Windows 10: Asus Monitor How to remove black borders from the screen?

Discus and support Asus Monitor How to remove black borders from the screen? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Since today I have a 2mm wide black border around the screen and no matter what I try,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by xDodo96, Aug 4, 2020.

1. xDodo96 Win User

Asus Monitor How to remove black borders from the screen?

Asus Monitor How to remove black borders from the screen? 0_big.jpg

Asus Monitor How to remove black borders from the screen? 1_big.jpg

Asus Monitor How to remove black borders from the screen? 2_big.jpg

Asus Monitor How to remove black borders from the screen? 3_big.jpg

Since today I have a 2mm wide black border around the screen and no matter what I try, I can't get it on full screen, so the whole space is used.

:)

xDodo96, Aug 4, 2020

2. HOW TO REMOVE LARGE BLACK BORDER FROM DISPLAY?

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern with the large black border and missing Control Panel from its usual spot. For better assistance, please clarify the following information:

• How are you accessing Control Panel now?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the large black border that you are currently seeing?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Aug 4, 2020
  3. TeamK5 Win User
    Black border around monitor

I tried the steps you suggested and it did not change anything regarding the black border. I am trying to come up with a better explanation, the information on my screen has a black frame around the information on my screen. The display does not go from
    corner to corner of my display monitor. There is a 1 inch thick black bar on the left and right sides and a 1/2 inch thick black bar on the top and bottom. I attached the screen shot per your request but it is only showing the information on the screen up
    to the black frame. I can get rid of the black frame by going to a lower resolution but I didn't think that is the right solution. I should be able to upgrade to windows 10 and still have the recommended resolution for my monitor.
    Asus Monitor How to remove black borders from the screen? c42c231f-af15-4761-9ce5-5f55905843b8.png

TeamK5, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Asus Monitor How to remove black borders from the screen?

black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Asus Monitor How to remove black borders from the screen?

1. Asus Monitor How to remove black borders from the screen? - Similar Threads - Asus Monitor remove

2. How to remove "ASUS Splendid Demo" from my monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove "ASUS Splendid Demo" from my monitor?: "ASUS Splendid Demo Standard, Splendid Off, Splendid On" stays on my ASUS Zenscreen portable monitor attached to my Surface Book. Changing the mode with the Asus buttons eg to Scenery, Gaming, etc just replaces that word with Standard and it stays on the screen. Can't find...
  3. How to remove "ASUS Splendid Demo" from my monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove "ASUS Splendid Demo" from my monitor?: "ASUS Splendid Demo Standard, Splendid Off, Splendid On" stays on my ASUS Zenscreen portable monitor attached to my Surface Book. Changing the mode with the Asus buttons eg to Scenery, Gaming, etc just replaces that word with Standard and it stays on the screen. Can't find...
  4. How to resolve black border arround the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve black border arround the screen: I don't have any graphic card, only using the iGPU of a new Intel CPU. Windows resolution is the same as display resolution 3840x2160. The black border appears left, upper and right. Changing resolution I can only make it smaller, not bigger with Windows display settings. I...
  5. Black border around my monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black border around my monitors: i have black borders around both of my monitors, saw it abaout a week ago. Tried fixing it by looking at websites and stuff but found nothing that helped, it doesnt bother me but i want it gone, and i cant put my mouse on the black bar so i cant take a screenshot...
  6. Black border all around monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black border all around monitor: Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 pro. And I'm having black border all around my screen. I know that I need to get to Catalyst control to fix it but I don't have the right driver to do that. Can you help me get the right driver? Dell Studio XPS 435T...
  7. Black border around monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black border around monitor: I'm running Intel HD graphics on a Acer inspire 15.6", upon restart my monitor, 1366x768 aspect ratio, has two inch black bars on each side of the display and 1 inch black bars on the bottom and top. My drivers are updated and I know this is called a shrinked monitor but I...
  8. How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10: After win10's installation my external monitor has black borders. This was happening also with win7 after installation. with catalyst control center [which I cannot open anymore in win 10 :-(...] I could easily fix the issue: - open Catalyst Control Center - go to...
  9. How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10: After win10's installation my external monitor has black borders. This was happening also with win7 after installation. with catalyst control center [which I cannot open anymore in win 10 :-(...] I could easily fix the issue: - open Catalyst Control Center - go to My...
  10. How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10: After win10's installation my external monitor has black borders. This was happening also with win7 after installation. with catalyst control center [which I cannot open anymore in win 10 :-(...as I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD4670 which is not supported] I could...