Windows 10: Asus Laptop Freezes Completely after a while when charger is plugged in

Discus and support Asus Laptop Freezes Completely after a while when charger is plugged in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I am facing a problem with Asus X541NA laptop Windows 10. I don't know whether it is ASUS or Windows 10 but, as soon as I plug the charger in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Maria Theocharidou, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Asus Laptop Freezes Completely after a while when charger is plugged in

Hello. I am facing a problem with Asus X541NA laptop Windows 10.

I don't know whether it is ASUS or Windows 10 but, as soon as I plug the charger in after a while the laptop will freeze completely and I am not able to do anything apart from making a force shutdown from the power button.

This happens mostly when I watch videos on youtube. The screen freezes completely and I can hear the fans working louder than they are used to and then there's nothing I can do. Sometimes it reboots on its own.

I've tried everything I found in the internet. I tried sfc, dism but nothing was found, computer clean.

I restored the computer, it worked fine for 2 days but today it started freezing up again. Even if I try a Clean Boot there is nothing harming the computer, the only app I have installed is Google Chrome (I have it a long time now and never caused any problem) and Driver Booster 6. I don't even know if a driver update caused this. I updated all the drivers as soon as I restored the computer so I think maybe the problem is there. The antivirus I have is McAfee, the one that comes with the laptop. I am so tired of fixing problems all the time with this pc. And I still didn't get the new version of Windows 1809.

Can anyone help?

:)

Maria Theocharidou, Dec 7, 2018
  2. ozan0053 Win User

Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Hello.

I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep mode, however, i resolved this issue by turning computer on, removing the charger, and plugging it back in. That seemed to fix it. However, recently, this method stopped working. My computer runs completely fine when it is unplugged, however, when i plug it in, i get a "Low battery" warning (even though i HAD 72% battery), and the laptop immediately goes to sleep mode. Trying to turn it on is useless. It will only turn on if the charger isn't plugged.

Any advice?

PS: I have already changed all my power & sleep options. Everything is set to "Never".

ozan0053, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Laptop freezes when connected to AC

I have tried alot to fix the laptop and gave up pretty much. however, I was bored and decided to mess with it just for funs. to my surprise and through testing numerous times, i found something interesting yet strange.

whenever the AC charger is plugged into the laptop (with or without the battery in the laptop), the laptop has a chance to freeze randomly (sometimes within a few minutes sometimes a bit longer, doesn't matter if its idle or not).

But...if the laptop is just running off the battery with no AC charger, it does not freeze (I have tried this 10+ times)

I thought the charger had some problems but my dad checked it and found that the charger was working fine.

Now the question is, why is having the charger plugged causing freezing???

Darkgundam111, Dec 7, 2018
  4. tiggerkk Win User

Asus Laptop Freezes Completely after a while when charger is plugged in

Windows 10 Asus T100 laptop plugged in, not charging

I have an Asus T100 laptop with Windows 10. Starting from April 23, when I plug in the original AC charger, it tells me the battery is at a certain % (plugged in, not charging). It stays that way as long as the charger is plugged in (% doesn't go up or
    down). After I turn off the laptop and leave the charger plugged in overnight, it doesn't charge to 100%.

I generated a battery report and updated it to: battery_report.html

tiggerkk, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Asus Laptop Freezes Completely after a while when charger is plugged in

1. Asus Laptop Freezes Completely after a while when charger is plugged in - Similar Threads - Asus Laptop Freezes

2. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron-3567. I have been using in for 2 years, but recently when i plug in the charger it works for about 30 mins to 1 hour and suddenly shuts down. It wont turn back on unless I reconnect the battery and charger. I tried power draining the laptop but...
  3. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron-3567. I have been using in for 2 years, but recently when i plug in the charger it works for about 30 mins to 1 hour and suddenly shuts down. It wont turn back on unless I reconnect the battery and charger. I tried power draining the laptop but...
  4. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop Touchpad responds erratically while plugged in charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Touchpad responds erratically while plugged in charger: I have a HP NotebookSerial Number : CND5410BHCProduct Number : T0Z08PA#UUFThe problem is when i plug in my laptop my touchpad moves erratically, and sometimes my mouse right clicks itself.If anyone got solution please tell me how to fix that.I have searched a lot but can't...
  6. Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.

Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.: What should I do? My laptop freezes ever second when charger is not plugged in. I am using Lenovo E4430 i7 8gb ram 128ssd NVIDIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-freezes-when-charger-is-not-plugged-in/8581f8eb-b1ba-4b18-b34a-93d10dfa885a
  7. Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in

Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in: Hello, I've been having issues with my laptop. Whenever I'm doing something like playing a videogame or watching videos, and I unplug my laptop charger while doing it, it begins to lag heavily. I've tried going into power options and changing my Intel Graphic settings, but...
  8. New Asus Vivobook X513EP laptop freezes when it is connected to the charger.

New Asus Vivobook X513EP laptop freezes when it is connected to the charger.: I bought this new Asus Vivobook 15 X513EP laptop which has anintel 11th gen core i7 processor and I'm having this problem, every time it is connected to the charger, the screencrashes and freezes where nothing works even the keyboard. The only option is to turn off the laptop...
  9. Laptop Bsod while plugged into charger windows 10

Laptop Bsod while plugged into charger windows 10: Issue: whenever the laptop is either booted up while connected to the charger, or connected to the charger after booting up, it will bsod anywhere from 0 to 30 seconds after the requirements are met. System Specs: OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER...
  10. Laptop lags when i plugged in or unplug charger while playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lags when i plugged in or unplug charger while playing: Hi, I'm looking for the fix, well, when i'm turning on my laptop, while it's charging, and i'm playing the game, and when i just unplug charger, it's have terrible lag, and this repeat also when i'm turning on my laptop on battery, playing games well, and when i plugged in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus laptop freezes when charging

2. asus laptop freezes when plugged in

3. asus laptop freezing when plugged in

4. x541na no charging,
  5. charger making laptop freeze randomly,
  6. Asus laptop gpu crash when charging,
  7. my asus laptop crach if i connected the charger,
  8. when my laptop is charging it freezes after sleep mode,
  9. how to repair charger error for asus x441n,
  10. my laptop freezes randomly when pluged ,
  11. asus x441n freezes,