Windows 10: Asus N501VWAS.307 BIOS firmware update file -- what to do with it

Discus and support Asus N501VWAS.307 BIOS firmware update file -- what to do with it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've downloaded this file to update the laptop's firmware but I see no instructions on how to use it. I see instructions for other equipment but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hymanwallace, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Asus N501VWAS.307 BIOS firmware update file -- what to do with it

I've downloaded this file to update the laptop's firmware but I see no instructions on how to use it. I see instructions for other equipment but not for this one? The instructions are not always the same so...

Would someone point me?

:)

hymanwallace, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Kovoet Win User

Asus matrix 7970 plat bios update

Yea I wanted to do the firmware update bud. Do I download it from Asus

Kovoet, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Should I update bios?

Lol, there is still so many myths about flashing bios and people actually believe in them. People, this is 2018, not 1998, bios updates are easy and when file is provided by manufacturer themselves then they do RMA gpus, motherboards, mice and all other devices which failed during flashing.

spectatorx, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Asus N501VWAS.307 BIOS firmware update file -- what to do with it

PS3 and PSP firmware updated

Sony has updated the firmware for its two most recent consoles, with a few improvements for each. The PS3 firmware has been updated to version 1.70, which will enable gamers to play PS1 software purchased from the PlayStation Store (previously only playable on the PSP) and will allow the use of the vibration function of accessories when playing PlayStation and PlayStation 2 titles (not PS3 games unfortunately, but a step forwards). The PlayStation Store still lists all classic titles as being for the PSP, but this may be changed when it’s updated later this week. As for the PSP, the firmware has been updated to version 3.40, with the most noticeable changes being improved support for PlayStation Network titles and a changed method for managing certificates under [Game]. Apparently with the new firmware, gamers can share save data between both consoles allowing PS1 titles to be continued on the move and at home.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Asus N501VWAS.307 BIOS firmware update file -- what to do with it

1. Asus N501VWAS.307 BIOS firmware update file -- what to do with it - Similar Threads - Asus N501VWAS 307

2. BIOS update for ASUS P5GC-TVM-SI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS update for ASUS P5GC-TVM-SI: Can anyone help me locate a BIOS update for this sad excuse for a motherboard. Current BIOS is 0501 (2007). I am having big issues trying to boot anything. 140015
  3. How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS firmware

in Windows 10 News
    How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS firmware: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time you need to reboot into the computer firmware, i.e., UEFI or BIOS. If your hardware keys are failing to boot you into BIOS or UEFI, you will need to do this. In this post, I will share [...] This post How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS...
  4. What these devices are supposed to do? Device Firmware, System Firmware, Microsoft Device...

What these devices are supposed to do? Device Firmware, System Firmware, Microsoft Device...: I am working on a UEFI based bare-metal Hypervisor that supports boot and reboot of Windows running as a guest alongside and RTOS/Linux. The complete UEFI (built from EDK2 repo on github) is re-run inside guest context to provide boot services to Windows Boot Manager....
  5. updating bios file in Windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updating bios file in Windows10: How do I do this nowadays, that is check and update bios or uefi on an MSI GF Thin 95SC ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-bios-file-in-windows10/bd27ae56-03ca-454d-9c17-218cdbc25eb8
  6. Update kills laptop BIOS (ASUS x505bp)

Update kills laptop BIOS (ASUS x505bp): Windows is trying to install the update "ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - Firmware - 5/30/2019 12:00:00 AM - 10.1.2.314.", Which it cannot install, and as a result, the bios of my laptop just breaks, I have to take it for repair , and pay money. Did I buy a licensed Windows in order...
  7. How do i switch the firmware to BIOS from EFI?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i switch the firmware to BIOS from EFI?: When trying to restore windows after a crash I get the error message "This PC is running EFI and the PC that created the restore ran on BIOS" this is after of course trying to salvage my situation a myriad of other ways, is it as simple as switching the firmware and if so how...
  8. What is BIOS? What is the significance that the most recent Windows Update upgraded my BIOS?

What is BIOS? What is the significance that the most recent Windows Update upgraded my BIOS?: Yesterday or the day before, Windows had an update that upgraded my from BIOS 11 to BIOS 12. What does that mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-bios-what-is-the-significance-that-the/6aa45b71-8f2e-4310-b5d9-58fc976d3aff
  9. Recent ASUS BIOS update mentions CPU microcode update.

Recent ASUS BIOS update mentions CPU microcode update.: Just thought I'd see if there was a new BIOS available for my new ASUS Prime Z370-A and there was one available dated 4th January. It mentioned some stability updates and a "microcode update for the CPU". Do we think this relates to the recent Meltdown and Spectre...
  10. Cant access BIOS - what to do now ?

Cant access BIOS - what to do now ?: I upgraded my Gigabyte Z77-D3H rev1.0 motherboard based PC to Win10 without any problem and it ran for months very well. Recently I installed a new graphics card MSI NVIDIA GTX970 and since then boot up has become very slow- On startup the motherboard graphic stays up for...