Windows 10: ASUS loosing wi-fi signal

Discus and support ASUS loosing wi-fi signal in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; two years ago i bought an ASUS X541U; after a couple of weeks it started to loose the wifi signal, so i took it back and they replace it with another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FilippoConti1, Dec 5, 2018.

1. ASUS loosing wi-fi signal

two years ago i bought an ASUS X541U; after a couple of weeks it started to loose the wifi signal, so i took it back and they replace it with another one (same model).. Same issue started after 3-4 weeks; i tried to contact ASUS and they gave me few options to try like to do a power discharge, to reset BIOS, to refresh the IP config, to disabling/enabling the network adapter, and to update the drivers. Nothing changed, so I decided to take it back again and they replace it with a new one: ASUS same model.

For the first 2-3 months everything seemed ok, but then all the issues started again. There is no specific pattern that triggers it; i mean, sometimes it stays 2-3 weeks without nothing happens, while other times it happens 5-10 times a day.

I need the laptop for work, so i never had the chance to send it back to be checked by ASUS, but now i am at the point where i need it to be fixed.

messages that come out are:

- the default gateway is not available

- impossible to detect automatically the setting of the network proxy

- problem with wireless adapter or access point

- the realtek 8821AE wireless lan 802.11ac PCI-E NIC adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems.

troubleshooting sometimes solves the problem but only temporarly, otherwise i have to either restart it or do a power discharge and sometimes it starts to work again after 7-8 times i do it,

I updated everything, also the realtek but lately this issue comes every day, several times a day.

Anyone can suggest something?

thanks

Filippo

:)

FilippoConti1, Dec 5, 2018
  2. jonian61 Win User

wi-fi signal is weak

original title: Wi-Fi

my wi-fi signal is very weak with 3 users on my virgin super hub

jonian61, Dec 5, 2018
  3. tigger Win User
    asus p5b deluxe wi-fi or not?

is the asus p5b deluxe as good as the deluxe wi-fi?

i dont need the wi-fi at all so will the deluxe oc as good as the wi-fi ver?.

thx guys.i'm ordering tonite so i need a quick debate.

well i have just bought a asus p5b deluxe(not wi-fi).i hope it will be ok.

tigger, Dec 5, 2018
  4. ASUS loosing wi-fi signal

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

ASUS loosing wi-fi signal

1. ASUS loosing wi-fi signal - Similar Threads - ASUS loosing signal

2. wi-fi wi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wi-fi wi: I just want to use the wi-fi on my second computer without a cable. my computer uses windows 10 and it keep saying fix the cable! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-wi/fabd5a5d-b3b2-4ae1-8f34-3c5b98d4e10f
  3. Windows keep s "loosing" Wi-Fi network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keep s "loosing" Wi-Fi network: So almost every time I boot, the wireless network COMPLETELY disappears. Windows has literally no option for wireless. It seems to be that for some reason the system can't start the driver/hardware on boot. This happened after installing a new TP link AX3000 Wi-fi card....
  4. Asus Tuf Gaming F15 Wi-fi problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Tuf Gaming F15 Wi-fi problem: Hello there, My Wi-Fi adapter has gone completely crazy and do not know what's going on.I'm using the Asus Tuf Gaming F15 Laptop and the intel Wi-Fi 6 ax201 160mhz, I use it for graphic design work and gaming which everything fine until the Wi-Fi disconnect and the icon...
  5. Wireless wi fi signal strength low

Wireless wi fi signal strength low: Recently my wireless wi fi signal has got low in basement for some reason. Have the lowest end router and after contacting cox cable they said i had to many devices on wireless 2-3 they say good, i had 5, but removed 2 of them. Problem started after a rou tv was added, but it...
  6. WI-FI signal low qulity on laptop

WI-FI signal low qulity on laptop: I have Lenovo Windows 10 laptop. Two weeks ago I started having problems with my Wi-Fi connection – the signal quality on my laptop is very low. It's ok when it's connected to my home Wi-Fi network and close to router, but if I move the laptop just 1 meter from the router,...
  7. Win 10 Laptop Looses Wi-Fi on restart / reboot

Win 10 Laptop Looses Wi-Fi on restart / reboot: Windows 10 laptop will not accept or even recognize a Wi-Fi wireless network 90% of its startups. The laptop is as follows: HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GH 2.40 GHz System Type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor RAM: 12.0...
  8. Low Wi-Fi signal strength on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Low Wi-Fi signal strength on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Do you face low Wi-Fi signal strength on your Windows computer after an update or re-installation? This post talks about a few methods to fix this issue and overcome low signal strength on your computer. With our cognitive revolution, the [...] This post Low Wi-Fi...
  9. Repeater for getting Wi Fi signal into all-metal outbuilding?

Repeater for getting Wi Fi signal into all-metal outbuilding?: My all-metal (no windows) studio outbuilding blocks my existing Wi Fi signal completely. It is 100 feet from my router. I need a weatherproof repeater setup where where I can mount a receiver on the exterior of the metal building and get the repeater signal through the...
  10. Wi-fi, audio, USB not working on Asus X202E

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-fi, audio, USB not working on Asus X202E: Hi, it's my first time posting here but I've read and learned a lot from this forum, so thank you all very much in advance! I'm trying to repair a friend's Asus X202E notebook. It worked normally until it got stuck in the blue screen during startup, and wouldn't complete...