Windows 10: Asus Laptop Internal Speakers not working

Discus and support Asus Laptop Internal Speakers not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Randomly during use, my laptop speakers stop working along with the audio jack. The laptop is a Asus X555Q, and I've tried reinstalling drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FriendlyMurc, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Asus Laptop Internal Speakers not working

Randomly during use, my laptop speakers stop working along with the audio jack.

The laptop is a Asus X555Q, and I've tried reinstalling drivers, getting new ones, factory resetting, driver rollback and using dsim.

I am currently using windows ten and my laptop is 3.5 years old.

When ever I try to press the sound it will automatically go to trouble shooting and say that the speaker is not plugged in.

When hovering over speaker setup it shows no options but unknown.

The diagnostics is as follows:

{

Playing Audio Publisher details: Issues found

The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged

The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged
    An audio device must be plugged in to play or record sound. Not fixed Not Fixed
    Plug in the speaker, headset or headphone Informational

Check audio device

Check audio device
    There might be a problem with your audio device. Detected Detected
    Potential issues that were checked
    One or more audio service isn't running

One or more audio service isn't running
    Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly. Atleast one of these services isn't running. Issue not present

Audio device is disabled

Audio device is disabled
    The audio device you selected is currently turned off in Windows. Issue not present
    Your PC must be restarted Your PC must be restarted: Issue not present
    Hardware changes might not have been detected

Hardware changes might not have been detected: Issue not present

Issues found Detection details
    5 The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged Not fixed Not Fixed

An audio device must be plugged in to play or record sound.
    Plug in the speaker, headset or headphone Informational

The audio peripheral doesn't appear to be plugged in. Check the connection.

Check audio device Detected Detected

There might be a problem with your audio device.
    Potential issues that were checked Detection details
    One or more audio service isn't running Issue not present

}

Is there a fix for this?

:)

FriendlyMurc, Nov 6, 2020
  2. StevePYYZ Win User

no sound plays through internal speakers

I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists
    its location at HDMI port. Suggestions?

StevePYYZ, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Internal webcam not working ASUS UX430UA Laptop

Hey guys,

So I'm having an issue with my internal webcam on my laptop (Asus UX430UA). Basically whenever I use the windows camera app, skype or any other video service it just shows a black screen, also a white led turns on next to the webcam when using the apps possibly indicating the webcam is on? I tried googling and looking at other forums for months now and seems like no one has a straight answer and/or fix. I tried uninstalling the webcam driver " USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam" and reinstalling and that didn't work, tried looking for an updated driver via Asus driver downloads and there isn't one listed for my model and also made sure all Windows 10 privacy settings are not blocking the webcam from working and that still didn't work. Hopefully someone has a suggestion that I haven't tried yet, here are the details of the driver; Version: 10.0.18362.693, Date: 6/21/2006.

Thanks in advance!

AustBart22, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Asus Laptop Internal Speakers not working

My external speakers on my gaming laptop are not working but my internal speakers that are build inside are working.

I also try using another laptop that also has Windows 10 Home on it but with version 1909 not 2004 and the one with version 1909 when I plugged my speaker jack into it the internal and external speakers worked on my gaming laptop like normal. When I use
    my gaming laptop and plug in my external speaker jack only my internal speakers are working not my external.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-r...rushed-metallic-black/6338248.p?skuId=6338248

Tenforo, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Asus Laptop Internal Speakers not working

1. Asus Laptop Internal Speakers not working - Similar Threads - Asus Laptop Internal

2. internal speakers dont work on asus strix G16 laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    internal speakers dont work on asus strix G16 laptop with windows 10: brand new laptop, my internal speakers don't work in Windows only when pc starts i hear any sound. I have not muted or disabled anything, and I did not open my laptop to physically unplug my internal speakers and they function upon statrtup. The troubleshooter cannot identify...
  3. internal speakers dont work on asus strix G16 laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internal speakers dont work on asus strix G16 laptop with windows 10: brand new laptop, my internal speakers don't work in Windows only when pc starts i hear any sound. I have not muted or disabled anything, and I did not open my laptop to physically unplug my internal speakers and they function upon statrtup. The troubleshooter cannot identify...
  4. internal speakers dont work on asus strix G16 laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop internal speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop internal speakers: Since updating my laptop to Windows 11 my laptop doesn't seem to find the internal speakers. The sound icon on the taskbar show mute. If I click to the settings there is nothing I can see about internalspeakers and I'm unable to change the volume levels....
  6. Laptop internal speakers

Laptop internal speakers: Since updating my laptop to Windows 11 my laptop doesn't seem to find the internal speakers. The sound icon on the taskbar show mute. If I click to the settings there is nothing I can see about internalspeakers and I'm unable to change the volume levels....
  7. Windows 11 not detecting internal speakers in Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not detecting internal speakers in Asus laptop: I have an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo with internal Realtek speakers. When I upgrade to Windows 11 it will not detect my speakers at all. I have done Troubleshoot which tells me my device is unplugged, which is not the case because they work fine in 10. I have updated the drivers to...
  8. Windows 11 not detecting internal speakers in Asus laptop

Windows 11 not detecting internal speakers in Asus laptop: I have an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo with internal Realtek speakers. When I upgrade to Windows 11 it will not detect my speakers at all. I have done Troubleshoot which tells me my device is unplugged, which is not the case because they work fine in 10. I have updated the drivers to...
  9. Internal Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Speakers not working: For awhile now whenever I'd join a discord, the group voice chat application, my audio wouldn't pick up until I messed with the settings a thousand times. To try to solve this, I plugged in a headset. For some reason that seemed to wipe out my internal speakers all together....
  10. Internal Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internal Speakers not working: For awhile now whenever I'd join a discord, the group voice chat application, my audio wouldn't pick up until I messed with the settings a thousand times. To try to solve this, I plugged in a headset. For some reason that seemed to wipe out my internal speakers all together....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ASUS X555Q no speaker detected