Windows 10: ASUS Laptop Factory Reset - Son forgot password

Discus and support ASUS Laptop Factory Reset - Son forgot password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my son is locked out of his old Windows 10 laptop. It is an ASUS e403s running Windows 10. I don't know which version of windows 10 it is licensed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by musiclover7, Mar 2, 2019.

1. ASUS Laptop Factory Reset - Son forgot password

So my son is locked out of his old Windows 10 laptop. It is an ASUS e403s running Windows 10. I don't know which version of windows 10 it is licensed for currently, so I don't want to simply just reinstall windows using USB. I would rather do a factory reset.

Online videos seem to suggest that I can tap F9 while booting to get to advanced boot menu, but this is not working for me. I've also tried F12 and F8. No joy.

Anyone have any idea how I can get to the advanced boot menu to initiate factory reset from outside of the OS, or can anyone tell me how to get which version of Windows I am running just from the login screen so I can be sure to know I am loading the right copy? Thx in advance!!

:)

musiclover7, Mar 2, 2019
  2. TyroneRob Win User

Asus Laptop W10 factory reset, Don't have password

I recently bought a used asus model e402s on craigslist and it came with the old guys details on it. Ive tried to contact him but he wont respond. I just need to factory reset it. So my problems are:

• I dont have the password
    • I cant do a factory reset from logging in because i dont have the password
    • The laptop doesnt have a cd drive
    • im not a computer tech! lol

TL;DR I need to reset the laptop to factory setting without a password. W10.

Thanks for any help!

TyroneRob, Mar 2, 2019
  3. HPGarcia Win User
    My son forgot his password

I setup a family account for my 10-year-old son. We both forgot his password. How do I reset his password on my Windows 10 pc? I'm the only other user on this pc.

Thanks

HP Garcia

HPGarcia, Mar 2, 2019
  4. ASUS Laptop Factory Reset - Son forgot password

SOFTWARE FOR FACTORY RESET OF ASUS LAPTOP

WHAT SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO FACTORY RESET MY ASUS LAPTOP?

LacciLunak, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

ASUS Laptop Factory Reset - Son forgot password

1. ASUS Laptop Factory Reset - Son forgot password - Similar Threads - ASUS Laptop Factory

2. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My son forgot his password to login on his laptop: My son forgot his login on his laptop. How do i reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-forgot-his-password-to-login-on-his-laptop/bf7b1f19-09a7-41cf-83ef-3fffd112acd3
  3. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son forgot his password to login on his laptop: My son forgot his login on his laptop. How do i reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-forgot-his-password-to-login-on-his-laptop/bf7b1f19-09a7-41cf-83ef-3fffd112acd3
  4. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ASUS Laptop password reset

ASUS Laptop password reset: My ASUS laptop just did a windows update. It’s now requiring me to reset my password. Never required before. I don’t recall my password and there are no options to assist me with recall...
  6. ASUS Laptop password reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Laptop password reset: My ASUS laptop just did a windows update. It’s now requiring me to reset my password. Never required before. I don’t recall my password and there are no options to assist me with recall...
  7. Can't Factory Reset Asus Laptop - No Password - Additonal Space Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Factory Reset Asus Laptop - No Password - Additonal Space Needed: No idea what topic to put this underMy father got locked out of his laptop /Notebook PC and simply wants to just wipe the whole thing and start over so he can use it again. There's nothing he wants to save on it anyway, but I'm having trouble.Laptop Specs From sticker on...
  8. Can't Factory Reset Asus Laptop - No Password - Additonal Space Needed

Can't Factory Reset Asus Laptop - No Password - Additonal Space Needed: No idea what topic to put this underMy father got locked out of his laptop /Notebook PC and simply wants to just wipe the whole thing and start over so he can use it again. There's nothing he wants to save on it anyway, but I'm having trouble.Laptop Specs From sticker on...
  9. Can't Factory Reset Asus Laptop - No Password - Additonal Space Needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Factory resetting my Asus laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory resetting my Asus laptop: It has been nearly 2 hours and my laptop is stuck at 39% of resetting. What should i do? Is there anything wrong?? Please help. When will it be complete??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-resetting-my-asus-laptop/10b80d5b-f017-4e67-9f31-70e0ee2511dc