Windows 10: ASUS Maximus VIII GENE Motherboard, Core i5 CPU Lights up, No Power Up

Discus and support ASUS Maximus VIII GENE Motherboard, Core i5 CPU Lights up, No Power Up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A friend of mine asked me to install Win10 on his son's computer.. It was a new MB that he had just installed into a new gamer case... Motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michale32086, May 20, 2020.

1. ASUS Maximus VIII GENE Motherboard, Core i5 CPU Lights up, No Power Up

A friend of mine asked me to install Win10 on his son's computer..

It was a new MB that he had just installed into a new gamer case...

Motherboard won't boot up.. The board LEDs and buttons light up, but there is no power up. Fans don't come on... Nothing..

I suspect one of two things..

A non compatible CPU or a short when the son put a mounting stud where there was no hole in the MB...

Pictures of the MB, the CPU and where the board may have been shorted...

I have tried resetting the CMOS, total power shutdown (pull the CMOS Battery, etc etc..) with no luck...

Am I looking at a toasted MB???

Thanx for any assistance...

:)

Michale32086, May 20, 2020
  2. Polo6RGTI Win User

Asus Z370 Maximus X Motherboards

The 9th gen processors that are currently available is still the P0 stepping and will eventually be replaced with the new R0 stepping processors.

Here are the screenshots I took from Gigabyte's website

ASUS Maximus VIII GENE Motherboard, Core i5 CPU Lights up, No Power Up [​IMG]

Gigabyte redacted the new R0 processors from the list a day later.

ASUS Maximus VIII GENE Motherboard, Core i5 CPU Lights up, No Power Up [​IMG]

Polo6RGTI, May 20, 2020
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Cliff S, May 20, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

ASUS Maximus VIII GENE Motherboard, Core i5 CPU Lights up, No Power Up

OldMike65, May 20, 2020
Thema:

ASUS Maximus VIII GENE Motherboard, Core i5 CPU Lights up, No Power Up

1. ASUS Maximus VIII GENE Motherboard, Core i5 CPU Lights up, No Power Up - Similar Threads - ASUS Maximus VIII

2. CPU is not working IntelR Core i5-7200U CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU is not working IntelR Core i5-7200U CPU: IntelR Core i5-7200U CPU cannot update to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-is-not-working-intelr-core-i5-7200u-cpu/b428f4b9-abc2-4a1f-937d-1bee78f03c26
  3. CPU is not working IntelR Core i5-7200U CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU is not working IntelR Core i5-7200U CPU: IntelR Core i5-7200U CPU cannot update to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-is-not-working-intelr-core-i5-7200u-cpu/b428f4b9-abc2-4a1f-937d-1bee78f03c26
  4. Is there a way to make the power button not light up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make the power button not light up?: I enjoy sleeping, and I enjoy having my computer at my desk in my room. Sometimes I need to have my computer running overnight, to download stuff. But the power button makes it hard to sleep. It’s distracting because I’m not used to having any lights. Is there a way to make...
  5. Asus Crosshair VIII drivers Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Crosshair VIII drivers Question: Hi, Just installed a fresh windows and I'm a bit lost on which drivers must be installed. Especially when it comes to the Amd chipset driver and Realtek Audio Drivers. It's the second time I must reset windows on this new build due to problem and conflict. I don't want to...
  6. ASUS Z370 ROG Maximus X Hero Motherboard - Drivers

ASUS Z370 ROG Maximus X Hero Motherboard - Drivers: Greetings Ten Forums / Community, I own a ASUS Z370 ROG Maximus X Hero Motherboard and I plan to install Windows 10 64bit. If we take a closer look at the following driver comparison list between the Intel and ASUS websites, we can see some discrepancies between the driver...
  7. My CPU(I5-7500) is hiding cores !!

My CPU(I5-7500) is hiding cores !!: Hello Forum, I have a big problem with my I5-7500 and that's disturbing my work and my free time. I started looking over to see Why my PC is running hard and slowly. And I looked over my GPU nothing wrong, I looked over at my SSD and HDD no problems and then when I looked...
  8. Maximus VIII Gene Audio Issue

Maximus VIII Gene Audio Issue: Whats up gents? So i am having an issue with the audio on my mobo. if i let my pc set for a long time or i put it in sleep without playing audio, when i get back to it and turn it back on, the audio is incredibly distorted and sounds horrible! the only fix is to either...
  9. Motherboard power light (PS_SW) is flashing and system wont boot up

Motherboard power light (PS_SW) is flashing and system wont boot up: The problem is in the thread title; normally my PS_SW light stays a solid yellow and I'm able to boot up no problem. After moving my computer around the house a bit, when I plugged everything in the light was flashing yellow and is now unable to boot up. All the build...
  10. Motherboard component blown up - ASUS Q550LF

Motherboard component blown up - ASUS Q550LF: Hello folks, Once I was removing the internal battery of my laptop and the screw driver accidentally dropped on the motherboard, there was a smoke and it looks like 2 capacitors have blown up. Since then I was using the laptop normally, but now, after a week more or...