Windows 10: Asus laptop touchpad cursor / mouse pointer jumps - SOLUTION!

Discus and support Asus laptop touchpad cursor / mouse pointer jumps - SOLUTION! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There are many, many threads about this issue, all of which give the wrong answers. The problem is that on Asus x401u and probably many other similar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mdavej, Apr 12, 2019.

1. mdavej Win User

Asus laptop touchpad cursor / mouse pointer jumps - SOLUTION!

There are many, many threads about this issue, all of which give the wrong answers. The problem is that on Asus x401u and probably many other similar makes and models, the touchpad works properly when the laptop is running on battery power alone, but jumps wildly when plugged into the power supply.

Other threads just say to add/remove/uninstall/reinstall/update drivers, even reformat the computer and re-install the OS. None of these solutions do anything because the cause is simply that cheap, RF noisy, 3rd party replacement power supplies affect the very sensitive touchpad. It's an electrical problem, NOT as software problem. All the software/settings changes in the world cannot fix it.

The solution is to throw the bad power supply in the garbage and get a higher quality one. The original part from Asus is an option but is quite expensive. However, I have found at least one Dell power supply that's cheap and plentiful and works fine. Mouse pointer is rock steady with it. Here's the exact model I have which I pulled from an old Dell thin client box. It has the same specs (19 VDC, 3.42 A) and plug as the original Asus adapter and exhibits none of the jumpy pointer issues other 3rd party power supplies do.

Dell P/N 59826 OEM power supply made by APD for the Wsye 7010 thin client box

Here's a link to one on Amazon for $25: https://www.amazon.com/APD-Wyse-7010-Power-Adapter/dp/B07JFNBKWT

Or search ebay for "APD 59826" and find several for $8-$12 shipped, which is as cheap as the lower quality ones that don't work.

:)

mdavej, Apr 12, 2019

2. Mouse pointer and cursor will not sync on laptop

My mouse and cursor will not sync on my Dell laptop making the computer impossible to use efficiently! The touchpad works, but the pointer goes all over the place and does not sync with the cursor! Computer is running very slow, especially WORD!

Rebecca4cu, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Mr.Seanie Win User
    Windows 10, ASUS laptop, cursor keeps jumping around

If it's an Asus laptop, and you have Smart Gesture, click the Smart Gesture icon in your system tray (bottom right).

A config panel will open, and in there the middle tab called "Mouse Detection" will have a radio option to "Disable touchpad when mouse is plugged in". Select it. Click "Apply".

Your mouse cursor will no longer jump around, nor will it move when you try to press the left or right click buttons on the touchpad. I have zero explanation for why this works because I don't have a mouse connected to the laptop, but with this setting disabled
    (not selected) my mouse cursor is jiggly and with it enabled (selected) it remains fixed.

Mr.Seanie, Apr 12, 2019
  4. ShivamK Win User

mouse pointer jumps automatically

I recently bought new laptop from HP with Windows 10 Preinstalled. I noticed that while using touchpad, sometimes the mouse pointer jumps and goes to another place than the place earlier it was. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, troubleshooted
    the problem, restarted my laptop but nothing works. it doesn't seems a hardware/touchpad problem to me , as such cases were also noticed while using a wired mouse with laptop.

is there any other way to solve this ?

ShivamK, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Asus laptop touchpad cursor / mouse pointer jumps - SOLUTION! - Similar Threads - Asus laptop touchpad

2. Mouse cursor jumping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor jumping: I have a new mouse. but the problem is its cursor on the screen is erratic. What should i Do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-jumping/e00d5256-5ae7-4d78-8ef4-3ddb30b9c9a3
  3. Mouse cursor jumping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor jumping: I have a new mouse. but the problem is its cursor on the screen is erratic. What should i Do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-jumping/e00d5256-5ae7-4d78-8ef4-3ddb30b9c9a3
  4. Mouse cursor jumping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. touchpad jumping cursor

touchpad jumping cursor: I used my touchpad in my Lenovo laptop and whenever I hover it either on what any page open it will jump on place to another. Something like someone is also controlling it. I have anti virus program so I doubt it is a virus. Also, I tried to use Bluetooth mouse to see if...
  6. touchpad jumping cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad jumping cursor: I used my touchpad in my Lenovo laptop and whenever I hover it either on what any page open it will jump on place to another. Something like someone is also controlling it. I have anti virus program so I doubt it is a virus. Also, I tried to use Bluetooth mouse to see if...
  7. touchpad jumping cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Mouse pointer jumps to the text cursor or a random location

Mouse pointer jumps to the text cursor or a random location: Mouse cursor/pointer jumps abruptly from current/last position to the position where the text insertion cursor is on the screen. At times it even jumps to some random location on screen, either at bottom or left top corner. This issue has been observed almost across all...
  9. Jumping mouse cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Jumping mouse cursor: Mouse cursor keeps jumping out of control. I've uninstalled it there were 3 listed under the mouse device and then updated the device driver. Didn't fix it. What do I do?...
  10. Mouse pointer and cursor will not sync on laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer and cursor will not sync on laptop: My mouse and cursor will not sync on my Dell laptop making the computer impossible to use efficiently! The touchpad works, but the pointer goes all over the place and does not sync with the cursor! Computer is running very slow, especially WORD!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus touch pad not working pointer not showing a

2. asus touchpad jumping all over

3. asus a550 mouse not pointing jumping

4. asus zenbook trackpad jumps,
  5. asus notebook cursor jumps,
  6. i lost my cursor in my lap top asus touch pad,
  7. cursor asus instabiel,
  8. asus touch pad jumps,
  9. asus vivobook 17 lost mouse pointer,
  10. i have a new Asus and the cursor refuses to work when replying to messages?,
  11. asus laptop touchpad jumping,
  12. asus touchpad jumping,
  13. asus a555l touchpad jumping,
  14. cursor not working on asus laptop,
  15. cursor not visible on asus laptop