Windows 10: Asus One 10, after showing logo, boots into a black screen with only a cursor. I can only...

Discus and support Asus One 10, after showing logo, boots into a black screen with only a cursor. I can only... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As per the title, my computer has the main issue that I can't get past right now. I fixed the first issue, a restart loop, via commands. I also tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John______Smith, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Asus One 10, after showing logo, boots into a black screen with only a cursor. I can only...

As per the title, my computer has the main issue that I can't get past right now. I fixed the first issue, a restart loop, via commands. I also tried to boot with USB stick I also reordered the priority in BIOS yet it still didn't work.

The black screen obviously isn't a connection or driver issue since it can show the main logo and troubleshooting panel. It worked before, too.

I think the issue began a few years back when I attempted to erase the computer to factory settings to give to a relative of mine, but for some reason the erase failed and that is how the first issue, the restart loop, occurred. I gave up for a few years as I had a new computer, but I'd like to figure out how to get this one working again as it would be quite handy.

Also, I don't need to back up data or anything because it's all gone, all I'd like is to be able to get the computer to not have the black screen. If that happened, I think I'll be able to boot from the USB stick. Though, what exactly does this mean? I don't want to have the USB stick as the drive, I want Windows to be reinstalled to the computer hard drive. I think that's the issue - that Windows is gone.

:)

John______Smith, Apr 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 black screen with only cursor showing

i got a new monitor. when booting it i see the normal start up asus load, after it just shows a black screen with a visible controllable cursor . no windows logo, just black.

soler66369, Apr 14, 2021
  3. BetsyCole Win User
    Black screen with blinking cursor

I run Windows 10 and have a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. I can hit Control, Alt, Delete, and it reboots momentarily, show the Dell logo and F2 Setup anf F12 Boot Options in the lower right corner. Regardless of what key
    I hit, it goes right back to the Black screen w/ cursor. I can't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

BetsyCole, Apr 14, 2021
  4. ilg3 Win User

Asus One 10, after showing logo, boots into a black screen with only a cursor. I can only...

30-60 second black screen with cursor on boot

This has been happening ever since I upgraded to 10 about 2 weeks ago. I start the computer, 3 second ASUS logo, then windows 10 logo comes up and it loads for about 10-20 seconds, then I get a black screen with a cursor for 30-60 seconds, followed by another loading screen and finally the login screen. About the same boot time I had on 7 except for the long black screen. I can move the cursor around during the black screen, and it sometimes has the blue loading circle next to it.
    I've tried disabling fast startup and my video drivers are up to date. Device manager doesn't show more than one display adapter, but it does show 4 monitors if I show hidden devices. My BenQ monitor in DVI-D and Generic PnP monitor, which is my TV plugged into the DVI-I port on my 770, and then a hidden copy of each of those. I usually have the TV off with display on my BenQ, but windows seems to think the BenQ is the second monitor, calling the TV the PC screen when I check windows key + P. I don't know if that's relevant or not, but it caused a problem during my win10 install (windows switched to the TV display mid-install.) I tried switching the display ports while booting up but I still had the black screen
    Anyone have ideas? I've googled this quite a bit but can't find an answer, just similar problems

Thema:

Asus One 10, after showing logo, boots into a black screen with only a cursor. I can only...

1. Asus One 10, after showing logo, boots into a black screen with only a cursor. I can only... - Similar Threads - Asus showing logo

2. Computer only showing black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer only showing black screen with cursor: Last night I was playing a game on my computer when the screen froze. After a waiting a while I just decided to turn the whole computer off. When I turned it back on after the loading screen (white spinning dots) it goes straight to a black screen. I can move the cursor but...
  3. Windows 10 black screen with only cursor showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen with only cursor showing: Hello. I'm unable to log into my PC because when trying to turn it on i'm not presented with the normal log in page. I've tried ctl+alt+del and nothing shows up. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance...
  4. Can see only black screen and cursor after updating

Can see only black screen and cursor after updating: After updating my windows 10 when I restarted my system, it got stuck while booting itself showing status of 14 percent updated. The update status didn't changed for about 2 hrs and so I forcefully turned it off. When I restarted ,I was able to see only black screen with...
  5. PC showing black screen with only mouse cursor

PC showing black screen with only mouse cursor: Hi Today I tried to power on the system when the system started it didn't show any Windows logo and only blank screen appears with cursor the cursor can be moved but nothing is shown on the screen. I am using the Windows 10....
  6. Black screen and cursor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen and cursor only: I have black screen and cursor only Tried opening task manager to run a new task to add in explorer.exe. Task manager then decides to close when i hit run new task. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated 84632
  7. Black Screen After Boot Logo No Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen After Boot Logo No Cursor: Hi, here is my journey. All was good and well, until my Windows 7 on another drive gave me an NTOSKRNL.EXE error (fixed now). My Windows 10 booted fine at this point, but after entering my password, it was stuck on "logging in" for quite some time. I forced a reboot, and then...
  8. Windows 10 Black Screen only cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Black Screen only cursor: So I have a laptop with a onboard and dedicated graphics and I just installed the nividia graphic card drivers and everything was ok when I restarted my laptop black screen with only cursor showing up I googled about my problem but none helped fixing it I tried going safe...
  9. Windows 10 boots to black screen, no cursor, only sound.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boots to black screen, no cursor, only sound.: Hello there, Ever since i upgraded to the latest consumer build for W10Pro. The following issue occurs while booting: Windows 10 boots to the infamous black screen, but then nothing happens. Only windows 10 beeps can be heard when i press the mouse or spacebar. The only...
  10. Windows 10 black screen with cursor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor only: I've seen similar problems but I haven't found any solution yet. After I bootup my desktop shows then after a few minutes it turns into a black screen with cursor only. Ctrl+alt+delete is working and I managed to get into file explorer by "open file location" in task...