Windows 10: Asus laptop won’t boot Windows 10

Discus and support Asus laptop won’t boot Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While using microsoft word, i recieved a blue screen and an error that reads “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart”. I let it go through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mggh14, Sep 6, 2018.

1. mggh14 Win User

Asus laptop won’t boot Windows 10

While using microsoft word, i recieved a blue screen and an error that reads “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart”. I let it go through the process, then it showed the asus start screen and nothing. The laptop screen is backlit, and holding the F2 key brings up some options, but nothing that helps me load windows 10. I also tried taking out the battery and unlugging the AC adapter for a few minutes.

:)

mggh14, Sep 6, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Asus laptop won’t boot Windows 10

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Asus laptop won’t boot Windows 10

1. Asus laptop won’t boot Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Asus laptop won’t

2. Windows 10 won’t boot and won’t reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won’t boot and won’t reinstall: Tricky question for anyone looking to earn some eternal gratitude today. My computer wont boot or reinstall windows 10 from usb. Had an error come up saying “repairing D: drive” on booting, stuck on that screen for hours and couldn’t get that to work. Tried various things but...
  3. Windows 10 won’t boot and won’t reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won’t boot and won’t reinstall: Tricky question for anyone looking to earn some eternal gratitude today. My computer wont boot or reinstall windows 10 from usb. Had an error come up saying “repairing D: drive” on booting, stuck on that screen for hours and couldn’t get that to work. Tried various things but...
  4. Windows 10 won’t boot and won’t reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop Won’t Boot Up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Won’t Boot Up?: Hi, I’ve tried several times to reboot my laptop but it doesn’t want to start windows and keeps showing a maintenance window option, only to repeat itself. What’s wrong with it?...
  6. Laptop Won’t Boot Up?

Laptop Won’t Boot Up?: Hi, I’ve tried several times to reboot my laptop but it doesn’t want to start windows and keeps showing a maintenance window option, only to repeat itself. What’s wrong with it?...
  7. HP laptop won’t boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop won’t boot: I got an HP laptop last year and was using it for school and some light gaming and all of a sudden it just wouldn’t boot, So I started it up and went to try to reset it in system recovery and I got a blue screen with the stop code driver pnp watchdog. Does anyone know how to...
  8. HP laptop won’t boot

HP laptop won’t boot: I got an HP laptop last year and was using it for school and some light gaming and all of a sudden it just wouldn’t boot, So I started it up and went to try to reset it in system recovery and I got a blue screen with the stop code driver pnp watchdog. Does anyone know how to...
  9. Laptop won’t boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won’t boot: Hey there! I’ve had this asus laptop since 2018. I was restarting it last night when this screen appeared. I’ve had windows PCs since 1995 and have never seen this screen before. after it finished, the laptop turned off and now its bot booting. Please help![ATTACH]...
  10. ASUS Laptop Will Not Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS Laptop Will Not Boot: I have an older ASUS laptop I inherited from a family member. I performed a reset on the computer and now it will not boot properly. When I start the system, it goes into a setup process via Cortana. It cycles through the location, timezone and keyboard routines sometimes*...