Windows 10: ASUS motherboard and 3 short beeps

Discus and support ASUS motherboard and 3 short beeps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Anyone knows what does it mean? I read about 1 long + 3 short, but I have continuous 3 short beeps. Thought it's RAM, but tried other memory and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ch3mn3y, Apr 19, 2019.

1. ch3mn3y Win User

ASUS motherboard and 3 short beeps

Anyone knows what does it mean? I read about 1 long + 3 short, but I have continuous 3 short beeps.
    Thought it's RAM, but tried other memory and nothing changes. Changing the slots does nothing as well.
    Thought, for a moment, that it's problem with GPU, but tried without it (I have APU) and still got beeps...

Any ideas?

System setup is shown below as my primary.

:)

ch3mn3y, Apr 19, 2019
  2. tlf55 Win User

1 Long beep + 3 short beep Asus motherboard

Hi guys,

I have an Asus Z97A Motherboard/GTX 1080/24GB DDR3Gskill/ 500 GB SSD + 1to HDD and recently when i boot my PC i hear 1 long beep then quickly after 3 short beep.. I've searched in Asus website about the meaning of these beep and it's written that it's a Video card faulty..

But well just after these beep my pc is booting well ! and video card working well too, i've no problem playing games.

The strange thing also is that it's making these beep like 1 time every 2 or 3 days as i shut down my pc every night and when i'm going to work.

Do you have an idea of what i can do ??

EDIT : And by the way here's what i tried,

-Disable integrated graphic
    -Clear CMOS
    -Update Nvidia driver

tlf55, Apr 19, 2019
  3. spunk Win User
    spunk, Apr 19, 2019
  4. mc-dexter Win User

1 long beep, 3 short beeps. No signal.

It's a RAM issue, not graphic related.

I thought you would of noticed that when i backed up your thought about it (notice the highlighted parts above in the quote).

Try the following steps i mentioned before aswel - With the sounds of it your half way there and you know what your doing, So basically once you get into Bios for the first time after Bios reset change the voltage, I don't suggest 1.8v like you said though, It should be fine at 2.0.

mc-dexter, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

1. ASUS motherboard and 3 short beeps - Similar Threads - ASUS motherboard short

2. After Enabling Virtualization Technology, HP pc won’t boot, 3 short beeps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Enabling Virtualization Technology, HP pc won’t boot, 3 short beeps: I followed instructions to enable VT in BIOS, now whenever I press the power button on my HP Pavilion PC, 3 short beeps sound and the monitor and keyboard don’t light up or start...
  3. After Enabling Virtualization Technology, HP pc won’t boot, 3 short beeps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Enabling Virtualization Technology, HP pc won’t boot, 3 short beeps: I followed instructions to enable VT in BIOS, now whenever I press the power button on my HP Pavilion PC, 3 short beeps sound and the monitor and keyboard don’t light up or start...
  4. Random motherboard beeps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random motherboard beeps?: Hello, i use a MSI A320m-A PRO MAX motherboard and i randomly got 3 2 beep bursts? 6 beeps in total would anyone be willing to help me? thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-motherboard-beeps/0c027bf7-5f7e-49a9-8afa-b27cab00721f
  5. Random motherboard beeps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random motherboard beeps?: Hello, i use a MSI A320m-A PRO MAX motherboard and i randomly got 3 2 beep bursts? 6 beeps in total would anyone be willing to help me? thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-motherboard-beeps/0c027bf7-5f7e-49a9-8afa-b27cab00721f
  6. ASUS q504u replaced shorted motherboard now no touch screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS q504u replaced shorted motherboard now no touch screen: the video cable had failed, so needed replacing So in replacing it, I accidently shorted the MB I bought a replacement motherboard and it works again, except for now no touch screen I dont understand, did ALL q504u type laptops all have the touch screen or just most or some...
  7. No short beep during POST

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No short beep during POST: Since a couple of days I do not hear anymore the buzzer beep during the POST After booting the PC is working normally, although some of the applications in the Start Menu right click on the Start button does also not work anymore, like Device Manager, Disk Manager, PC...
  8. Motherboard Gigabtye beep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard Gigabtye beep: Hi when using windows 10 randomly my motherboard beeps one short just does it random is there a cmos battery low ??. 154443
  9. 3 BEEPS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3 BEEPS: After reinstalling GPU, I start my pc and then, i only hear 3 beeps on startup. Did i reinstall my GPU wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3-beeps/fa4fe756-23af-4ac7-868f-09007948471f
  10. 1 Long beep + 3 short beep Asus motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    1 Long beep + 3 short beep Asus motherboard: Hi guys, I have an Asus Z97A Motherboard/GTX 1080/24GB DDR3Gskill/ 500 GB SSD + 1to HDD and recently when i boot my PC i hear 1 long beep then quickly after 3 short beep.. I've searched in Asus website about the meaning of these beep and it's written that it's a Video...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus uefi beep codes

2. asus three beeps

3. asus rog strix long beep 3 short beeps

4. asus motherboard continuous beep,
  5. asus z170 pro gaming 3 beeps on startup,
  6. 1 long 3 short beep xmp,
  7. long beep three short beeps on bios asus rampage 4 ,
  8. win10 boot 1 long beep 3 shor beeps,
  9. rog strix 8450 f beeps,
  10. ASUS ROG MOTHERBORD WHAT DOES THE START BEEP MEAN,
  11. ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING bios 3 short beeps,