Windows 10: Asus Laptop Replaced SSD Cant Boot Windows After Install

Discus and support Asus Laptop Replaced SSD Cant Boot Windows After Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I put a new samsung 970 pro mvme ssd into my laptop with a windows 10 usb drive, it recognized the drive and copied files, but at restart it booted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xboxhaxorz, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Asus Laptop Replaced SSD Cant Boot Windows After Install

I put a new samsung 970 pro mvme ssd into my laptop with a windows 10 usb drive, it recognized the drive and copied files, but at restart it booted back into the USB

I removed it and it just keeps booting to the bios, i have secure boot off and csm enabled
    I cant delete boot option as its empty

I booted back from the USB and it did indeed create all the partitions for windows, i deleted and resinstalled with same issue

:)

xboxhaxorz, Nov 24, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 24, 2018
  3. 2BearArmy Win User
    Random Disappearing/Reappearing SSD on Boot

Config:

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3
    OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G 480GB SSD
    Corsair 850W PSU
    2x HD 6950 GPU's

My desktop has a 480GB SSD main drive (OS and games), and two secondary HDD's for media storage.

I have had no issues with this SSD, until I tried to add a second video card to my system, and subsequently had to remove it. After a couple re-installs and finally getting the Crossfire to work, I am still in this broken state.

Symptom:

If I put my computer to sleep, restart, power down, it is a complete gamble as to whether or not the system will see the boot drive. What is consistent, is that after a seemingly random interval, it will eventually see the drive and boot straight to windows.

Troubleshooting Steps:

• Reset Bios
    • Removed all other options for bootable devices
    • Re-installed Windows
    • Updated all OS drivers
    • Updated firmware for both the MoBo bios and the SSD.
    • Replaced all SATA cables
    • Moved to another SATA controller port
    • Switched power cables
    • SSDLife came back saying the drive is healthy
    I am literally out of ideas at this point, and the issue is extremely annoying. Sometimes my boot times are 30 seconds (if it sees the drive) sometimes it's 20 minutes (constant reboots until it sees the drive).

Anyone have any other ideas, or have seen this before?

2BearArmy, Nov 24, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Asus Laptop Replaced SSD Cant Boot Windows After Install

Laptops can't boot from optical HDD\SSD caddy :-(

Hello
    I have been investigating *a lot* and trying to boot a 2015 year HP Pavilion DV7 17-f076no (Serial: J1X05EA#UUW) from a Chinese Ebay optical drive HDD\SSD caddy:
    Read multiple forum questions that had the same problem as I: ( Bios can't find a bootable SSD inside optical caddy )
    https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...find-caddy-SSD-in-BIOS-boot-list/td-p/3278964
    BIOS doesn't recognize the second HDD (hard drive caddy) - Systems

Startup:
    • Cloned a 1000gb HDD containing 100/1000gb of Windows 10 Home 64-bit to a 500gb SSD with a EZ Gig IV 4.6.2 cloning software and a USB-SATA transfer cable.
    • Original 1000gb HDD is still inside the laptop.
    • DVD-drive replaced with a 500gb SSD caddy.
    So far:
    • The SSD (=2018 Samsung 860EVO 500gb) can be used and seen inside Windows 10. ( As a storage only )
    • The 2015 Bios F.43 Rev.A American Megatrends Inc. can not see the SSD from the BIOS boot order. Windows Boot Manager sees only the original HDD.
    • UEFI Legacy boot-mode is disabled. I don't think enabling it would help since I'm starting up Windows 10.
    Solutions:
    • Faulty caddy ? Chinese sellers sell many multiple variations of different 9.7mm thick caddys with different micro switches. This one had only a 1 pc of micro switch with 2 position choices.
    • Bios is just not flexible enough. Open the 20+pcs of laptop screws and put the SSD to the place of the original HDD.
    • UEFI Legacy mode ?
    • Modding the caddy. Someone said the caddy is in a "power saving sleep mode" when inside BIOS and it is therefore unseen and shortening some pins would help ? Any experience in soldering the caddy electronics so that it is constantly awake ? This sounds believable ?
    • Cloned the HDD twice to minimize errors but no help I doubt it is because of the cloning process and if it is it is because the HDD and SSD were not the same size 1000gb and 1000gb and the partitions don't match or so...?
    Laptops are not easy...

user33331, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Asus Laptop Replaced SSD Cant Boot Windows After Install

1. Asus Laptop Replaced SSD Cant Boot Windows After Install - Similar Threads - Asus Laptop Replaced

2. Laptop cant boot after Linux install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cant boot after Linux install: So i tried installing Black Arch Linux on my USB, but put it on my laptop instead. At first it booted to Linux, but it randomly stopped doing that and now just tries to boot from LAN. There is no boot option remaining now. I tried bootrec commands i found online but it wont...
  3. Laptop cant boot after Linux install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cant boot after Linux install: So i tried installing Black Arch Linux on my USB, but put it on my laptop instead. At first it booted to Linux, but it randomly stopped doing that and now just tries to boot from LAN. There is no boot option remaining now. I tried bootrec commands i found online but it wont...
  4. Laptop cant boot after Linux install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cant boot Windows with SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant boot Windows with SSD: Hi all,i have been going crazy the last three days and hope that someone can help me.I recently purchased a new SSD Crucial MX500.Firstly i had many problems trying to install Windows from a USB onto the SSD with the error message, that the SSD wasnt supported by the...
  6. Cant boot Windows with SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant boot Windows with SSD: Hi all,i have been going crazy the last three days and hope that someone can help me.I recently purchased a new SSD Crucial MX500.Firstly i had many problems trying to install Windows from a USB onto the SSD with the error message, that the SSD wasnt supported by the...
  7. PC won’t boot after SSD replaced

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC won’t boot after SSD replaced: Lenovo Yoga 11S, - installed a replacement SSD, “Information” tab on BIOS shows SSD 128G but “Boot” tab doesn’t show SSD drive. Mode = UEFI, Fast Boot = Disabled, USB Boot = Enabled...
  8. Installing replacement SSD on laptop

Installing replacement SSD on laptop: I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running the latest Windows 10 Home. Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1198) The laptop is a Toshiba satellite S855 Intel cpu i7-3610QM, 8GB installed ram Its old hdd is extremely slow so I want to replace it with a 1 TB ssd. The SSD is a Samsung...
  9. Cant boot after trying to replace gpu.

Cant boot after trying to replace gpu.: Hey all hopefully you can be of assistance. I bought a new/used rx480 to replace my 1060 3gb. I swapped out the hardware and since then I have not been able to get past my bios screen. For awhile I was getting the diagnosing your pc screen that would sit for ages. I...
  10. "Boot Device Not Found" Error After Replacing Laptop HDD with an SSD

"Boot Device Not Found" Error After Replacing Laptop HDD with an SSD: I recently helped a friend upgrade his older HP laptop (i5-4th Gen CPU) by replacing the hard drive with a Samsung 860 EVO SSD. Upgrade went fine, programs work fine, etc. The OS is the latest Windows 10 version 1909 (Home). But every day or so, the computer either boots...