Windows 10: ASUS’ new Windows 10 device comes with redesigned touchscreen trackpad

Discus and support ASUS’ new Windows 10 device comes with redesigned touchscreen trackpad in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; ASUS last year introduced the ZenBook Pro with a touchscreen trackpad called a ScreenPad. Today at the Computex, as part of its thirtieth-anniversary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 27, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

ASUS’ new Windows 10 device comes with redesigned touchscreen trackpad

ASUS last year introduced the ZenBook Pro with a touchscreen trackpad called a ScreenPad. Today at the Computex, as part of its thirtieth-anniversary celebration, the company announced a new range of laptops along with ScreenPad 2.0.

The original ScreenPad on the ZenBook Pro was found to have a bad interface and it had its own issues. The ScreenPad had to be set to 50 percent brightness which reduced battery backup to just four and a half hours.

With the new ScreenPad 2.0, ASUS has worked on these issues. The mini screen now uses CPU’s integrated graphics that allow the device to save 2.5 times more power than its predecessor. The battery backup has now improved to 9 hours.

You can now also draft Windows app from the main display to the touchpad and process is now significantly faster. The ScreenPad 2.0 comes with a 5.65-inch display.

The company has worked on the interface by making it more intuitive and behave more like a smartphone OS. New Home and back button have been added at the bottom of the screen along with shortcuts to launch your favourite tools.

Users will be able to reorganize the app grid on a smaller screen by dragging the apps or delete by long pressing them and tapping the “X” which appears over the jiggling icons.

ASUS has also added a new button on the bottom left of the screen to let you activate trackpad mode. The company is also working on a new feature that will allow customers to quickly trigger the trackpad mode by swiping three fingers across the panel.

The company has confirmed that the ScreenPad 2.0 is expected to arrive on the ZenBook 13, 14, 15, and the ZenBook Flip 15 this year, as well as the less-premium VivoBooks S14 and S15.

The post ASUS’ new Windows 10 device comes with redesigned touchscreen trackpad appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 27, 2019
  2. ScotGill Win User

Trackpad stops working 5 minutes after starting up computer (Windows 10)

I have the same issue on a Toshiba Satellite S55t-B5152 laptop. The touchpad worked in Windows 8.1. After the upgrade to Windows 10, the trackpad functions at the login screen and for the first minute or so after logging into Windows. After that, nothing.

The touchscreen works, as will a USB mouse, but I much prefer the trackpad. I tried the suggestions listed by the Microsoft engineer in the other reply, but they did not work.

Any other suggestions?

ScotGill, May 27, 2019
  3. sueycoo Win User
    Asus Trackpad Not Working

Hi, my trackpad on my Asus N550jk isn't working despite uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and rolling back drivers. Please help.

Oh and for some reason the Asus console has the trackpad grayed out for some reason.

UPDATE: mouse properties currently says "this device cannot start (code 10) insufficient system resources to start API"

sueycoo, May 27, 2019
  4. ASUS’ new Windows 10 device comes with redesigned touchscreen trackpad

Asus X205TA - System Recovery - Keyboard, trackpad and other devices not working

I wanted to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 on the Asus X205TA.

Steps that I did

1.- Create a bootable USB with Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

2. Run the USB as a boot drive to start the installation.

3.- In the installation screen, not let me use the trackpad to perform the following steps so I connected a wireless mouse.

4.- I proceeded with the installation, but also I erased all partitions.

5.- After having the hard drive erased completely I proceeded to install Windows.

6.- The installation process is correct.

7.- To configure the equipment not let me use the keyboard so I use the on-screen keyboard.

8.- After completing the installation and configuration, not let me use the mouse, keyboard, does not recognize the audio device.

The keyboard does work, because to access the list of boot devices I must press the "Esc" key and it works, also to enter the BIOS works, but once the operating system starts I no longer allow to make use of the devices that make
    up the computer.

I tried to boot a bootable USB with Windows 8.1 but will not let me make use of the trackpad and keyboard.

The computer is UEFI.

I do not know what else to do.

ItsJorgeRazo, May 27, 2019
Thema:

ASUS’ new Windows 10 device comes with redesigned touchscreen trackpad

1. ASUS’ new Windows 10 device comes with redesigned touchscreen trackpad - Similar Threads - ASUS’ device comes

2. asus trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asus trackpad not working: I have an 'asus tuf dash f15' and recently when i went to use my laptop today the trackpad doesn't seem to be working at all. my keyboard still works though and any mouse plugged in through usb works fine.I have - - turned trackpad off and back on- checked for driver updates-...
  3. asus trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    asus trackpad not working: I have an 'asus tuf dash f15' and recently when i went to use my laptop today the trackpad doesn't seem to be working at all. my keyboard still works though and any mouse plugged in through usb works fine.I have - - turned trackpad off and back on- checked for driver updates-...
  4. Windows 10 redesign

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 redesign: The Sun Valley update brings me lots of excitement, but but what I'm wondering is, when will Microsoft fully implement Fluent Design? The old GUIs, like File Explorer and the context menu, really need to be redesigned with Fluent Design, but I don't think it's coming with the...
  5. Asus Zenbook UX305FA Trackpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asus Zenbook UX305FA Trackpad: Hi everyone, I'm trying to get two-finger scrolling and right-clicking working on the trackpad. Currently, it's just the Microsoft generic drivers operating the device and the multitouch functionality isn't working. The device ID is ACPI\VEN_SYN&DEV_0A06, though, I suspect...
  6. Asus trackpad wont disable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus trackpad wont disable: Yeah, I'm fully aware of the other threads about this very issue, but not a single one has helped. fn+f9 doesn't work. Neither does updating or uninstalling the drivers. The options to disable the trackpad simply just aren't there. It's frustrating because the trackpad had...
  7. Asus Trackpad Not Working

Asus Trackpad Not Working: Hi, my trackpad on my Asus N550jk isn't working despite uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and rolling back drivers. Please help. Oh and for some reason the Asus console has the trackpad grayed out for some reason....
  8. driver touchscreen asus for windows 10

driver touchscreen asus for windows 10: hi I changed my windows system & can,t download driver touchscreen asus for windows 10-64 enterprise. my model pc is asus all in one ET 2210i. please helpe me....
  9. Can't disable trackpad on Asus Windows 10

Can't disable trackpad on Asus Windows 10: Recently, I've noticed that the trackpad has been turning on despite having a mouse plugged in. I'm currently not sure on how to disable the trackpad. If anyone could be of help, that would be appreciated. 16703
  10. ASUS X202E Win 10 touchscreen

ASUS X202E Win 10 touchscreen: I acquired an ASUS X202E with cracked touchscreen and Win 10, replaced touchscreen but it does not work. Anyone have this system that touchscreen works with Win 10 ASUS says Win 10 not supported 54299