Windows 10: Asus Laptop Wakes Immediately After Sleeping

Discus and support Asus Laptop Wakes Immediately After Sleeping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I don't think the laptop was always like this though it's barely been a week with it, but recently, when putting the laptop to sleep, it immediately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BenjiZhang, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Asus Laptop Wakes Immediately After Sleeping

I don't think the laptop was always like this though it's barely been a week with it, but recently, when putting the laptop to sleep, it immediately wakes up, almost as if it never went to sleep at all like hitting win+L, except the screen turns off for a little bit. I've done quite a bit of googling to try and find solutions, but no dice so far. Here's everything I've done/everything I know:Event viewer records both the sleep and wake events. The sleep event looks normal "sleep button pressed" or something along those lines, but the wake event is strange woken due to "reason: mouse inp

:)

BenjiZhang, Oct 26, 2021
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Asus Laptop Wakes Immediately After Sleeping [​IMG]

Chadi, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Windows 10 - Wakes immediately from sleep.

Hello t4ord,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sleep mode saves the state of all open applications to memory, then powers down both the display panel and hard disk drive. However, if it often wakes up from Sleep mode, you need to change the Sleep settings under Power &
    sleep. You can also refer this link regarding shutdown, sleep,
    or hibernate your PC.

If that doesn’t help, kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: Restore default settings of power plan.

Let’s restore the power settings to its default and check if it makes any difference. To do that,

• Go to Control Panel and select Power Options.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option Restore default settings for this plan.

Method 2: I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article and see if it helps.

Let us know the results. Will be glad to assist you further, if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Asus Laptop Wakes Immediately After Sleeping

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Asus Laptop Wakes Immediately After Sleeping

1. Asus Laptop Wakes Immediately After Sleeping - Similar Threads - Asus Laptop Wakes

2. Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep: I've been enjoying my laptop doing as the title of this post says. I can put it to sleep or it will go to sleep on its own. In a few minutes, the screen will flash on then it will go back to sleep again. I've gone through the Network Adapters / Keyboard / Mouse and unchecked...
  3. Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep: I've been enjoying my laptop doing as the title of this post says. I can put it to sleep or it will go to sleep on its own. In a few minutes, the screen will flash on then it will go back to sleep again. I've gone through the Network Adapters / Keyboard / Mouse and unchecked...
  4. Asus Laptop Wakes Immediately After Sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Laptop Wakes Immediately After Sleeping: I don't think the laptop was always like this though it's barely been a week with it, but recently, when putting the laptop to sleep, it immediately wakes up, almost as if it never went to sleep at all like hitting win+L, except the screen turns off for a little bit. I've...
  5. Asus Laptop Wakes Immediately After Sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Laptop Wakes Immediately After Sleeping: I don't think the laptop was always like this though it's barely been a week with it, but recently, when putting the laptop to sleep, it immediately wakes up, almost as if it never went to sleep at all like hitting win+L, except the screen turns off for a little bit. I've...
  6. Can't Put Asus Laptop to Sleep - Immediately wakes up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Put Asus Laptop to Sleep - Immediately wakes up: I've got an Asus ROG laptop with an R7 5800H and 3060 mobile. I can't seem to be able to put the device into sleep mode regardless of sleep being manually triggered, and auto sleep at 10 minutes. When I attempt to put it to sleep, the screen just wakes up a few seconds later....
  7. Displays wakes immediately after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Displays wakes immediately after sleep: I have a 15 minute timer for display sleep and a 30 minute timer for the PC. And started a day or 2 ago, my displays will wake up immediately after they go to sleep on the time out. If I set the display sleep to never, the PC will go into sleep on the 30 minute time out...
  8. Windows wakes immediately after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows wakes immediately after sleep: [IMG] So I've already tried disabling wake timers and changing power settings but my pc still wakes up immediately after going to sleep. I've also tried a registry fix but that doesn't help either. Windows seems to be woken up by the following:...
  9. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep: The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan. I'm "assuming" this is related to...
  10. BSOD immediately after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD immediately after waking from sleep: Hi All. I'm getting a blue screen advising "ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY" a couple of seconds after my computer wakes from sleep mode. It's not sporadic as it happens every time. I've downloaded the log collector and attached the ZIP file to this post. First time...