Windows 10: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Compatibility with Windows 10

Discus and support Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Compatibility with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been running Windows 7 on a P8Z68 Deluxe with an i7 2600k cpu for some years. Getting old but it performs well. It looks like this combo may not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MJF, Jun 12, 2017.

1. MJF
    MJF Win User

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Compatibility with Windows 10

I've been running Windows 7 on a P8Z68 Deluxe with an i7 2600k cpu for some years. Getting old but it performs well.
    It looks like this combo may not be compatible with Windows 10. I'd appreciate any comments.

:)

2. ChrisD88 Win User

Windows 10 and Drivers for P8Z68-DELUXE GEN3

I have an ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE GEN3 motherboard and the Asus website doesn't list Windows 10 as an option for the driver downloads. I'm looking to install Windows 10 today and I'm wondering if there's somewhere I can download the appropriate drivers or does
    Windows 10 have drivers that'll allow things to function properly on its own? I realize it's an old mobo but I can't afford to upgrade at this moment. Thanks for any help.

ChrisD88, Jun 12, 2017
  3. Slions Win User
    Windows 10 and Drivers for P8Z68-DELUXE GEN3

More than 132 people came to this forum to report that they have the same Sleep and Hibernate problem.

Asus/Microsoft/Intel really need to do something about it.

I bought that P8Z68 motherboard in September 2012. That's just 3 years before Windows 10.

It means that when Windows 10 was first released the motherboard was still under warranty.

They can't just say "no sorry it's not supported". Sleep and Hibernate are essential energy saving and environmentally friendly features that should be working long after the warranty period expired. What is happening here is programmed obsolescence and
    that's punishable by law. It's now more than 2 years since Windows 10 was released, that should have been more than enough time to fix the issue.

I've contacted Asus about the problem. I'll consider legal actions if they are unwilling to solve it as this is just unacceptable.

EDIT:

It turns out my problem had nothing to do with Asus and that P8Z68 DELUXE motherboard.

My hibernation file size was too small, running the following command as admin fixed it for me:

powercfg -h -size 100%

See the following
    post for more info

Slions, Jun 12, 2017
  4. sygnus21 Win User

There use to be a compatibility check 10 performed before install, but I can't remember if this still happens. If it still does I probably never noticed because my system is good.

That said, I did a Win 10 build for a family member a few years back on an Intel 975 BX board and an Intel Q6600 processor....

• CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 SYSTEM
    • ANTEC PERFORMANCE SERIES II COMPUTER CASE SX1040BLL
    • INTEL MOTHERBOARD BOXD975XBX2KR
    • INTEL PROCESSOR CORE 2 QUAD Q6600
    • ZALMAN CPU COOLER CNPS9500 AT
    • CORSAIR DDR2 DOMINATOR MEMORY (4GIG) TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF
    • ATI (XFX) HD 4890 VIDEO CARD - PCI-E (1 GHz)
    • WESTERN DIGITAL SATA HD - CAVIAR BLACK (500 GIG)
    • LITEON DVD DRIVE (SATA)
    • ANTEC ATX 550W POWER SUPPLY NEO HE 550
    and last I checked, it was still running good to this day. My family member is in another state. Anyway when I built the system I ran into no big issues, so...

Anyway seeing your system is getting long in the tooth, I'd probably be looking to upgrade. 10 would definitely perform better on new tech. The system I built for my family member was just some old parts lying around and I wanted to see what 10 would do on it. Today I wouldn't use such an old build, especially with the latest iteration of 10 (Creator).

Like everything else, it depends or software & hardware installed, plus availability of drivers.

That's my answer. Good luck.

sygnus21, Jun 12, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Why not make a backup image of your Windows 7 (and you should have a backup anyway) and just try it?

NavyLCDR, Jun 12, 2017
  6. bobkn Win User
    The Asus support page lists Win 10 X64. Other than Realtek audio drivers, none are offered. That suggests that most of the necessary drivers are included in the Windows installation or through Windows Update.

I think it should work just fine.

bobkn, Jun 12, 2017
  7. MJF
    MJF Win User
    Thanks bobkn. I saw that on the Asus site and I guess the other drivers are the unknown.
    I have many Windows 7 system images but wouldn't want to buy an OEM non SLP license just to try it out - but I may need to.
    As far as I can see the i7 2600k specs close to the i5 7600k . Both have 4 cores but the 2600k has 8 threads so it's still a good cpu.

8. NilSatis Win User

Mine is a p8p67 with a 2500k, and aside from recent other drivers....i.e Creative Sb ones, the pc functions great on windows 10. You wont have any problems.

NilSatis, Jun 12, 2017
  9. bobkn Win User
    I have no personal knowledge of this, but it's possible that you can still do a free upgrade from 7 to 10.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-h...ws-10-upgrade/

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Compatibility with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Asus P8Z68 Deluxe

2. Asus P8Z68 lw no audio from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus P8Z68 lw no audio from speakers: Hi, I have a PC with a P8Z68 lw motherboard running windows 11 and 7. When I try to plug in a speaker or headphones it doesn't work only static plays. In settings everything looks like it should work on both os's. I have tried reinstalling audio and graphics drivers however...
  3. Asus P8Z68 lw no audio from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus P8Z68 lw no audio from speakers: Hi, I have a PC with a P8Z68 lw motherboard running windows 11 and 7. When I try to plug in a speaker or headphones it doesn't work only static plays. In settings everything looks like it should work on both os's. I have tried reinstalling audio and graphics drivers however...
  4. ASUS p8p67 deluxe in stall win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS p8p67 deluxe in stall win 10: Help. I have a ASUS p8p67 deluxe with a 2600k chip and can’t get win 10 to install. I have tried 3 different hard drives , one a new Samsung ssd. Tried upgrade from win 7 pro. Also tried clean install. No luck. I know im missing something cause this is more than enough cpu...
  5. Asus P5K Deluxe WiFi Motherboard

Asus P5K Deluxe WiFi Motherboard: Hi all - my first post *Smile I've built many PCs for my friends and family including my own. At the back end of last year I completely rebuilt my PC with a new motherboard, cpu and memory etc. - I used the same case. My son now wants me to build him a cheap PC and I'm...
  6. Is Windows 10 compatible with Asus Pro P1440FB?

Is Windows 10 compatible with Asus Pro P1440FB?: Is Windows 10 compatible with Asus Pro P1440FB?and Asus Pro P1440FA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-10-compatible-with-asus-pro-p1440fb/568b3b85-2fdb-47a1-a89a-5064f46e9c18
  7. are there anyone today using windows 10 with asus p6t v2 deluxe?

are there anyone today using windows 10 with asus p6t v2 deluxe?: if yes what versions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-there-anyone-today-using-windows-10-with-asus/81bda681-1693-4412-b28a-4405fa356057
  8. ASUS Motherboard compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Motherboard compatibility: My Asus MB (M4A89GTD PRO/USB3) is about 5 years old. I have successfully upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10. However, running on Win 10 my PC frequently locks up and has to be re-booted. As a result I down-graded to Win 7 and now all is ok. ASUS does not include this board in...
  9. Install Windows 10 Pro Creators Edition On ASUS P5WD2 Deluxe?

Install Windows 10 Pro Creators Edition On ASUS P5WD2 Deluxe?: Hello: I have an old home-built PC, with an ASUS P5WD2 Deluxe motherboard, BIOS 0806 BETA (from 01/14/2010, which is the latest BIOS version available), 4Gb RAM, Pentium 4, 3.2GHz, running Windows XP Pro x32. She has worked perfectly, solidly and continuously for 14...
  10. Is Asus K73e-BBR7 Compatible with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Asus K73e-BBR7 Compatible with Windows 10: Hi Everyone! I have been told by Asus that, according to their chart, my Asus laptop (K73e-bbr7) with Windows 7, is not compatible with the Windows 10 upgrade, and that updating may render parts of my laptop unworkable. (In other words, upgrade at your own risk!) Does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. p8z68 deluxe drivers

2. asus p8z68 deluxe still good

3. is a p8z68 mobo compatible with windows 10

4. p8z68 deluxe/gen3 install windows 10,
  5. P8Z68 Deluxe drivers windows 10,
  6. p8z68 delux windows 10,
  7. asus p8z68 deluxe,
  8. p8z68 pro compatible with windows 10,
  9. p8z68 deluxe win 10 drivers