Windows 10: Asus M3A76-CM memory upgrade problem

Discus and support Asus M3A76-CM memory upgrade problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to upgrade the memory on this old motherboard for my wife.Manual says it can take 4 ddr2 dimms, up to 2gb each. The processor is an AMD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by handyguy, Jan 27, 2021.

1. handyguy Win User

Asus M3A76-CM memory upgrade problem

Hi,
    I am trying to upgrade the memory on this old motherboard for my wife.Manual says it can take 4 ddr2 dimms, up to 2gb each. The processor is an AMD Athlon II X2 250 running windows10 (so all 64bit capable) the bios is 2101 (the latest.)
    I installed a new(old) pair of matched 2x2gb dimms into the first two slots (1+2, should work as 2 channel,) but the bios shows only 2gb available (as does a boot into windows). All the memory bios settings are on automatic.
    Each stick installed alone works fine as 2gb dimm. Tried the other slots (1+3, 3+4) and system would not post.
    The dimms are labelled 2gb 2rx8 pc2-6400u-666-12-e0 ddr2 800 cl6 branded HP.
    The previous memory was 2x1gb sticks (and bios showed 2gb).
    Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

:)

handyguy, Jan 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 Start menu not working even after several fresh installs.

No Go. Still same problem after running about 5 minutes. Could this be related to my computer. It is a 64bit Asus M3A76-CM motherboard running a dual core Athlon II X2-240 processor, 8MB Memory and an AMD Radeon HD6670 video card.

DonaldSaundersJr, Jan 27, 2021
  3. handyguy Win User
    upgrade problems from win7 to win10

Removing the SRP and booting with a single drive has allowed a successful Windows 10 upgrade on this old pc.

- - - Updated - - -

So just to confirm, Windows10 upgrades from windows 7 (at no charge, using existing 7 license) on a very old custom pc with an AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.00ghz 32 bit and Asus m3a76-cm motherboard with 2gb ram. No problems, other than the update errors resolved with BCD (moving, deleting system reserved partition) and off-lining 2nd drive during upgrade.
    Running fine, no errors all drivers working (audio, kvm, usb, printer).

handyguy, Jan 27, 2021
  4. handyguy Win User

upgrade problems from win7 to win10

It's an older cobbled together pc, no brand name. Has only the processor and mb (an asus m3a76-cm) and 2gb ram.
    Yes, it's possible it cannot run 10, but i can't find the compatibility tool from MS anymore to check it.
    Is it around somewhere?
    Don't want to run win7 without patches, will upgrade pc if necessary.
    There is plenty of room on the drives, and the 2nd drive is a cloned backup, both currently booting ok.
    Thanks.

handyguy, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Asus M3A76-CM memory upgrade problem - Similar Threads - Asus M3A76 memory

2. Problem upgrading to Win 11 with my ASUS ZenBook 13

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem upgrading to Win 11 with my ASUS ZenBook 13: The problem i 0xc1900101Ive restarted it a lot of times, ive tryed to download to a usb drive and do the install from it. Nothing works. The computer is up to date. no antiwirus..What do i do? im getting tired of this......
  3. Problem upgrading to Win 11 with my ASUS ZenBook 13

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem upgrading to Win 11 with my ASUS ZenBook 13: The problem i 0xc1900101Ive restarted it a lot of times, ive tryed to download to a usb drive and do the install from it. Nothing works. The computer is up to date. no antiwirus..What do i do? im getting tired of this......
  4. Memory Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Problem: My PC kept blue-screening with the message "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT", so I ran the Memory Diagnostic Tool. However, I'm not sure what do to with it. I have attached the result of the test from event viewer. Any help would be appreciated!Result...
  5. Memory, BSOD, IRQL Asus Rog

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory, BSOD, IRQL Asus Rog: Hello there, I am having some issues lately with my laptop, they started mostly after i clean installed windows 10 20h2 update, but i am not sure its the reason. Anyhow, It so happens that the google chrome started giving an error that memory is low and chrome stopped...
  6. printer margins in inches not cm

in Browsers and Email
    printer margins in inches not cm: just recently installed Windows 10 v2004 preview. but both Chrome and Firefox browsers are showing printer margin settings in inches not cm. Print preview in chrome shows margins in inches yet the page is set to A4. I've check me Dell 3330dn laser printer settings and default...
  7. printer margins in inches not cm

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer margins in inches not cm: just recently installed Windows 10 v2004 preview. but both Chrome and Firefox browsers are showing printer margin settings in inches not cm. Print preview in chrome shows margins in inches yet the page is set to A4. I've check me Dell 3330dn laser printer settings and default...
  8. Memory Upgrade for Asus G11CD-K Desktop

Memory Upgrade for Asus G11CD-K Desktop: Hi All Planning on purchasing 16gb of memory for my birthday later in February, a few questions do i have to buy the ram that says for Intel 100/200 Chipset? Current ram is DDR4 2400mhz, with timings of 17-17-17-35. Unsure what motherboard fully supports though in...
  9. upgrading memory

upgrading memory: Good Day All Just curious if it is possible to upgrade the memory on my laptop on this Satellite S55-C5360 8GB DDR3L 1600MHz (not user upgradeable) the part i want to upgrade is the qty 8 to 16 plus the MHz it say's 1600MHz but can this part be raised ? and would...
  10. Upgraded Asus Laptop A53Z DVD drive problems

Upgraded Asus Laptop A53Z DVD drive problems: Hi, I have just upgraded my Asus A53Z to Win 10. most things have gone ok, with he exception of the Matshita DVD-Ram UJ8BO disc drive. It is no longer operational, cannot find it in the device manager or anywhere else, tried the following fixes form Microsoft...