Windows 10: Asus P9X79

Discus and support Asus P9X79 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to update the BIOS with no luck it currently has UEFI BIOS version 1203 , I am running Windows 10 build 19043.928 With 34Gig of RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nightowl17, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Asus P9X79

I have been trying to update the BIOS with no luck it currently has UEFI BIOS version 1203 , I am running Windows 10 build 19043.928 With 34Gig of RAM , I can bring up the CAP file but it will not bring up The update ,Again it is a Asus P9X79 MB Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

nightowl17, Jun 21, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe

I do not have exact info on future products at this time. What I can say is that every Intel X79 Express board I have seen supports PCIe 3.0, which should be the only requirement currently for Ivy-bridge support.

As mentioned, I am also using this board for memory reviews right now, so I'll be sure to be staying on top of any updates that may affect functionality, including looking at PCIe 3.0 devices when they become available.

If you are not overclocking, a standard case install should provide more than adequate cooling. The issues with cooling stem from overclocking, and the fact these CPUs can consume an easy 250 W, even @ just 4.4 GHz. I would really suggest to those looking for long term overclocks over 4.0 GHz, that they use watercooling with a block on the board's VRMs as well. But at stock, the 130 W consumed doesn't have that large of an impact.

And that applies to any board, not just the ASUS P9X79 Deluxe. If anything, the large coolers used on the ASUS P9X79 Deluxe make cooling less of an issue than with some other products.

cadaveca, Jun 21, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    ASUS P9X79 Deluxe

When most people think of ASUS, they immediately think of the "ROG" product line, one that has set itself apart from the rest due to extensive functionality, and top-level overclocking ability. however, ASUS does have a few other products out there that offer the same, if not more, and the ASUS P9X79 Deluxe that recently arrived on our doorstep is definitely one of those products. Boasting ASUS's improved "Dual Intelligent Processors III" VRM design, the ASUS P9X79 Deluxe offers performance customization abilities that few other products do, easily setting it apart form the rest.

Show full review

cadaveca, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Asus P9X79

halfwaythere, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Asus P9X79

1. Asus P9X79 - Similar Threads - Asus P9X79

2. AUX PORT not working ASUS Chromebox 3 Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AUX PORT not working ASUS Chromebox 3 Windows 11: Hello members, I have an issue with my ASUS CHROMEBOX 3... i have installed fresh copy of windows 11 and the aux port is not working it was working previously and it was running with windows 11 os so i know it can work with windows 11... i have downloaded two drivers one...
  3. AUX PORT not working ASUS Chromebox 3 Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AUX PORT not working ASUS Chromebox 3 Windows 11: Hello members, I have an issue with my ASUS CHROMEBOX 3... i have installed fresh copy of windows 11 and the aux port is not working it was working previously and it was running with windows 11 os so i know it can work with windows 11... i have downloaded two drivers one...
  4. Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...: I'm reaching out for some help regarding a persistent and baffling problem with my ASUS ROG Strix G17 G713PV-HX050, powered by an AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX, RTX 4060,144Hz ,64GB RAM, dual 512GB SSDsI bought it new and after some time Windows has updated and replaced my original AMD...
  5. Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...

Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...: I'm reaching out for some help regarding a persistent and baffling problem with my ASUS ROG Strix G17 G713PV-HX050, powered by an AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX, RTX 4060,144Hz ,64GB RAM, dual 512GB SSDsI bought it new and after some time Windows has updated and replaced my original AMD...
  6. windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode: hello there,i tried to switch off s mode on my new Asus windows 11 home, in all possible ways, but everytime i follow the instructions, i get the prompt: Sorry, something went wrong. We're trying to make it right. Please refresh or try again later. How can I solve this...
  7. windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode

windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode: hello there,i tried to switch off s mode on my new Asus windows 11 home, in all possible ways, but everytime i follow the instructions, i get the prompt: Sorry, something went wrong. We're trying to make it right. Please refresh or try again later. How can I solve this...
  8. Tablet function missing from Asus Zenbook after reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet function missing from Asus Zenbook after reinstall: I have an Asus Zenbook Flip 13. The camera wasn't working for a long time so they replaced the whole screen but the camera was still not working. So they did BIOS update and not it works. However, the tablet mode has completely gone missing from the computer. Autorotation is...
  9. Tablet function missing from Asus Zenbook after reinstall

Tablet function missing from Asus Zenbook after reinstall: I have an Asus Zenbook Flip 13. The camera wasn't working for a long time so they replaced the whole screen but the camera was still not working. So they did BIOS update and not it works. However, the tablet mode has completely gone missing from the computer. Autorotation is...
  10. ASUS P9X79 PRO I7-3930K CPU Win 10 Random Freeze Ups Getting Worse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS P9X79 PRO I7-3930K CPU Win 10 Random Freeze Ups Getting Worse: For the last month or so I have been having an issue with my rig.. It used to be where everyone once in a while, I'll be doing some work in File Manager and I just lose all mouse/kb control... The machine doesn't appear to lock up or appear to be frozen, it's like I simply...