Windows 10: Asus MAximus X Code MB will not update Chipset

Discus and support Asus MAximus X Code MB will not update Chipset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot get the chipset to update to the latest version listed on Asus website for this motherboard. Stuck at 10.1.1.38. There are two subsequent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Caledon Ken, May 27, 2020.

1. Asus MAximus X Code MB will not update Chipset

I cannot get the chipset to update to the latest version listed on Asus website for this motherboard.

Stuck at 10.1.1.38. There are two subsequent releases, the latest being 10.1.18295.8201 dated 2020/04/24.

Running Win 10 V1909, build 18363.836
    Intel Management Engine 1914.12.0.1256 (Latest on Asus site)
    BIOS V2301 (Latest on Asus site)

If I try either of the more recent chipset drivers they run successfully, say the driver was installed but nothing appears to be updated when checking device manager, even after a restart.

I know there are lots of Asus users with similar series boards. (Asus Maximus x370)

Any known solution?

(Yes I know if current driver works I don't have to update. I wish to update to be current with offerings on the manufacture's site)

Any guidance would be appreciated.

:)

Caledon Ken, May 27, 2020
  2. Polo6RGTI Win User

Asus Z370 Maximus X Motherboards

The 9th gen processors that are currently available is still the P0 stepping and will eventually be replaced with the new R0 stepping processors.

Here are the screenshots I took from Gigabyte's website

Asus MAximus X Code MB will not update Chipset [​IMG]

Gigabyte redacted the new R0 processors from the list a day later.

Polo6RGTI, May 28, 2020
  3. Geneo Win User
    Geneo, May 28, 2020
  4. Polo6RGTI Win User

Asus MAximus X Code MB will not update Chipset

Asus Z370 Maximus X Motherboards

@OldMike65 here is the list of changes for the latest chipset drivers package.

Polo6RGTI, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Asus MAximus X Code MB will not update Chipset

1. Asus MAximus X Code MB will not update Chipset - Similar Threads - Asus MAximus Code

2. Sound issues on an Asus P8Z77-V-LK MB

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound issues on an Asus P8Z77-V-LK MB: I'm having some issues with sound on my homebrew with an Asus P8Z77-V-LK running Windows 10 v20H2. It's been running great for 11 years. But recently, I have noticed missing pieces or bits when playing audio. it has progressively been getting worse. It happens when playing...
  3. ASUS Z370 ROG Maximus X Hero Motherboard - Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Z370 ROG Maximus X Hero Motherboard - Drivers: Greetings Ten Forums / Community, I own a ASUS Z370 ROG Maximus X Hero Motherboard and I plan to install Windows 10 64bit. If we take a closer look at the following driver comparison list between the Intel and ASUS websites, we can see some discrepancies between the driver...
  4. asus maximus hero vii will not finish kb4532693

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    asus maximus hero vii will not finish kb4532693: problems with kb4532693,as its is configured to 30 5 an now back to finish,it only has an endless loup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-maximus-hero-vii-will-not-finish-kb4532693/563cbdab-480a-4787-9f12-5db1708d69c2
  5. Maximus X Code MB with Phanteks Enthoo Primo Fan Controller

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximus X Code MB with Phanteks Enthoo Primo Fan Controller: I'm wondering if any system builders are using the Phanteks Enthroo Primo series fan controller with the Maximus X Code motherboard. I connected the Phanteks Fan Controller to CPU_OPT header but that header does not appear in BIOS. As such I cannot set to PMW. I would...
  6. Can I upgrade? MB: Asus P8Z77-V

Can I upgrade? MB: Asus P8Z77-V: Hey there, So I recently have ordered parts to replace and upgrade old and broken parts in my pc build. One of these parts being a new ssd and new hard drive due to old hard drive being corrupted. I have decided with this change to also upgrade my OS, i currently am running...
  7. Asus G11CD-K Chipset Drivers

Asus G11CD-K Chipset Drivers: Should I install those even though date shows 12/08/2016 Or should Ignore them, and just stay with Windows Default chipset drivers, I'll admit forgot to install those after the last clean install, I am willing to do a system reset, and redo all the drivers, and installs if...
  8. Asus M32BC-01 Chipset Driver Question

Asus M32BC-01 Chipset Driver Question: Chipset drivers outdated on Asus site, latest video drivers installed, system running perfectly fine from what I can tell now...If I did install the outdated chipset drivers, would I have issues when I update video drivers in the future? Normally use Display driver...
  9. Display port issue with Asus MB...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display port issue with Asus MB...: Well, I finally got around to do further testing... The motherboard and the cables are just fine with a 24" Dell monitor, connected via DP interface. Doing so confirmed that the BenQ monitor's DP interface died, just couple of month after the warranty expired. The HDMI...
  10. Cannot get into bios (Asus maximus hero VII)

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot get into bios (Asus maximus hero VII): I am trying to get into the bios on my windows 10 system with a hero vii but whenever I restart and then hold del my screens are just black, my pc is running and nothing happens, nothing comes on the screen. If I restart and don't press anything it goes into windows 10...