Windows 10: ASUS N551JK laptop - will not acknowledge installed CD player or external Bluray writer

Discus and support ASUS N551JK laptop - will not acknowledge installed CD player or external Bluray writer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I checked the driver information and for both it gives me the following error message: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tnorget, Jan 29, 2020.

1. tnorget Win User

ASUS N551JK laptop - will not acknowledge installed CD player or external Bluray writer

I checked the driver information and for both it gives me the following error message:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. Code 52

I tried putting the driver software on to a flash drive using an old laptop, but it tries to access a website that no longer exists.

Is there a safe place to get new drivers? Is this a virus issue? Windows doesn't seem to think so.

CD player - Matshita BD-CMB UJ172 S

Bluray writer - ASUS SBW-06D2X-U

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

:)

tnorget, Jan 29, 2020

2. Sony VAIO laptop Bluray Player/Writer

Hi,

Will the Sony VAIO laptop Bluray player/Writer work after installing Windows 10?

it is extremely important as i store some data on bluray writable discs.

It requires a licence from WINDVD BD which I have as part of purchasing a laptop with a bulit in bluray player/writer.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Sohail Qureshi, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player

Is there a compatible external cd/dvd writer/player that supports Windows 10? The only ones I see are supported up to Windows 8.

Golfaholic, Jan 29, 2020
  4. ASUS N551JK laptop - will not acknowledge installed CD player or external Bluray writer

Sony VAIO laptop Bluray Player/Writer

Salaam Sara,

Thank you fir the prompt reply.

However the reply is incredibly vague and does not answer my initial query and merely redirects me to a third party vendor. I came to Microsoft for help regarding their new OS. I expected/ still expect a more descriptive answer specific to my query.

I wanted to know if installing Windows 10 will my bluray player/ writer work?

I wanted to know if Windows 10 has built in support for Bluray as it does for DVD?

Please Reply.

Kind Regards,

Sohail Qureshi, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

ASUS N551JK laptop - will not acknowledge installed CD player or external Bluray writer

1. ASUS N551JK laptop - will not acknowledge installed CD player or external Bluray writer - Similar Threads - ASUS N551JK laptop

2. Problem installing external dvd player/writer on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem installing external dvd player/writer on my laptop: I got an external dvd player/writer for my laptop but Windows 10 won't let me install the software because it is not verified by Microsoft. what dvd player has software verified by Microsoft?...
  3. external drive cd/dvd player installation

external drive cd/dvd player installation: hi, please advise how to set up a new external drive cd/dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-cddvd-player-installation/74011b11-286d-4e2a-a09f-50887163dd15
  4. Laptop not acknowledging the external cd drive

Laptop not acknowledging the external cd drive: I have an HP I5 I think.... It didn't come with a cd player in it so I bought a external cd drive and when I hook it up to the laptop and insert a cd nothing happens the laptop doesn't recognize anything also I think that there isn't even CD/DVD software on the laptop. Any...
  5. External cd/dvd writer

External cd/dvd writer: I purchased a Verbatim Slimline cd/dvd writer and cannot get it installed on my Dell laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-writer/9b9479f9-7f37-419a-b192-df4925cbc8a9
  6. External CD player/burner

External CD player/burner: I have connected via USB a new CD burner. I can rip music, but it won't let me burn Connect a burner and restart the player. I've tried all of the suggestions, but it's not working....
  7. installing external cd player to laptop

installing external cd player to laptop: I purchased an external cd player for laptop, but it doesn't recognize , can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-external-cd-player-to-laptop/10db548e-2e1d-414d-afab-d7168edef3da
  8. BluRay player

BluRay player: Where can I download a Microsoft ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluray-player/3ab36b30-0ac0-49ca-b572-395641d573bc
  9. External DVD/CD player

External DVD/CD player: It will play CD's but not DVD's. How do I make it play DVD's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvdcd-player/9ccb57e6-b782-4b1c-b3f2-0d74c0a00020
  10. Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player

Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player: Is there a compatible external cd/dvd writer/player that supports Windows 10? The only ones I see are supported up to Windows 8. 20991