Windows 10: Asus laptop - Bsod - Probably caused by - ntoskrnlmp.exe

Discus and support Asus laptop - Bsod - Probably caused by - ntoskrnlmp.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Asus laptop and since I upgraded to windows 10, I've been getting periodical shutdowns. I've received two Bsod's but most of the time, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by harlemheat37, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Asus laptop - Bsod - Probably caused by - ntoskrnlmp.exe

I have an Asus laptop and since I upgraded to windows 10, I've been getting periodical shutdowns. I've received two Bsod's but most of the time, my laptop would fall asleep while I was using it. I ran chkdsk and everything checked out ok so I decided to run verifier to see if a driver was causing the issue. I made a restore point, then, I ran verifier. From that point, my pc would not boot up. So, I went into safe mode and disabled verifier and was once again able to gain access to my laptop. When I opened the minidump report, it said the probable cause was ntoskrnlmp.exe

I'm not sure what the next step is to resolve this.

:)

harlemheat37, Jan 11, 2016

2. BSOD Probably caused by : memory_corruption?

Hi Chase, I am Rob, a volunteer and a 10 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis. Please remember as volunteers we are not responsible for the development of Windows or the computer hardware and drivers.

Below are methods to troubleshoot and try to fix the issue as well as how to post the DMP files so I can do a detailed analysis to see if we can glean more from it.

Methods to troubleshoot if you really want to, however, I do not recommend doing so on a brand new computer.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/t...

We can analyze the minidumps if you make them available from the OneDrive or other file sharing sites (such as MediaFire). If you have problems uploading the minidumps copy them to the Desktop or the Documents folder and upload them from there.

One-Drive - Share files and folders and change permissions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/sha...

Upload photos and files

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/add...

Zip or upload the contents of C:\Windows\minidump

Use OneDrive to upload collected files

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-U...

=====

Check these resources :

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/t...

BCCode: 0A 0x0000000A

Drivers could be at fault, however, disk issues or antivirus/antispyware/security products are just as likely to be the root cause as they can force a driver to corrupt or go out of bounds. The video driver or something affecting it would be very suspect.

Be sure the drivers, BIOS, and low-level chipset drivers are all updated by

manually checking at the System maker and device makers' sites.

BBCode: A 0x000000A <-- read this link

http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/...*1025.html?order=votes

This utility makes it easy to see which versions are loaded: Run DriverView - set VIEW to Hide Microsoft drivers - update those without Dump in their names. (Also update the BIOS and low-level chipset drivers.)

DriverView - Free - utility displays the list of all device drivers currently loaded on your system. For each driver in the list, additional useful information is displayed: load address of the driver, description, version, product name, company that created
    the driver, and more.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

For Drivers check System Maker as fallbacks and Device Maker's which are the most current. Right Click the Start Button - Device Manager - Display Adapter - write down the make and complete model of your video adapter - double click - Driver's tab - write down
    the version info. Now click UPdate Driver (this may not do anything as MS is far behind certifying drivers) - then Right Click - Uninstall - REBOOT this will refresh the driver stack.

Repeat that for Network - Network Card (NIC), Wifi, Sound, Mouse and Keyboard if 3rd party with their own software and drivers and any other major device drivers you have.

Now go to System Maker's site (Dell, HP, Toshiba as examples) (as rollback) and then Device Maker's site (Realtek, Intel, Nvidia, ATI as examples) and get their latest versions. (Look for BIOS, Chipset, and software updates at System Maker's site while there.)

Download - SAVE - go to where you put them - Right Click - RUN AD ADMIN - REBOOT after each installation.

Always check in Device Manager - Drivers tab to be sure the version you are installing actually shows up. This is because some drivers rollback before the latest is installed (sound drivers particularly do this) so install a driver - reboot - check to be sure
    it is installed and repeat as needed.

Repeat at Device Makers - BTW at Device Makers DO NOT RUN THEIR SCANNER - check manually by model.

Manually look at manufacturer's sites for drivers - and Device Maker's sites.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ht...

=====

Memory tests do not catch all errors such as mismatched memory (possible even for sticks that appear to be identical) and when faster memory is placed in the system behind slower memory. So it is best to also swap sticks in and out to check for those even if
    all memory tests fail to show a problem.

To test RAM check here - let it run 4+ hours or so. <-- best method

www.memtest.org

MemTestX86 - Test RAM With

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14201-memtes...

For the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Type in Cortana's search box -> Memory - find Memory Diagnostics tool

at top of list - click it - in Windows 8/8.1/10 the name is "Windows

Memory Diagnostic".

How to Run the Memory Diagnostics Tool in Windows 10 - name is

"Windows Memory Diagnostic" - Control Panel - Security and Maintenance - Administrative Tools - look for the tool.

======

After doing ALL the updates you can, and if the issue continues, then run

DriverVerifier.

Driver Verifier can help find some BSOD issues :

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

How To Troubleshoot Driver Problems in Windows Vista or 7. (8/8.1 and 10 are essentially the same).

Driver Verifier Manager & Device Manager in Windows

Using Driver Verifier

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/window...

WINKEY + X - RUN - type in -> verifier /reset hit enter to disable

If DriverVerifier creates a minidump upload it and post the link here so we can analyze it.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 11, 2016
  3. BSOD Probably caused by : memory_corruption?

My computer has started blue screening constantly especially on boot up after I turn it off. Windows has become especially slow task bar rarely works. here is my mini dump file.

ChaseMcMullen1, Jan 11, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Asus laptop - Bsod - Probably caused by - ntoskrnlmp.exe

Asus laptop - Bsod - Probably caused by - ntoskrnlmp.exe [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

5. You didn't specify what Sea tools diagnostic test you wanted me to perform. Regardless, I performed most of them and all tests came back error free. The details are few but, located in the zip file.

• Note: During the long generic diagnostic test, my laptop fell asleep while I was in the middle of typing.

Chkdsk didn't find any errors when it scanned my hard drive. The full report is zipped below.

HD Tune didn't find any damaged cells or sectors. The screenshot you requested are zipped below.

Attachment 58725

harlemheat37, Jan 13, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Thanks for your feedback about SeaTools, I'll edit it a.s.a.p. *Smile

It seems your hard drive is reaching the end of life.

Here is my benchmark, just performed it.
    Some values are lower, because I have the hard drive inserted in the place where the cd player used to be = -50% speed.
    Attachment 58747

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Asus laptop - Bsod - Probably caused by - ntoskrnlmp.exe

1. Asus laptop - Bsod - Probably caused by - ntoskrnlmp.exe - Similar Threads - Asus laptop Bsod

2. Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD: This is my first experience with this specific BSOD. I have not manually updated any drivers recently so I'm not quite sure of the issue, although it could be related to the NVIDIA display drivers I installed approx 1 month ago.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  3. Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD: This is my first experience with this specific BSOD. I have not manually updated any drivers recently so I'm not quite sure of the issue, although it could be related to the NVIDIA display drivers I installed approx 1 month ago.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  4. Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue: My windows has been suffering from BSOD three times a day for the past few weeks. Error code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORWhich means maybe caused by hardware error.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kc0aSUWORM_aAY9eAJedbEBuVFFVGQ7s/view?usp=sharingThis is the link to the minidump...
  6. Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue: My windows has been suffering from BSOD three times a day for the past few weeks. Error code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORWhich means maybe caused by hardware error.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kc0aSUWORM_aAY9eAJedbEBuVFFVGQ7s/view?usp=sharingThis is the link to the minidump...
  7. bsod probably caused by a driver

bsod probably caused by a driver: i was getting bsod error's for a few days so today i decided to run driver verifier and i got a bsod with driver verifier detected violation error, i viewed the minidump file and this issue is apparently being caused by "SteamStreamingMicrophone.sys" driver, how can i fix...
  8. Random BSOD: Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe

Random BSOD: Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe: I was playing a game when my computer suddenly crashed with the BSOD : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Below is my crash dump file, if anyone could please help me identify the issue, I would really appreciate it. Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.17763.132 AMD64...
  9. BSOD Probably caused by : memory_corruption

BSOD Probably caused by : memory_corruption: Hi, My computer frequently has BSOD. I have used windbg to analyze 800mb dump file as attached bellow: please help , thank you! Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.17763.1 X86 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File...
  10. BSOD, Bugcheck Analysis : "probably caused by : GenuineIntel"

BSOD, Bugcheck Analysis : "probably caused by : GenuineIntel": My 4-year-old custom build started having Bluescreens a month ago, it's rather random and sometimes I don't have crashes for days but it's very unpredictable. I wasn't able to trigger the crash with various test programs so I'm a little lost how I find a solution to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. x64_av_nt msdn