Windows 10: ASUS laptop without battery hangs on bios screen after restart

Discus and support ASUS laptop without battery hangs on bios screen after restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have just clean formatted an ASUS laptop that it doesn't have any battery inserted. It's just using the power cord. Sometimes when I restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eLPuSHeR, Jan 24, 2020.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

ASUS laptop without battery hangs on bios screen after restart

Hello.

I have just clean formatted an ASUS laptop that it doesn't have any battery inserted. It's just using the power cord. Sometimes when I restart w10 (1909 18363.592) BIOS doesn't come up. Power light LED is on but POST doesn't proceed. I have to brute force powering it off to resume.

Hibernation is disabled (powercfg -h off).
    Fast boot is enabled in UEFI BIOS.
    System is installed in UEFI mode (GPT partitioning scheme).

I will try disabling fast boot in BIOS to see if I see a difference.
    I will post more details when I gather them (BIOS version etc).

Any ideas?

:)

eLPuSHeR, Jan 24, 2020

2. Asus Battery Problems

Try resetting your BIOS defaults:

Step 1

Turn the laptop on. If it is already on, click "Start," click the right arrow next to "Shut Down" and select "Restart."

Step 2

Press the "F2" key on your keyboard repeatedly when the "Asus" logo appears on the computer screen. Continue pressing "F2" until the BIOS setup screen appears. The BIOS screen will either be a gray screen with blue text or a blue screen with yellow text (depending
    on your particular computer).

Step 3

Press the "F5" key on your keyboard to load the optimized default settings, if the BIOS screen is gray with blue text. Alternatively, press the "F7" key to load the optimized default settings, if the BIOS screen is blue with yellow text.

Step 4

Press the "F10" key on your keyboard to save the changes and exit the BIOS configuration utility.

Step 5

Press the "Y" key then press "Enter" to confirm the changes and restart the computer.

Next, boot to the Windows desktop

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Batteries

Right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System.

Choose Update Driver Software.

Make sure you are connected to the Internet, the check for updates.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 24, 2020
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. ASUS laptop without battery hangs on bios screen after restart - Similar Threads - ASUS laptop without

2. screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?: hi,I have an OLED ASUS laptop. ASUS recommends turn on the screen saver to protect the screen from burn in. Windows recommend to turn off screen saver to save battery/power. I have searched and turning on screen saver is not good for the battery. Turn screen savor on or off?...
  3. screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?: hi,I have an OLED ASUS laptop. ASUS recommends turn on the screen saver to protect the screen from burn in. Windows recommend to turn off screen saver to save battery/power. I have searched and turning on screen saver is not good for the battery. Turn screen savor on or off?...
  4. ASUS restarted without error code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS restarted without error code: Hi, My ASUS running Windows 10 Home edition restart out of the blue, happened intermittently, started 5 April 2021. No error code, it just restarted by itself while running. Anyone can help to check my dump file please?...
  5. Cannot access BIOS on Asus Laptop without new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot access BIOS on Asus Laptop without new SSD: I replaced the SSD on my Asus Vivobook with the intent of installing Windows 10 from the usb. But when I power on, the computer does not try to boot from the usb, and I also cannot access the BIOS or boot menu in accordance with manual instructions: f2 during POST. I tried...
  6. Crashing and Hang at Bios Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Crashing and Hang at Bios Screen: I have constant issues with the PC 'not responding' which forces me to use the hard reset power button. However, when I do this, it hangs at the BIOS for 15 minutes until I hear a click (similar to when hard drive wakes up) and then boots normally. The BIOS screen does not...
  7. Laptop hangs during restart after cumulative update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop hangs during restart after cumulative update: Today I Clean Installed version 1809. After that under Windows update I received a cumulative update alongwith other updates. It required restart. While restating it hangs, "getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer". What to do? 122341
  8. Laptop hangs during restart after cumulative update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop hangs during restart after cumulative update: Today I Clean Installed version 1809. After that under Windows update I received a cumulative update alongwith other updates. It required restart. While restating it hangs, "getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer". What to do? 122341
  9. Asus laptop restarts from sleep when on battery

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus laptop restarts from sleep when on battery: Issue started recently, when I have my laptop unplugged and I try to start it up from sleep the screen stays black for about 30 seconds before the system restarts by itself. If it stays plugged in it doesn't do this, but since that defeats the purpose of a portable computer I...
  10. Stuck on BIOS Screen After Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on BIOS Screen After Restart: Hello, this is my first post here, and I have come to you all for help. I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite C55-A laptop using the "Reset" option in settings. The reinstall went great and the OS performed very well, until I restarted it to install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update bios asus without battery

2. asus laptop run without battery