Windows 10: Asus laptop will not detect an older Dell monitor connected to HDMI port

Discus and support Asus laptop will not detect an older Dell monitor connected to HDMI port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an older Dell Monitor connected to an Asus TP550LA laptop and it's not detecting the external display.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoanneB8, Apr 28, 2020.

1. JoanneB8 Win User

Asus laptop will not detect an older Dell monitor connected to HDMI port

I have an older Dell Monitor connected to an Asus TP550LA laptop and it's not detecting the external display.

:)

JoanneB8, Apr 28, 2020

2. Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 Windows 10 laptop HDMI port can not detect my monitors

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in1 laptop three months ago. Today the HDMI port can no longer detect my external monitor.

herma48852, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Swap display port and HDMI port ourputs on Windows 10, Dell XPS 8920

Just purchased a new Dell XPS 8920 with Windows 10 that has both a Display port and HDMI port. My new monitor has the HDMI port and my older smaller monitor uses the computers Display port with a conversion cable to DVI on the monitor. How can I swap
    monitor 1 (older) with monitor 2 (newer)? Windows lets me move the screens right and left but not swap primary #1 and secondary #2. Thanks for any suggestions; Capt. Brigg

BriggFranklin, Apr 28, 2020
  4. areriff Win User

Windows cannot detect monitor resolution. No EDID detected

I bought LG 23MP67HQ as my second monitor because it has HDMI input.
    Tested OK and well at the shop.
    It has two display input, VGA and HDMI.
    My first monitor has VGA and DVI port.
    My graphics card is ASUS STRIX GTX960. Which has three display ports, One HDMI and one DVI.

The problem is windows couldn't detect the correct EDID thus using non-native display (1024x768) when connected using HDMI. Correct EDID were detected only when using display with VGA connector.

So, I begin troubleshooting.
    1. Changing the HDMI cable ... same problem.
    2. Connecting using my laptop (MacBook Air) ... same problem (and flickers).
    3. Checking my laptop and PC by connecting it to the TV using HDMI ... no problem, works fine.
    4. Connecting to the monitor using HDMI as the only monitor to my PC ... same problem.
    5. Connecting to the monitor using VGA as the only monitor to my PC ... no problem, works fine.
    6. Connecting to the monitor using VGA as the second monitor to my laptop... no problem, works fine.
    7. Go to the shop and tested the display using HDMI ... no problem, works fine. (WTF)

So, what is the problem?

areriff, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Asus laptop will not detect an older Dell monitor connected to HDMI port - Similar Threads - Asus laptop detect

2. Laptop cannot detect HDMI connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cannot detect HDMI connection: Hello,I'm at my wits end here. I often connect my laptop to a TV or another monitor with an HDMI cable. I use an HDMI to USB-C connector. This has worked fine since I got this laptop last June.My device details: Lenovo Yoga 9i, Windows 11.A few days ago, however, the laptop...
  3. Laptop cannot detect HDMI connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cannot detect HDMI connection: Hello,I'm at my wits end here. I often connect my laptop to a TV or another monitor with an HDMI cable. I use an HDMI to USB-C connector. This has worked fine since I got this laptop last June.My device details: Lenovo Yoga 9i, Windows 11.A few days ago, however, the laptop...
  4. Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...: Recently bought two new monitors msi g242 144hz monitors. Hdmi connects to the monitor and turns on but whenb i connect my second display it doesnt even detect it and i know its not hardware issue cause its a brand new cable new monitor i even tested the second monitor on...
  5. Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...

Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...: Recently bought two new monitors msi g242 144hz monitors. Hdmi connects to the monitor and turns on but whenb i connect my second display it doesnt even detect it and i know its not hardware issue cause its a brand new cable new monitor i even tested the second monitor on...
  6. HDMI not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI not detecting monitor: Hi,I am WFH at the moment and have been using my laptop and Dell monitor for a dual screen, it was working fine first thing this morning but Windows then did some form of update and now the monitor is not being detected through the HDMI cable, I tried this with another cable...
  7. HDMI not detecting monitor

HDMI not detecting monitor: Hi,I am WFH at the moment and have been using my laptop and Dell monitor for a dual screen, it was working fine first thing this morning but Windows then did some form of update and now the monitor is not being detected through the HDMI cable, I tried this with another cable...
  8. External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal: Hi All,I purchased a Acer Predator Triton 500 model PT515-52 laptop, with an RTX 2070S with Max Q, running Windows 10. I have a Samsung external monitor that I have been using with my other laptop, which is an ASUS Zenbook. As soon as I plug in this laptop, the external...
  9. adding older acer monitor to dell laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    adding older acer monitor to dell laptop: I wanted to connect an external monitor to my laptop. Windows is not detecting it. What next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-older-acer-monitor-to-dell-laptop/b0221ab7-8ebe-4964-a2c1-eb113dcbfbc6
  10. dell latitude e7240 not detecting external monitor through hdmi

in Windows 10 Customization
    dell latitude e7240 not detecting external monitor through hdmi: dell latitude e7240 not detecting external monitor through hdmi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/dell-latitude-e7240-not-detecting-external-monitor/279c0c38-8e85-454a-aa29-b40d73bfb443