Windows 10: Asus Mobo with integrated VIA HD sound - fails on APPS (Analog output)

Discus and support Asus Mobo with integrated VIA HD sound - fails on APPS (Analog output) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Not sure what Ms has done in the latest updates -- but I can't get any sound now from APPS like VLC / Windows media player etc etc - although Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Mar 17, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Asus Mobo with integrated VIA HD sound - fails on APPS (Analog output)

Not sure what Ms has done in the latest updates -- but I can't get any sound now from APPS like VLC / Windows media player etc etc - although Windows sound events work perfectly !!!!!.

HDMI works fine but Analog fails if I'm using a bog standard monitor with RGB (old VGA cable) connector and sound out from the computer (analog).

Before the update the sound devices were just the Ms HD audio -- and that worked 100%. Now wretched update keeps on insisting that it installs the VIA HD audio --that's when the trouble stsrts --there doesn't seem to be a way of blocking the install of that set of sound drivers. For once the MS drivers work better than the "official ones".

Even if I install the Ms ones manually - the wretched VIA ones get installed again after the next boot.

Can't see any way of stopping the install of the VIA drivers. If I disable the device then of course ALL sound stops.

Any ideas !!!! (BTW build 9879 - previous build works fine).

Note this is on a REAL machine not a VM and its build 9926. Fails both with Enterprise and PRO X-64.

Suggest in the next build that specific drivers can be prevented from automatic update.

Note --I HAVE done all the obvious things like ensuring the right connections / sound device are being used and the sound device IS working.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 17, 2015

2. Sound problems

i have a similar problem on my asus mobo .if you have a via integrated sound card then you will have to wait for a driver to be released

Marcus Agrippa, Mar 17, 2015
  3. Eriikooz Win User
    Windows 10 - Audio/Surround and driver error with Realtek Audio 5.1 speaker setup

I have had this problem since build TP build 10041. I do post this thread now in the standard Windows 10 forum, because the release has gone live now. At start;

The test tone are fixed now (for analog), still problem with Optical and DTS audio throw the Optical output and 24 bit analog audio works (when having the sound connected to the analog output).
    The problem persist but in another way, i don't have any
    Rear speakers
    with analog 5.1 setup, there's only side speakers. Which is shaking my head. Check the print screens attached below.

The workaround is to change to analog 7.1 setup, but that will only give you 2.1 stereo with sub-woofer for low sound signals. This problem has been since the TP build 10041, but then the
    driver didn't play any sound in 24 bit stereo, so it was detected more on later TP builds. You can see at page 17-21 that i have attached print screens. I hope they will push out a fix for this soon. Im using an ASUS
    P9X79 PRO mobo.

Asus Mobo with integrated VIA HD sound - fails on APPS (Analog output) [​IMG]

Analog 7.1 Setup (works as a analog 2.1 stereo:

Eriikooz, Mar 17, 2015
Thema:

Asus Mobo with integrated VIA HD sound - fails on APPS (Analog output)

1. Asus Mobo with integrated VIA HD sound - fails on APPS (Analog output) - Similar Threads - Asus Mobo integrated

2. Sound Output for Specific App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Output for Specific App: I'm using an application called Elgato Wave Link. With this application I'm able to choose "channels" for sound output. But for this to work I need to specify sound output device in Settings > System > Sound > App volume and device preferences. Only active Apps are shown in...
  3. Sound Output for Specific App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Output for Specific App: I'm using an application called Elgato Wave Link. With this application I'm able to choose "channels" for sound output. But for this to work I need to specify sound output device in Settings > System > Sound > App volume and device preferences. Only active Apps are shown in...
  4. Sound Output for Specific App

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot initialize IDE hd on PC with installed ASUS SATA mobo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot initialize IDE hd on PC with installed ASUS SATA mobo: This subject has been mentioned on some old topics. That is why I am opening a new one. I have an old desktop PC that I want to offer. It has WIN 10 installed, it works fine, but is rather slow maybe due to old mother board Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L. Also connected to it there was...
  6. Cannot initialize IDE hd on PC with installed ASUS SATA mobo

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot initialize IDE hd on PC with installed ASUS SATA mobo: This subject has been mentioned on some old topics. That is why I am opening a new one. I have an old desktop PC that I want to offer. It has WIN 10 installed, it works fine, but is rather slow maybe due to old mother board Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L. Also connected to it there was...
  7. VIA HD Audio driver for windows 10 - Asus motherboard

VIA HD Audio driver for windows 10 - Asus motherboard: Hi dear manager, Here is my motherboard's specifications : https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M3A78/specifications/ Audio part is : VT1708B 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC Supports S/PDIF out interface,Multi-streaming teconologies and and Jack-detect S/PDIF out...
  8. BSODs, failing mobo?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs, failing mobo?: Hey, what's up all. Recently, over the span of 3 days, I've been experiencing multiple BSODs. First couple times the BSOD was caused by a driver, which I've removed. Despite this, I'm still getting random BSODs (I just had one 20-30 minutes ago), except this time the bug...
  9. Via HD Audio - Sound and Mic not working

Via HD Audio - Sound and Mic not working: I'm going around in circles on this one. I just upgraded my ASUS Laptop from Win 8.1 to Win 10 X64. (It has Via HD Audio) Initially, sound worked but the microphone didn't. I fussed with many settings but nothing seemed to work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the...
  10. Overclocking help with ASUS MOBO?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Overclocking help with ASUS MOBO?: if there is a better WEBSITE to answer this then please give me url for it please. ------------------ OH MY WTF!!*Banghead I need someone to help me using ifant-style baby steps overclocking. I just want to increase teh speeds about 10-15% and no more. Can...