Windows 10: Asus laptop stuck on 'getting windows ready'

Discus and support Asus laptop stuck on 'getting windows ready' in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I disconnected my laptop from wifi then went to shut down. Unfortunately selected 'update & shut down' but there is no Wifi so it can't update. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristinaTippett, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Asus laptop stuck on 'getting windows ready'

I disconnected my laptop from wifi then went to shut down. Unfortunately selected 'update & shut down' but there is no Wifi so it can't update. I have turned laptop off & on but still shows 'getting ready' message. What do I do??

:)

ChristinaTippett, Jun 17, 2021

2. Getting Windows Ready Stuck

Hi Pablo,

If your computer is still stuck at the Getting Windows Ready screen, we suggest that you go to this

thread
    and perform the steps provided by Tadasha Mishra and other community members which other people have found helpful.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Computer stuck at getting windows ready

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, may we ask if you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps? This is to avoid repeating of the possible steps done.

If Windows 10 install gets stuck on the message "Getting Windows ready", it is possible that the internet connection might be running slow. Kindly ensure that your internet connection can suffice the download during the update. The other thing would be a conflict
    from external devices. We suggest temporarily disconnect all peripherals aside from mouse and keyboard.

If you require any further information, let us know.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Asus laptop stuck on 'getting windows ready'

Asus Laptop stuck on aptio

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Select the Boot menu in the Aptio setup utility, select 'Launch CSM' and change to enable.
    • Select the Security menu n the Aptio setup utility, select 'secure Boot Control' and change to disable.
    • Select Save & Exit and press 'yes'.
    • Hold down the power button until the unit switches power off completely.
    • Switch back on and continually press the F9 button for about ten seconds; this should now allow the unit to boot up into the Windows Recovery menu.
    • Select 'Advanced Start Up' and wait until the recovery menu appears.
    • Select ' Advanced Options'.
    • Select 'System Restore' and select a date prior to when the problem occurred.
    Also, I suggest you to refer the below thread:

Help! Stuck in Asus Aptio Setup Utility, after restarting the system screen turns black with one white underscore flashing

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Asus laptop stuck on 'getting windows ready'

1. Asus laptop stuck on 'getting windows ready' - Similar Threads - Asus laptop stuck

2. Laptop's on low battery and it's stuck in 'getting windows ready'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's on low battery and it's stuck in 'getting windows ready': My laptop was getting laggy and the apps I opened were non responsive so I restarted it but now it's stuck on 'getting windows ready' I can try waiting but the laptop's very low on battery and we are having a power cut. So what should I do? I use Windows 10 btw....
  3. Laptop's on low battery and it's stuck in 'getting windows ready'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop's on low battery and it's stuck in 'getting windows ready': My laptop was getting laggy and the apps I opened were non responsive so I restarted it but now it's stuck on 'getting windows ready' I can try waiting but the laptop's very low on battery and we are having a power cut. So what should I do? I use Windows 10 btw....
  4. Laptop's on low battery and it's stuck in 'getting windows ready'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Getting windows ready stuck for days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting windows ready stuck for days: I own a Lenovo IdeaPad Y700, it's a great and powerful laptop it hardly has problems. I tried running it yesterday and it showed the familiar "getting windows ready don't turn off your computer" it has been stuck for two days straight. I tried turning off my laptop via the...
  6. Getting windows ready stuck for days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting windows ready stuck for days: I own a Lenovo IdeaPad Y700, it's a great and powerful laptop it hardly has problems. I tried running it yesterday and it showed the familiar "getting windows ready don't turn off your computer" it has been stuck for two days straight. I tried turning off my laptop via the...
  7. My laptop is stuck in the getting windows ready screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop is stuck in the getting windows ready screen: I left my laptop on sleep for a day and when i opened it it was having some errors/slow performance so i decided to restart it. I always close all apps when i restart or shut down my laptop. A prompt saying an app was preventing my laptop from restarting appeared when i was...
  8. Stuck at getting ready

Stuck at getting ready: I have installed windows using a usb and adter the installation and stuff its just stuck at getting ready for a long time i dont think this is normal . I want to keep my files and am using an laptop with a non removable battery...
  9. Screen stuck on getting windows ready

Screen stuck on getting windows ready: i updated and shut down when ethernet was unplugged. then i realized it and replugged the ethernet. now the screen is stuck on getting windows ready. did the ethernet have something to do with it? What do I do?...
  10. Stuck at Getting Windows ready

Stuck at Getting Windows ready: After I hit update and shut down, my PC got stuck at 35% and more than 3 hours passed by. Then I tried to go to advanced settings and troubleshoot/ do anything from that menu but in order to do so, I needed to login to my microsoft account. While trying to do that, it showed...