Windows 10: Asus laptop scroll JUST stopped working

Discus and support Asus laptop scroll JUST stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just now it stopped working, windows did update just now Its still enabled in asus smart gesture 89778 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xboxhaxorz, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Asus laptop scroll JUST stopped working

Just now it stopped working, windows did update just now

Its still enabled in asus smart gesture

:)

xboxhaxorz, Jul 24, 2017
  2. Dayzee77 Win User

Change invert scrolling in Windows 10

I just bought my laptop and the annoying inverted scrolling was on so I fixed it by:

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Asus Smart Gestures (on my laptop)

then I selected the box under Scroll that said

Content moves reversely with your finger's direction.

works like a charm

Dayzee77, Jul 24, 2017
  3. Windows 10 mouse gestures problem resolved on ASUS laptop

I have read a few threads of users of Windows 10 that have ASUS laptops where the Windows 10 mouse gestures do not work. I have an ASUS laptop and I was able to fix the problem. I hope some users find this useful.

A few months after having installed Windows 10 the mouse gestures (such as three-finger scrolling to view all open windows, and four-finger scrolling to switch between desktops) stopped working without warning. They had worked for a while before I noticed
    they did not work any longer. To fix this issue, all I did was go to the ASUS website, re-download the trackpad driver specific to my laptop, and select "repair driver" when the option came up. This method is my advice for those who are having similar issues.

James Squish, Jul 24, 2017
  4. Asus laptop scroll JUST stopped working

Hi xboxhaxorz.

Check you windows update history, see if a driver was added, likely for touchpad but could be something else like mouse.

If found roll back that driver?

If that fails you could also try re-installing Asus driver.

I would have a system Image made from a tool like Macrium Reflect just in case. Better safe that sorry.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 24, 2017
  5. Yep that was it, stupid forced updates ruining lives lol

xboxhaxorz, Jul 24, 2017
  6. Okay so you can hide that update or you can tell Windows to lay off the driver updates. If you don't it is just coming back.

I use this process in v1607

Windows + R keys
    Enter Sysdm.cpl
    Click on Hardware tab
    Click on Device Installation Settings
    Click on No
    A menu appears (first time) click Never Install driver software.
    You may get a warning. Click the option that says I’ll take care of it (not exact words)

I found this article and this is what I'm using in 1703. It must be working as my Wi-Fi card requires an ancient driver and I know there are updates, I get one every major update.

https://www.howtogeek.com/302595/how...dware-drivers/

In the article quite a ways down there is a link labelled “Disable Automatic Driver Updates Hacks”
    This downloads a zip file with two registry hacks. Read the paragraph above the link. I used the hack on my V1703 (Creators). Likely have to run Hack after each major update, Anniversary, Creator, XXXX.

If you could also mark your thread solved it will help other to find. Thanks

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Asus laptop scroll JUST stopped working

1. Asus laptop scroll JUST stopped working - Similar Threads - Asus laptop scroll

2. Bluetooth on laptop just stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth on laptop just stops working randomly: Hi all,I've been researching this issue, ad nauseum. I've tried everything so far that I have seen recommended. Here's what I've done:1. Run the BT troubleshooter2. Made sure BT is turned on multiple times3. Restarted BT Support Service multiple times. This works after...
  3. Bluetooth on laptop just stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth on laptop just stops working randomly: Hi all,I've been researching this issue, ad nauseum. I've tried everything so far that I have seen recommended. Here's what I've done:1. Run the BT troubleshooter2. Made sure BT is turned on multiple times3. Restarted BT Support Service multiple times. This works after...
  4. Bluetooth on laptop just stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Built-in laptop Keyboard stopped working ASUS laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in laptop Keyboard stopped working ASUS laptop: Hello community,I ran a 22 kb application did not recieve any warnings about it from antiviruses thinking it was meant to apply an update to another application as it has an appropriate name, but as soon as I presses it, Cybersight Ransomstopper detected it and reported that...
  6. Built-in laptop Keyboard stopped working ASUS laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in laptop Keyboard stopped working ASUS laptop: Hello community,I ran a 22 kb application did not recieve any warnings about it from antiviruses thinking it was meant to apply an update to another application as it has an appropriate name, but as soon as I presses it, Cybersight Ransomstopper detected it and reported that...
  7. Built-in laptop Keyboard stopped working ASUS laptop

8. SCROLL STOPPED WORKING

SCROLL STOPPED WORKING: My computer updated last night and now my scroll function is not working. Please help. I have limited use of my hands and scrolling is easier han buttons. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-stopped-working/724439b7-e777-417e-8198-5fc489e784dc
  9. laptop just stop working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop just stop working: my pc ran into a problem and need to restart, then a message display that we're collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you, the message also display stop code: CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT, and say for more information about this issue visit...
  10. Mouse scroll stopped working

Mouse scroll stopped working: Suddenly the scroll wheel doesn't work. I've got a Dell 8500 PC, a Dell USB mouse and Windows 10. Everything has been fine, but suddenly the mouse is haywire. I tried updating my Dell drivers, checked the mouse settings in Windows 10 and turned off the "Scroll on inactive...