don't have a recovery drive, it will not boot into safe mode of any kind - safe mode boot does the exact same thing, that is, black screen with cursor only now in lower resolution.

I have also done a system reset which also did not work, the situation is the same.

If my hard disk is on it's way out, I think I would've got some error but all works until just before the sign in, after which it's all just black with a cursor.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Laptop in question: Asus G551JM

Was originally Windows 8.1 and now is 10, upgrade was done a while back.

Ali Reza Topiwala, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Asus laptop boots to black screen with weirdly large cursor please help

Preparing automatic repair - black screen asus laptop

Hi,

In most cases, this issue is caused by a corrupted system file. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is there an error code displayed when the screen turns black?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article. It contains information and resolution about black screen errors.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Asus laptop boots to black screen with weirdly large cursor please help

1. Asus laptop boots to black screen with weirdly large cursor please help - Similar Threads - Asus laptop boots

2. Please help! Not booting to correct drive/black screen blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help! Not booting to correct drive/black screen blinking cursor: Hello, I have searched far and wide on this issue and tried things others have and I am getting nowhere. I have two hard drives, one is SSD with windows installed on it and the other is 1TB. Over the past few months I kept getting the booting error but found a temporary fix...
  3. Help my laptop is on black screen with no cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my laptop is on black screen with no cursor: This started when I clicked go back to previous build. And after it boots into windows but it's just a black screen with no cursor. But when I connect a usb. The notification sound can be heard. Can anyone help submitted by /u/ThisIsSparta__300 [link] [comments]...
  4. Black Screen W/Cursor Help Please.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen W/Cursor Help Please.: I came home from Thanksgiving day dinner only to have a Black screen with a cursor and I have tried almost all the repair options I could find on the net. My main problem is I have not task manager that will come up or when trying the safe mode option all I see is still the...
  5. Please help Black Screen with cursor and flashing squares

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help Black Screen with cursor and flashing squares: Hey guys I could really use your help im kinda stressed out since imma streamer I can't open my laptop it keeps me on a black screen and you can also see some black squares i can see my cursor but thats it i can't even start up my computer anymore i been trying for two full...
  6. Black Screen Cursor HELP

Black Screen Cursor HELP: So i have the black screen of death, ive tried safe mode i cant open task manager or cmd or anything... I know how it happened I wanted to run a exe but required a file to be in the c drive and since my c drive was full so i changed my c to d and my f to c using an...
  7. Booting to black screen with cursor

Booting to black screen with cursor: Hello and thank you all for any help or ideas. In general, on startup my computer is 'scanning and repairing' drives, then booting into a black screen with cursor. I don't have a pc easily available to install usb boot programs but have tried a couple thus far. Refreshing or...
  8. Guys help please! Black screen with cursor!

in Windows 10 Support
    Guys help please! Black screen with cursor!: First of all, sorry if I'm writing this in the wrong thread. NOTE: i am using a samsung laptop. I was using Windows 10 for quite some time now but recently it started showing that my disk is at 100. Okay. I started a disk checkup and it got stuck at 12%. I restarted my...
  9. Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP: Okay so I'm panicking a bit here. Installed the 'Windows 10 Login Screen Changer' that I found on this forum, clicked 'change background' and bam...black screen. I turned the computer off and on again and still black screen with a Cursor. Ctrl Alt Del does nothing. My...
  10. Black screen on asus laptop help please

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on asus laptop help please: Laptop running great but I plugged my camera in to upload photos. Message. Usb not recognized. I unplugged the camera and used another usb port. Now I have a black screen and no control. Suggestions? I am guessing the computer screen let the camera take over. 84175