Windows 10: ASUS motherboard RAM timings problem

Discus and support ASUS motherboard RAM timings problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, just updated the BIOS on my ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE motherboard, from 1302 to 2301. Obviously, the computer is working, but I had previously set the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ghot, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Ghot Win User

ASUS motherboard RAM timings problem

Ok, just updated the BIOS on my ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE motherboard, from 1302 to 2301.
    Obviously, the computer is working, but I had previously set the RAM timings to manufacturer's specs, but can't seem to do that... this time.

Motherboard support page: Pro WS X570-ACE FAQ | Motherboards | ASUS Global

My RAM: F4-3200C14D-16GTZKW-G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd.

Here's the current status... the problem ofc is translating the XMP naming scheme to the BIOS nbaming scheme... for the DRAM timings.

ASUS motherboard RAM timings problem K9pQjXT.png

ASUS motherboard RAM timings problem NaXxs3C.png

The problem is, that w/e I try to manually set my RAM timings, like before the BIOS update, everything craps out. No display, can't get in the BIOS. Have to pull the CMOS battery to reset... and to do that I have to pull the vid card.

Here's how I had the timings set before the BIOS Update...

ASUS motherboard RAM timings problem sCY1Ij3.png

:)

2. Polo6RGTI Win User

Asus Z370 Maximus X Motherboards

The 9th gen processors that are currently available is still the P0 stepping and will eventually be replaced with the new R0 stepping processors.

Here are the screenshots I took from Gigabyte's website

ASUS motherboard RAM timings problem [​IMG]

Gigabyte redacted the new R0 processors from the list a day later.

ASUS motherboard RAM timings problem [​IMG]

Polo6RGTI, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Jul 26, 2020
  4. spacev2 Win User

ASUS Z370 ROG Maximus X Hero Motherboard - Drivers

Thanks for the info.
    Just out of curiosity, I am wondering if the ASUS EZ Update utility provided you with a newer driver that "was or was not" already listed on the ASUS download page for your motherboard ?

Has there ever been any known cases where something such as ASUS EZ Update utility provides the user with updated drivers that are not listed on the website ?

spacev2, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. ASUS motherboard RAM timings problem - Similar Threads - ASUS motherboard RAM

2. Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?: Hello So i had a question early about a my windows 10 being corrupt spent the last couple of hours fiddling with my pc and got to the stage where i realise 4 sticks of ram breaks my pc causing me bluescreens and infinite boot loops. Tried it with 1 stick 2 stick and 3 sticks...
  3. Asus motherboard Update Bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus motherboard Update Bios: Hi.Recently I wanted to update my Asus b250m-c motherboard bios and I figured my bios is "Aptio setup utility". It looks pretty old and doesn't have tools for updating bios EZflash and it seems like even some older motherboards have modern bios more graphical bios . So is...
  4. Asus motherboard Update Bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus motherboard Update Bios: Hi.Recently I wanted to update my Asus b250m-c motherboard bios and I figured my bios is "Aptio setup utility". It looks pretty old and doesn't have tools for updating bios EZflash and it seems like even some older motherboards have modern bios more graphical bios . So is...
  5. Asus motherboard Update Bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Motherboard or RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard or RAM: So here I am working on a large Photoshop image (160 x 250cm @200ppi) when I notice a bit of a slow down. I check my system and notice I only have 24gb RAM ( should be 32gb using 8 sticks ). I check all the ram in different sockets and run Memtest, all seem fine. Time to...
  7. Asus motherboard and folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus motherboard and folder: I have a n Asus board on a PC made for me. I was looking at some folders and found an Asus folder under program files that is almost 500 MB. Before I ramble, I would not mind deleting it if it is manuals etc. Could you help me with this please? 159644
  8. ASUS Motherboard specific

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS Motherboard specific: Hi, This forum is my go-to for many things, but this time my question is ASUS motherboard specific. Can anyone guide me to a solid forum where I might be able to ask about my ASUS board? I have 2 questions 1. In UEFI, select XMP 1 or XMP 2 if I'm using ASUS' AI Overclocking...
  9. ASUS Motherboard compatibility

ASUS Motherboard compatibility: My Asus MB (M4A89GTD PRO/USB3) is about 5 years old. I have successfully upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10. However, running on Win 10 my PC frequently locks up and has to be re-booted. As a result I down-graded to Win 7 and now all is ok. ASUS does not include this board in...
  10. asus B150m-a motherboard USB problems

asus B150m-a motherboard USB problems: Hello all I am having USB Connection issues. I am using an Asus B150M-A motherboard and constantly I am having USB connection issues. Can anyone point me in the right direction? thank you Everything i connect via USB eventually runs into an issue such as it stops...