Windows 10: Asus motherboard - computer froze and can't reinstall windows 10

Discus and support Asus motherboard - computer froze and can't reinstall windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This morning my newly upgraded computer froze and gave me an 0xc000007 error. I have been on Microsoft support all day trying to reinstall Windows but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnnoyedinTN, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Asus motherboard - computer froze and can't reinstall windows 10

This morning my newly upgraded computer froze and gave me an 0xc000007 error. I have been on Microsoft support all day trying to reinstall Windows but at the last step the install stops, says it can't complete the install and stops. I am dead in the water. Microsoft says they think I need to update the motherboard bios. If the computer was working this morning after this week's updates is that even a thing or are they just passing the buck. Any help welcome. Thanks

:)

AnnoyedinTN, Jan 11, 2019

2. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Jan 11, 2019
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Riekopo Win User

Asus motherboard - computer froze and can't reinstall windows 10

Asus P8Z77-V motherboard, no Windows 10 drivers

I have an Asus P8Z77-V motherboard that I bought in 2012. There are no Windows 10 drivers listed for it on the support page. When I contacted Asus support the guy literally said to buy a new motherboard. What am I supposed to do?

Riekopo, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Asus motherboard - computer froze and can't reinstall windows 10

1. Asus motherboard - computer froze and can't reinstall windows 10 - Similar Threads - Asus motherboard computer

2. Replacing a motherboard without reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing a motherboard without reinstalling Windows 10: Hello! I've recently ran into an issue with my motherboard as it got shorted due to a stupid mistake on my part. The rest of my components apart from a hard drive are in working condition, so I wish to only replace the motherboard. I have Windows 10 installed on an SSD. My...
  3. Computer froze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer froze: My computer is freezing when im at the login menu. As soon as i get to the login screen, everything works fine for 2 seconds and then the pc freezes completly. Also, my keyboard and mouse dont work after that, even though they clearly indicate they are on. Before the issue my...
  4. Asus motherboard and folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus motherboard and folder: I have a n Asus board on a PC made for me. I was looking at some folders and found an Asus folder under program files that is almost 500 MB. Before I ramble, I would not mind deleting it if it is manuals etc. Could you help me with this please? 159644
  5. My computer froze

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer froze: My computer froze. I could not bring up the task manager either with CTRL +shift + Esc or with CTRL +Alt +delete. I could not turn the computer off. Finally, I noticed the clock was an hour behind. I unplugged the power cord. I still could not turn off the computer. After...
  6. After Windows 10 update, computer froze.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 10 update, computer froze.: Clicked on update & went to bed. Didn't see any messages. Stuck on 1st screen without log in option, Mouse & Keyboard do nothing. can someone help?...
  7. ASUS Motherboard specific

ASUS Motherboard specific: Hi, This forum is my go-to for many things, but this time my question is ASUS motherboard specific. Can anyone guide me to a solid forum where I might be able to ask about my ASUS board? I have 2 questions 1. In UEFI, select XMP 1 or XMP 2 if I'm using ASUS' AI Overclocking...
  8. Windows 10 update froze my computer

Windows 10 update froze my computer: Two nights ago, when I went to close my computer, it gave me the option to "install updates and then restart". I clicked ok and then it ran through the update for a really long time. When I checked my computer, it was frozen on the welcome screen. Now i cannot get my...
  9. Windows 10 froze,, yet again, and this time I can't reboot the computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 froze,, yet again, and this time I can't reboot the computer.: The freeze happens 3 or 4 times a day, here lately. Usually I just restart and the system reboots and I begin all over. This last time I can't restart the computer. I push the power button and nothing happens, not even a beep when the bios starts. A Dell XPS 8700 with...
  10. ASUS Motherboard compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Motherboard compatibility: My Asus MB (M4A89GTD PRO/USB3) is about 5 years old. I have successfully upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10. However, running on Win 10 my PC frequently locks up and has to be re-booted. As a result I down-graded to Win 7 and now all is ok. ASUS does not include this board in...