Windows 10: ASUS Maximum XII can't boot to boot drive after Macrium restore

Discus and support ASUS Maximum XII can't boot to boot drive after Macrium restore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Relatively new computer: ASUS Maximum XII; i910900k; Sabrent Rocket boot NVMe. Windows 10 Professional all updates. My Windows system, even with all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboris, May 29, 2021.

1. rboris Win User

ASUS Maximum XII can't boot to boot drive after Macrium restore

Relatively new computer: ASUS Maximum XII; i910900k; Sabrent Rocket boot NVMe. Windows 10 Professional all updates. My Windows system, even with all anti-virus safeguards plus Malwarebytes, was hit with a virus. And the machine has acted flaky since (even though I removed the virus). As usual I have regularly backed up my machine with Macrium. I reset the machine with an image that pre-dated the virus. Thank you Macrium!! To do that I had to enter the UEFI bios and reset some parameters such as secure boot to Other OS etc. (following an Asus advisory). Problem began when I tried to reset the machine back to its previous state from the bios (Back to Windows from secure boot; turn CSM off; back to Sabrent as boot drive). BUT NO GO. No matter what I do, I am not booting to the Sabrent; the machine boots to the pre-bios choices and I have to press F! to enter the bios. Once in the bios I have to manually type the Sabrent under boot override settings. Then it boots. So clearly Macrium did its job; the Sabrent is intact with the new image and I can manually boot to there. But not automatically. Please help!! Thank you.

:)

rboris, May 29, 2021
  2. Jerry8AB Win User

Macrium Boot Question

Macrium Boot Question

I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from.

What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as being first to boot from?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry8AB, May 29, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

ASUS Maximum XII can't boot to boot drive after Macrium restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 29, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Can't boot from DVD drive

Is your controller in RAID/AHCI modes? If so, the DVD drive will be listed as a separate device in the list of available boot devices, not as "CDROM". Remember that when setting boot device priority. Otherwise, read the manual to see which hotkey during POST brings up the boot menu that lets you select which device to boot from. Even here, the drive will be listed separately, and not as "CDROM".

btarunr, May 29, 2021
Thema:

1. ASUS Maximum XII can't boot to boot drive after Macrium restore - Similar Threads - ASUS Maximum XII

2. Macrium cloned / restored images to ANOTHER drive will not boot? MBR

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium cloned / restored images to ANOTHER drive will not boot? MBR: I hope some of you might be able to shed some light on boot issues I'm experiencing with my cloned boot images. A little background I currently boot from an SSD which is in MBR format; booting from a UEFI compatible motherboard. I also have a second SSD which is may DATA...
  3. Boot Loop results after attempt to boot Macrium on USB thumb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Loop results after attempt to boot Macrium on USB thumb drive: I downloaded the free Macrium Reflect and with it, on my Win 7 created a USB UEFI bootable media for Windows 10 using the WinPE v10 environment downloaded from MSoft. I started with this in order to support my wife's new Dell Inspiron Win 10 computer. I was set to create my...
  4. endless booting and now can't restore macrium

endless booting and now can't restore macrium: Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help. Problems started a few days ago with occasional 'page fault in non paged area - iastorav.sys'. It got worse before I could look at it. It moved to forever looping on boot to ' performing automatic repair' and never boots to windows 10...
  5. endless booting and now can't restore macrium

in Windows 10 Support
    endless booting and now can't restore macrium: Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help. Problems started a few days ago with occasional 'page fault in non paged area - iastorav.sys'. It got worse before I could look at it. It moved to forever looping on boot to ' performing automatic repair' and never boots to windows 10...
  6. Boot problem after installing Macrium

Boot problem after installing Macrium: I installed the current version of Macrium free today. I ran the rescue media creator and set a Windows boot menu. I also made a boot dvd. Then made an image and verified. I rebooted and got the boot error for an external drive. I opened the bios, exited without changes and...
  7. Boot into Macrium?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot into Macrium?: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I can have complete backup images of my new desktop. I noticed that upon reboot I'm offered a dual-boot: Windows, as expected. And Macrium as an alternate. So what happens if I choose Macrium? 89137
  8. Restored Macrium Reflect 6.3 image will not boot 'boot disk not found'

Restored Macrium Reflect 6.3 image will not boot 'boot disk not found': Windows 10 Pro, Toshiba Satellite upgraded from OEM Win 8. Created system image w/ Macrium and restored it to a new second HD(HD2). Both drives had a lot of partitions due to Win 8 upgraded to Win 8.1 and back to Win 8 prior to upgrade to Win 10. The laptop will have either...
  9. Will not boot after restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will not boot after restore: Hi all,,,I hope someone can help here please. I did a system restore and something must have got mucked up because I cannot now boot, what happens now is it gets to the screen where I enter my 4 letter pin but it also asks for a domain name and password. My drive has been...
  10. Boot Macrium from other drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Macrium from other drive: I followed this tutorial to add Macrium to another HDD on one of my PCs and it worked fine: FYI: Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an Internal/External USB HD/SSD But when I tried to do the same thing to two other PCs they would not boot to the Macrium partition. No error...