Windows 10: Asus notebook stopped waking up few days ago, have to hard reset

Discus and support Asus notebook stopped waking up few days ago, have to hard reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Simply, it used to wake up, I mean the screen stays black now. powercfg /devicequery wake_armed returns NONE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, May 12, 2020.

1. Asus notebook stopped waking up few days ago, have to hard reset

Simply, it used to wake up, I mean the screen stays black now.
    powercfg /devicequery wake_armed returns NONE
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-ed98a8736a06

Following their advice, there is no power control settings listed for keyboard, nor is there any change settings showing in device manager. And they dont describe "method 1", he just says follow it. Since it used to work fine, I suppose a windows update broke something. I am running latest windows 10

:)

sdowney717, May 12, 2020

2. Notebook won't wake from sleep

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that the ASUS 56C notebook won’t wake after sleep mode. This might be due to the corruption of Power management.

I suggest you to try running the Power Troubleshooter to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Run the Power troubleshooter on the system.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter
    Further you can try creating a new power plan according to your preference. Refer the link below for more details on Power Plans.

Power Plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

(Steps in the article, applies to Windows 10).

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display drivers on your computer and check if it helps. Refer the below steps to update the driver.

Press “Windows + X” and select Device manager.

Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

Right click on the driver icon and click on
    Update.

Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Also refer the below link for the same

K56CM Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS Global

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 12, 2020
  3. Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation

My desktop machine keeps waking itself up from hibernation, usually during the night, despite my having taken all reasonable steps to stop it. I have:
    • disabled waking on network, mouse and RTC in BIOS setup
    • disabled wake on mouse and network in device manager (and checked with powercfg -devicequery wake_armed)
    • disabled "allow wake timers" for all power plans
    It doesn't however wake itself up from S5 (shutdown). I also tried leaving it in S3 sleep for over 24 hours and it didn't wake up, although that's not long enough to be certain that it never would.

Unfortunately my records in Event Viewer only go back a bit over a week to my upgrade to Windows 10, but I did notice a pattern in the first few days of waking at around 00:17 or 00:18 in the morning. Event Viewer suggested that this was due to mcupdate_scheduler, which was scheduled to run at 00:19, so I changed the trigger (following some instructions from Microsoft), but the next night the machine woke earlier, at 23:45. Unfortunately event viewer had no idea what caused that particular event. And today I have just run powercfg -waketimer and apparently there is a task \blah\blah\updateorchestrator\reboot which requires waking the machine just after 02:00 tomorrow morning. Clearly trying to change each individual trigger is a hopeless game of whack-a-mole which will sooner or later result in my wrecking something. How on earth can I stop my machine waking up?

ricecrispies, May 12, 2020
  4. Chadi Win User

Asus notebook stopped waking up few days ago, have to hard reset

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Asus notebook stopped waking up few days ago, have to hard reset [​IMG]

Chadi, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Asus notebook stopped waking up few days ago, have to hard reset

1. Asus notebook stopped waking up few days ago, have to hard reset - Similar Threads - Asus notebook stopped

2. Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.: Hey,Ctrl+R to reload on any browser is not working, I use F5 now for this, I am a developer and i need to use ctrl+r. I have uninstalled recent windows update to check if thats causing issue, But no luck, I also checked the NVDIA geforce experience if its overtaken the...
  3. Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.: Hey,Ctrl+R to reload on any browser is not working, I use F5 now for this, I am a developer and i need to use ctrl+r. I have uninstalled recent windows update to check if thats causing issue, But no luck, I also checked the NVDIA geforce experience if its overtaken the...
  4. Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. VPN won't connect since a few days ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN won't connect since a few days ago: So for the last few days I have tried everything to fix this, but I found no fix to the issue of the VPN not working. I tried the provider even but it does work with older versions of Windows 11 64-bit. Does anyone know why it doesn't work suddenly?Information:Windows 11...
  6. Windows Update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update a few days ago: Hello one and all, A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my apps. They are not working or audio not heard. I went to the virtual chat yesterday evening, and was told they were connecting...
  7. Last windows update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Last windows update a few days ago: Since the windows 10 update a few days ago, a lot of my Microsoft products do not seem to be working properly. It seems odd to me that they release these updates before they see how they react with programs etc that they manage. Like Microsoft Solitaire. It keeps turning...
  8. Microphone has suddenly stopped working a few days ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone has suddenly stopped working a few days ago: Hello, recently my microphone stopped working when using discord, all my other audio works fine but my microphone won't emit anything. This isn't exclusive to discord either, if I go to the recording and playback window and click on listen to this device it just outputs...
  9. My Laptop is having major issues again even though I've reset it a few days ago

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Laptop is having major issues again even though I've reset it a few days ago: My laptop is really starting to annoy me. I don't know what I did but my storage keeps having problems. I downloaded a game that was 14 gb and my storage was at 358. I tried to delete it after as my storage was supposed to be 372 or so and see if it would fix itself. It...
  10. Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.: Title. Plugging an external keyboard in and pressing the windows key seems to work, pressing the windows button on my mouse seems to bring up the start menu. Only problem is with the laptop keyboard. I've taken the key off, checked it and everything. No problems there: No...