Windows 10: Asus N55SL Sonicmaster external subwoofer no longer works after windows 10 1809 build update

Discus and support Asus N55SL Sonicmaster external subwoofer no longer works after windows 10 1809 build update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI, so i use an Asus N55SL and one of the selling points on it is the B&O ICEpower sound system - personally it rivals the best of today's PC's - and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Johannes7642, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Asus N55SL Sonicmaster external subwoofer no longer works after windows 10 1809 build update

HI, so i use an Asus N55SL and one of the selling points on it is the B&O ICEpower sound system - personally it rivals the best of today's PC's - and in order to achieve the bass so well it uses an external subwoofer that you plug in, however, after the latest build of Windows 10 (1809) came out it hasn't worked since.

I've tried everything in my power to fix it and to no avail; from updating the audio drivers, reinstalling the drivers from the factory, removing the drivers completely and starting from scratch, even plugging it back in again, none of this makes a difference, despite the fact that I still get a notification on my screen telling me when the subwoofer is and isn't plugged in, it doesn't work. To see if it was an issue with the subwoofer instead I used a spare one with the exact same results, I even went as far as rolling back to the previous build of Windows 10 to try it and lo and behold, it worked fine straight away. I've been looking online for help but any threads I find on the matter are for older builds of Windows 10 and none fix the issue anymore.

I contacted Asus asking them about the issue and they pretty much just agreed that downgrading Windows does fix the issue so "the update might be interfering with the subwoofer" before directing me to contact Microsoft over the issue.

The driver in question is the Realtek High Definition Audio driver, updated to the latest (ver. 10.0.17763.1) and the sound comes out of the speakers but no subwoofer, and when pushed back to the factory version (ver. 6.0.1.6631) it used to work fine, I found how to keep it from updating and would work flawlessly, but now for some reason even if I'm using this version, the subwoofer no longer works.

It seems strange that a new build of Windows 10 completely blocks the use of my subwoofer outright, and it seems a waste to have a perfectly good sound system I can't use fully for no apparent reason. While I understand that in computer years, my computer is getting pretty old and to expect everything that worked with windows 7 would work now would be unreasonable. but I don't wanna give up without a fight, or at the very least I'd like to know why Microsoft has it out for my subwoofer. Because as I said earlier, the rest of the sound system works fine on any driver version all the time, it's JUST the subwoofer that's dead.

I understand that this is a very niche question but any help and fixes for my issue would be greatly appreciated, and if anymore infomation is required then feel free to say so, thanks!

Johannes

:)

Johannes7642, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Keub Win User

Asus Sonicmaster external subwoofer not working in windows 10

Hello,

The external asus sonicmaster subwoofer is not working with my windows 10. I'm using a N551JB asus notebook. The subwoofer doesn't get detected. I have tried installing the latest Realtek HD Audio and Intel drivers without any luck. Does anyone know if this
    can get fixed or will I have to wait for updated drivers?

Thanks.

3. Keub Win User

Hi,

thanks for your quick reply. Yes the audio plays normal with and without the sonicmaster subwoofer. I installed the latest realtek audio driver following the steps you provided but that didn't seem to work (even after restart). I've taken a look at asus'driver
    page and there doesn't seem to be any audio drivers yet. Guess I'll have to wait a while.

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=N551JB&p=3&s=712

4. Asus N55SL Sonicmaster external subwoofer no longer works after windows 10 1809 build update

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Before we proceed, we would like to know if you are able to play the audio normally, without
    Asus Sonic master subwoofer.

I suggest you to install the audio drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Asus N55SL Sonicmaster external subwoofer no longer works after windows 10 1809 build update

1. Asus N55SL Sonicmaster external subwoofer no longer works after windows 10 1809 build update - Similar Threads - Asus N55SL Sonicmaster

2. ASUS SONICMASTER X541N

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS SONICMASTER X541N: How can I restore windows boot manager in BIOS Utility? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-sonicmaster-x541n/e8813ae7-eac3-4bc3-9781-67b6c933ae90
  3. Asus Sonic master Subwoofer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Sonic master Subwoofer: Hey. Dug up this speaker (subject) and got and adapter to 3.5 aux from the original 2.5. tried it on my new pc. is there any way I can get the Sonic master subwoofer to work as an external speaker for my pc?...
  4. Auto tablet mode no longer working after 1809 build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto tablet mode no longer working after 1809 build: I recently installed the 1809 build in my Lenovo 2-in-1 laptop and ever since, when I fold the keyboard back for tablet mode, it doesn't automatically activate tablet mode nor does it deactivate the keyboard and trackpad. Is there anything I can do to fix this?...
  5. Windows 10 build 1809 Bluetooth icon gone after update and bluetooth no longer present in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 build 1809 Bluetooth icon gone after update and bluetooth no longer present in...: After a recent upgrade to Windows 10 1809 my bluetooth icon on/off has disappeared and it no longer shows in the device manager. Have tried to redownload drivers and turn bluetooth on auto in the services options. Anyone have a fix for this?...
  6. After 1803 to 1809 upgrade, Windows Update no longer works

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After 1803 to 1809 upgrade, Windows Update no longer works: On Friday, I upgraded a VirtualBox VM 1803 Professional x64 to 1809. When the upgrade was complete, I ran Windows Update, but it errored out after a long delay with ERROR_TIMEOUT (0x800705b4). I have tried a clean boot and resetting the Windows Update components. That did...
  7. Bluetooth speaker no longer working after update to Win 10 1809

Bluetooth speaker no longer working after update to Win 10 1809: Speaker Philips BT50B/37 stopped working after update to version 1809. The device pairs and connects, but there is no sound coming out of the speaker. If I try to manage audio in Skype, I get the message "there no device to manage". In Device manager I see 3 audio devices:...
  8. New upgrade Windows 10 on ASUS SonicMaster won't boot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New upgrade Windows 10 on ASUS SonicMaster won't boot: Hi, I could really use some advice here. I recently upgraded a laptop from 8.1 to 10 after restoring the equipment to factory settings (basically starting with a clean laptop). All went well. System booted without difficulty and I was in. Everything was going very well,...
  9. Subwoofer no longer automatically works after a restart

Subwoofer no longer automatically works after a restart: Hey all, I've ran into a very obnoxious new problem as of late. It appears that, every time I restart my computer, Windows refuses to output audio to my subwoofer-- until I go into my sound card software and toggle from 5.1, to stereo, then back to 5.1 again. Seeing as...
  10. ASUS N550JV external subwoofer not work!

ASUS N550JV external subwoofer not work!: Hi My laptop Windows was updated few days ago(Windows 10 - Version 1511 - OS Build 10586.104). And now external subwoofer do not work! Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. 44348

Users found this page by searching for:

1. n55sf subwoofer windows 10

2. asus n55sf subwoofer driver

3. asus sonic subwoofer not detected windows 10