Windows 10: Asus motherboard - computer froze and can't reinstall windows 10

Discus and support Asus motherboard - computer froze and can't reinstall windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This morning my newly upgraded computer froze and gave me an 0xc000007 error. I have been on Microsoft support all day trying to reinstall Windows but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnnoyedinTN, Jan 11, 2019 at 6:52 PM.

1. Asus motherboard - computer froze and can't reinstall windows 10

This morning my newly upgraded computer froze and gave me an 0xc000007 error. I have been on Microsoft support all day trying to reinstall Windows but at the last step the install stops, says it can't complete the install and stops. I am dead in the water. Microsoft says they think I need to update the motherboard bios. If the computer was working this morning after this week's updates is that even a thing or are they just passing the buck. Any help welcome. Thanks

:)

2. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

4. Riekopo Win User

Asus motherboard - computer froze and can't reinstall windows 10

Asus P8Z77-V motherboard, no Windows 10 drivers

I have an Asus P8Z77-V motherboard that I bought in 2012. There are no Windows 10 drivers listed for it on the support page. When I contacted Asus support the guy literally said to buy a new motherboard. What am I supposed to do?

Thema:

Asus motherboard - computer froze and can't reinstall windows 10

1. Asus motherboard - computer froze and can't reinstall windows 10 - Similar Threads - Asus motherboard computer

2. computer froze with loud buzzing noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer froze with loud buzzing noise: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power Date: 17/11/2018 18:04:56 Event ID: 35 Task Category: (2) Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-25FBGLI Description: Performance power...
  3. "Choose a pin for Windows" Froze the computer.

"Choose a pin for Windows" Froze the computer.: When the computer was turned on and before the password was entered, the screen asked for us to choose a pin number to make the log-in more secure. There is no way to get it off the screen. Help!...
  4. Windows 10 froze,, yet again, and this time I can't reboot the computer.

Windows 10 froze,, yet again, and this time I can't reboot the computer.: The freeze happens 3 or 4 times a day, here lately. Usually I just restart and the system reboots and I begin all over. This last time I can't restart the computer. I push the power button and nothing happens, not even a beep when the bios starts. A Dell XPS 8700 with...
  5. changed motherboard - can't activate windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    changed motherboard - can't activate windows 10: Hello. I have a windows 10 Pro RETAIL license. I have upgrated my mobo, cpu and ram, and after installing of new drivers, windows is NOT activated anymore. I have tried the tool to reactivate my digital license, but after logging in, it says that the windows servers are...
  6. ASUS Motherboard compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Motherboard compatibility: My Asus MB (M4A89GTD PRO/USB3) is about 5 years old. I have successfully upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10. However, running on Win 10 my PC frequently locks up and has to be re-booted. As a result I down-graded to Win 7 and now all is ok. ASUS does not include this board in...
  7. Asus Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard: I noticed this board only has ONE USB 2.0 Connector on it. Are there extensions that I can buy? 82063
  8. Cant Reinstall Windows 10 on an Asus X205TA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant Reinstall Windows 10 on an Asus X205TA: my friend gave me his Asus X205TA so that i can do a clean install of Windows 10 to get rid of all the bloatware. it came with 32 bit and i'm trying to upgrade it to 64 bit. only problem is no matter what i try i can't get this laptop to read the USB drive. what else can i...
  9. Windows 10 install froze?

Windows 10 install froze?: I started my windows 10 update around 10:00 last night. For awhile it seemed stuck in suspend mode (black screen, monitor light orange, computer light still on etc) and I was worried but eventually I got the update screen and it went from 30% to 56% in around 30 minutes or...
  10. Reinstall with new Motherboard? Win10

Reinstall with new Motherboard? Win10: I've purchased all the components for my new PC..and it includes a completely new chipset on the motherboard (1151). I recently purchased a windows 10 key from here (Windows 10 Home 32-bit/64-bit English International: Amazon.co.uk: Software). The USB flash drive Home...