Windows 10: ASUS N580VD laptop shuts down when I try to reinstall ACPI-Compliant Control Method...

Discus and support ASUS N580VD laptop shuts down when I try to reinstall ACPI-Compliant Control Method... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After restoring Windows 10 Battery is 0% (plugged in, not charging). I tried obvious solutions with taking the battery out, get rid of static... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alex_259, Jul 11, 2019 at 7:27 AM.

1. alex_259 Win User

ASUS N580VD laptop shuts down when I try to reinstall ACPI-Compliant Control Method...

After restoring Windows 10 Battery is 0% (plugged in, not charging). I tried obvious solutions with taking the battery out, get rid of static electricity etc.

When AC is unplugged battery is working OK despite the message "Your battery is very low". It could work for more than an hour. So, I think it's a problem with ACPI driver. When I try to reinstall it manually laptop shuts down.

There was a similar problem, but no solution was offered.

:)

2. Missing microsoft acpi-compliant battery control method

Hi Francis,

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery is a driver needed by Windows to communicate with your hardware. To troubleshoot the issue, follow the steps below:

• Remove the charger from your computer, then restart your device.
    • After your computer restarts, plugged in your charger. Check if the driver needed automatically reinstalled and addressed the issue.

Kindly send us a screenshot of your device manager, to provide your better assistance on addressing the issue. To send a screenshot, follow the instructions provided by
    Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] on this
    Forum Article

• Go to Device Manager > Expand Batteries.
    • If you can see Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, double-click then screenshot the General tab.

Keep us posted with the result.

3. Bree Win User
    Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method: What has to do with battery?

Yes, it is one of the things to try before deciding the battery is faulty. Uninstall it in Device Manager and scan for hardware changes. Device Manager will reinstall it again. ACPI stands for 'Advanced Configuration and Power Interface'.

Advanced Configuration and Power Interface - Wikipedia

4. ASUS N580VD laptop shuts down when I try to reinstall ACPI-Compliant Control Method...

Missing microsoft acpi-compliant battery control method

Hello! I am missing the driver Microsoft ACPI-compliant battery control method. This makes my computer shut down when I remove the charging cable or shows Battery charge level to be "0%". Help?...

FrancisDaPugtato_, Jul 11, 2019 at 7:32 AM
Thema:

ASUS N580VD laptop shuts down when I try to reinstall ACPI-Compliant Control Method...

1. ASUS N580VD laptop shuts down when I try to reinstall ACPI-Compliant Control Method... - Similar Threads - ASUS N580VD laptop

2. Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method: What has to do with battery?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method: What has to do with battery?: I bought for second time a battery replacement for my old laptop (2012). I don't know how exactly works laptop's battery market but it wasn't a original one. The battery brand is "Green Cell" and the model "PT6V8" After 2 months of using that battery I notices various issues...
  3. Screen Goes Dim (Microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Goes Dim (Microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery): I have just upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1, never had this issue until now. I basically want to have screen lighting set to the same, whether power cable is plugged in or not. I did everything as per online guides, but still, as soon as I unplug power cable, a screen goes...
  4. my laptop shut down when i remove the charger

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop shut down when i remove the charger: hi I have an hp laptop the product name is ''J3T7BEA'' I run a win 10 .this morning when I woke up I wanted to turn on my laptop but it didn't when I plugged in the charger it works but when I remove it, it turns off immediately so, please who can help me������...
  5. excessive ACPI compliant drivers

excessive ACPI compliant drivers: I am using windows 10 version 1709, there are 500 instances of Microsoft ACPI-Compliant system drivers in my device manager list, how can I delete some https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excessive-acpi-compliant-drivers/20eff58e-1e36-4033-8008-14fb3ca37161
  6. ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery - Laptop charge drops suddenly when enabled

ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery - Laptop charge drops suddenly when enabled: I use an HP laptop, a little over 1 year old. Since the last windows 10 update I have been facing a battery related problem. There is no problem when I have it plugged. But when on battery, although the functioning is normal as the charge goes from 100% to 50% (takes...
  7. ASUS N56JN - Shut Down when reinstall ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, Battery 0%...

ASUS N56JN - Shut Down when reinstall ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, Battery 0%...: Hello everyone. It is a week that i try to solve this problem. I have a laptop ASUS N56JN with Windows 10, re-installed today. I bought a new Rechargeable battery 4 days ago, because with the old one when i plugged out AC cable my computer shutdown, so i think that the...
  8. Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery

Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery: My Sony VAIO E-Series VPCEA36FM Notebook wouldn't recognize the battery, so i decided to go to another laptop and copy and paste the files on this laptop. Now the driver isn't working at all. Any help for this problem would be appreciated. Thanks!...
  9. My laptop shuts down when i click on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop shuts down when i click on restart: I am using lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Whenever I click on restart it shuts down the laptop. I have to press Power on button in order to start it.. How do i fix it?...
  10. Laptop not shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not shutting down: Hi my laptop doesn't shut down and I have to force shut it down for it to turn off I have turned quick start up off but it still doesn't shut down I have an Acer laptop 52040