Windows 10: Asus Laptop Q325UA Secure Boot Violation

Discus and support Asus Laptop Q325UA Secure Boot Violation in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi everyone I'm having a secure boot violation issue with my Asus Q325UA machine, which is just over a year old. Its CPU Intel Core i7 8550U 20 SSD... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DomG1, Jul 31, 2019.

1. DomG1 Win User

Asus Laptop Q325UA Secure Boot Violation

Hi everyone I'm having a secure boot violation issue with my Asus Q325UA machine, which is just over a year old.

Its CPU Intel Core i7 8550U 20

SSD 512 GB

Ram 16GB

was running the unit as normal and left it on overnight and restarted the next morning. Upon restart the following message was displayed

"Secure Boot Violation

Invalid Signature Detected Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup"

So i was able to enter asus bios setting and disable the secure boot feature, click save and restart.

When booting back up, the unit gets stuck on the Asus Logo Startup screen and nothing else happens.

Went back into bios and disabled the cdm option and again the same thing happened on restart - frozen on asus logo Startup screen

There are no other options i can find in the asus bios version 308 that would allow me to get at the UFEI option and get into windows. Even creating a bootable windows usb drive and using that gets me to the asus logo startup screen and I see a circle spinning under the logo and then the screen just goes dark and nothing else happens. I can't get into windows environment at all

Took it to a friend of mine who removed the ssd to mount it externally and it shows the ssd is bitlocker encrypted. Now i bought the machine from bestbuy as an open box item, and upon using it, I never saw anything pertaining to a bitlocker key or even an option to turn on bitlocker. All i can speculate is that previous owner turned on bitlocker and bestbuy didnt wipe the system properly and i am now stuck without any keys nor can i get into windows to attempt to do anything.

I dont want to wipe the hardrive as I'm a student that has impt files on there ( and no I didn't have a image backup--my fault) Anyway I would greatly appreciate any insight someone may be able to offer on this matter.

Thanks

:)

DomG1, Jul 31, 2019

2. Secure Boot Violation - Invalid Signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup.

"Secure Boot Violation"

ASUS Model R518U Notebook PC

RichardGould3, Jul 31, 2019
  3. blaz3 Win User
    Can't access BIOS Secure Boot Violation

Nothing worked, I'm having issues with running windows 7 probably because I can't get into bios to change bios to be friendly with windows 7. Secure boot should still be enabled but I do have CSM enabled. I had to wipe windows 7 and reinstall windows 10 to get past the secure boot violation and boot up.

blaz3, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Asus Laptop Q325UA Secure Boot Violation

secure boot violation

My laptop had a critical update which was downloaded automatically.

I asked it to restart after installing the update.

After the "MSI" welcome screen a message came up saying"

Secure Boot Violation

Invalid signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup

It is the first time I received this message and can't make out what i should be doing.

Any help would be appreciated.

GriffenWarries, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Asus Laptop Q325UA Secure Boot Violation

1. Asus Laptop Q325UA Secure Boot Violation - Similar Threads - Asus Laptop Q325UA

2. secure boot violation, but I need secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    secure boot violation, but I need secure boot: Hi, I know how to disable secure boot and everthing works fine after I disable the setting.But in order to play valorant I need secure boot enabled. My question is how do I keep secure boot enable without getting the error message.I am in UEFI mode and everything works fine...
  3. secure boot violation, but I need secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    secure boot violation, but I need secure boot: Hi, I know how to disable secure boot and everthing works fine after I disable the setting.But in order to play valorant I need secure boot enabled. My question is how do I keep secure boot enable without getting the error message.I am in UEFI mode and everything works fine...
  4. Boot issues; "secure boot violation"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot issues; "secure boot violation": I have a acer desktop pc running windows 10. When booting i get a red box with the message "Secure boot violation: invalid signature detected. check secure boot policy in setup" I've tried turning off the secure boot in BIOS but it just leads to a permanent 'acer' screen...
  5. secure boot violation

secure boot violation: Bonjour, suite à une mise à jour de mon ordinateur, je rencontre plusieurs soucis lors du redémarrage. Dans un premier temps le défaut suivant s'affiche: secure boot violation Invalid signature detected. check secure boot policy in setup. Je tape sur entrer puis...
  6. Secure boot violation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secure boot violation: I have an Asus laptop and it has almost 5 years. I opened my laptop today and this message on a red rectangle appeared "secure boot violation" and it had no code but a button on which was "ok". To be honest at first i was thinking thaf it had to deal with the signature so i...
  7. Secure Boot Violation error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secure Boot Violation error: Hey guys, Any idea as to why I get this error? Since I bought the laptop OS-Free and installed windows 10 I get this everytime I turn it on. If i press enter everything is fine, but it just doesn't seem ok to have this error all the time.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] /// So ,...
  8. Secure boot violation

Secure boot violation: After my Asus laptop did an automatic upgrade i keep getting the message ”Invalid signature detection. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup” I press ok and get to a blue/grey Aptio Setup Utility. I’ve tried disabling the secure boot policy and tried enabling and disabling the...
  9. Secure boot violation

Secure boot violation: PC is an acer aspire tc-885, 1 TB hard disk, 16 GB Optane memory, 8 GB Ram, 8th Gen Intel Core i3 (8100), Win 10 Home 64 Bit. Used last evening just fine. Windows was trying to update and I delayed update. Powered down computer without update. This am.........
  10. Secure boot violation

Secure boot violation: What happened? Clicked "update and shut down" The next day turned on the computer to see only this:[IMG] [IMG][IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-violation/c4ff9789-9ab4-4c6d-bb18-4e938824e271