Windows 10: ASUS Monitor display flashing on and off

Discus and support ASUS Monitor display flashing on and off in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi -- I know there must be something about this display problem here in this section as there is 953 pages on monitors, but using Search, is not giving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Dart77, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Dart77 Win User

ASUS Monitor display flashing on and off

Hi -- I know there must be something about this display problem here in this section as there is 953 pages on monitors, but using Search, is not giving any results (eg it won't accept the words "on" "and" or "off"), "Flashing", gives no results etc. That's just as an aside but I have tried to search...

Anyway, does anyone with experience in display problems know if this is an indication of my monitor dying?

It's about 7 years old, an ASUS HDMI 24 inch. Last few days it has started...

Read more

Dart77, Oct 6, 2022

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Oct 6, 2022
  3. ASUS VG278H showing as Generic Non-PnP Monitor. Windows 10

As per title my ASUS VG278H is showing as Generic Non-PnP Monitor (as shown in device manager), or Digital Display (as shown in Nvidia Control Panel).

The ASUS is my secondary display. Has been working fine for years. Then today I fire up a game, my pc crashes, and when I restart, it now doesn't recognise the display.

Steps I've taken so far:

1. restart pc
    2. device manager > uninstall generic display > restart pc
    3. update gpu driver > restart pc
    4. update display driver > restart pc
    5. update windows > restart pc

All to no effect.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Nathan2014, Oct 6, 2022
  4. ASUS Monitor display flashing on and off

asus taichi screenis not working with windows 10

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for posting your reply.

To set up the dual monitor, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + P.
    • Select the required option.

Also, suggest you to update the Display adapter driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

ASUS Monitor display flashing on and off

1. ASUS Monitor display flashing on and off - Similar Threads - ASUS Monitor display

2. ASUS WON'T DETECT DISPLAY ON PORTABLE MONITORS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS WON'T DETECT DISPLAY ON PORTABLE MONITORS: My portable monitors won't detect anymore. I tried 3 portable monitors, and it keeps on saying no signal. I tried to connect it using different Type C chords and still won't work. Can someone please help me?...
  3. ASUS WON'T DETECT DISPLAY ON PORTABLE MONITORS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS WON'T DETECT DISPLAY ON PORTABLE MONITORS: My portable monitors won't detect anymore. I tried 3 portable monitors, and it keeps on saying no signal. I tried to connect it using different Type C chords and still won't work. Can someone please help me?...
  4. monitor display cut off at top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor display cut off at top: My monitor screen cuts off the top of my screen. There is a dark line at the top of the screen running across the entire width. In all my browsers it cuts off the top drop down navigation menu. On my desktop screen I see the same line. I've searched online for solutions...
  5. monitor display cut off at top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor display cut off at top: My monitor screen cuts off the top of my screen. There is a dark line at the top of the screen running across the entire width. In all my browsers it cuts off the top drop down navigation menu. On my desktop screen I see the same line. I've searched online for solutions...
  6. Monitor Flashing On and Off When Computer is Cold

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Flashing On and Off When Computer is Cold: My wife's HP desktop PC, running Windows 10 Home Edition, is flashing the display on for half a second then off for a few seconds on boot up. This has been going on for about six months. When it started, it would do this for a few minutes, then stabilize as if something had...
  7. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off: Hello. I recently purchased a cheap secondhand monitor, a Samsung SyncMaster 2043. The monitor I am currently using is also an old Acer V193HQV. The problem I had is the Acer is flashing on and off every second the moment I plugged my second monitor, even though I have not...
  8. Dual Monitors flashing on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors flashing on and off: I have dual monitors on my gaming pc and acer and a asus, they are both relatively new but i have a problem, when im in a game they will both cut to black then turn back on saying what there plugged in through (DVI and HDMI) both are plugged into my graphics card (NVIDIA GTX...
  9. Monitor Display Not Staying Off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Display Not Staying Off: I have an x-box controller that I plug into my computer to play games, but ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, the display will not stay off. I did a clean install, erasing all of my programs and drivers. I've tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting the computer, I've...
  10. Monitor/display will not turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor/display will not turn off: Hello everyone. Using the same settings and programs as in my 8.1 installation. Nothing funny, or game-related running in the background (also tried disabling everything possible). The problem is that the monitor will not turn off, either from the Power/Display power-off...