Windows 10: Asus PCE AC68 suddenly stopped working and unable to connect on computer operating on...

Discus and support Asus PCE AC68 suddenly stopped working and unable to connect on computer operating on... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had been working on this connectivity issue for two days when I was fortunate enough to find the resolve in a post made back in 2017 by screen name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by boilermaker73, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Asus PCE AC68 suddenly stopped working and unable to connect on computer operating on...

I had been working on this connectivity issue for two days when I was fortunate enough to find the resolve in a post made back in 2017 by screen name klabel012. After exhausting every possible solution offered online from checking my network adapter/Wi-Fi card, driver, windows troubleshooter, you name it, I tried everything leaving no stone unturned. As all my other devices worked/connected to the internet without problem, after the time I had spent checking everything out, the only logical conclusion pointed to the windows updates made over the past month or two that must have done something to prevent my Asus PCE-AC68 802.11ac wifi card to suddenly stop working in which event I was no longer able to connect to the internet on my desktop computer. Fortunately, the resolve provided by klabel012 back in 2017 worked like a charm. As I am well versed in building/refurbishing desktop and laptop computers in which event I can usually find the solution to most problems, this one had me stumped in which event I hate to admit that I don't believe I would have ever been able to figure this one out by myself, a first in all my years working with computers. Sorry for the long dissertation. However since the previous post was closed, I wanted to personally thank 'klabel012' for the solution provided back in 2017. I only wish I could communicate directly to tell him/her. Anyway for anyone running into the same situation the resolve provided by klabel012 was as follows: 'Hit windows button and R. Then type msconfig. Go to boot tab. then click advanced options. then look for pci lock on the left side. check that box. It then asks to restart. It worked immediately.' It worked like a charm! To think that not even MS was able to provide the answer to this issue is inexcusable since I have no doubt they're updates cause problems like this to begin with. While I cannot say enough about the solution provided by klabel012's brother, he must have been in a class of his own as a former computer tech. I only wish I knew what MS update is responsible and how the heck klabel's brother figured this one out. Last but not least if klabel happens to read this, he/she may contact me at my website email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Once again, I cannot thank you enough for the solution to this problem.

:)

boilermaker73, Feb 28, 2021
  2. slewis75 Win User

Updated computer now Asus PCE AC68 will not work

Hi there,

I am having the same issue. I installed the latest update to Windows 10 and my ASUS PCE-AC68 stopped working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have changed the slot the card is installed in and nothing has worked. Any updates on this issue would be
    greatly appreciated.

slewis75, Feb 28, 2021
  3. ASUS PCE-AC68

I am unable to connect my Win 10 computer to the wifi. I am using an ASUS PCE-AC68 adaptor. My son who is a professional tekkie has spent hours trying to make it work, without success, doing all the things Windows tells you to do. It appears to install
    nicely. But when I try to install the router password, many times, the software says: "unable to connect to the network." Internet provider is adament their system is not at fault, and to be fair, all my other devices connect to the wifi. But not this one.
    This is a brand new drive and a brand new Win 10 install to the solid state drive C. Apparently, there are compatability issues between Asus, Broadcom, who make part of the device, and Microsoft. Can you offer me a solution? I have spent a week on this and
    I am not impressed with any of the afore-mentioned three brands. HELP!

Jingleman1, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Asus PCE AC68 suddenly stopped working and unable to connect on computer operating on...

Updated computer now Asus PCE AC68 will not work

In the end, I moved the PCE-AC68 to a Fedora-based linux box and bought a new PCE-AC88 for my Windows box. It installed properly and is working. So my repurposed PCE-AC68 is working fine, and my new PCE-AC88 is also working fine. I realize that's not
    a valid solution for everyone, but for those of us who have to have our systems functional immediately, that one will work. What's nice about Linux is that once hardware is supported, it seems to be supported forever without undue breakage -- a philosophy
    sadly lacking from Microsoft. Microsoft might take a page from IBM's backward - compatibility philosophy, and assure that once hardware works under Windows, Windows won't break that hardware. That's why IBM implemented the 7090 microcode in S360 -- they
    allowed their customers to run really ancient operating systems and business software on modern hardware without problems.

Best wishes to those plagued with this problem.

DouglasCCampbell, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Asus PCE AC68 suddenly stopped working and unable to connect on computer operating on...

1. Asus PCE AC68 suddenly stopped working and unable to connect on computer operating on... - Similar Threads - Asus PCE AC68

2. Computer WiFi suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer WiFi suddenly stopped working: Hi one day my computer’s WiFi stopped working. At first when I went into device manager there was a yellow error sign next to the Intel Wireless AC 9560 160mhz adapter. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it and reset the computer, but after a few of those tries it vanished...
  3. Asus PCE-AX58BT not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus PCE-AX58BT not working: I installed the card to the motherboard and connected the USB however after I downloaded the drivers it didn't work. When I look in Device Manager under Network adapters it isn't showing up, what do I do?...
  4. ASUS usb AC68 wifi adapter not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ASUS usb AC68 wifi adapter not working.: I've had this adapter for ages. Had a problem with the pc. Took it to a friend's house to fix it. Didn't bring the adapter. Had to use his adapter/install new driver when I got to his house. When I came home I set my pc back up and it wasn't picking up the WiFi. When I go...
  5. ASUS PCE-AC68

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS PCE-AC68: I am unable to connect my Win 10 computer to the wifi. I am using an ASUS PCE-AC68 adaptor. My son who is a professional tekkie has spent hours trying to make it work, without success, doing all the things Windows tells you to do. It appears to install nicely. But when I try...
  6. ASUS PCE-AC56 issues

ASUS PCE-AC56 issues: Hi all, it's been a struggle to find a solution, so here's my desperate post. I installed a new network adapter ASUS PCE-AC56 ("latest driver" from 19-Sep-2015 v.7.35.317.0) on my PC which is running Windows 10 and I'm getting extremely slow download speed when on wifi:...
  7. Asus PCE AC68 Driver Issue - Device cannot start (Code 10)

Asus PCE AC68 Driver Issue - Device cannot start (Code 10): Anyone come across this issue? I am on the latest versions of W10. Have downloaded the most recent drivers for this card off manufacturers website but still running into this issue. submitted by /u/Digital_Fuzion [link] [comments]...
  8. ASUS Computer unable to connect to internet

ASUS Computer unable to connect to internet: Long story short, we reccently changed ISP and about 2-3 weeks go by and now i can connect to the router, but i dont get wifi. Instead it shows me the little yellow warning icon on the wifi icon. i have tried restarting my PC, Trouble shooting, network reset, entering the...
  9. Asus PCE-AC66 drivers for Windows 10

Asus PCE-AC66 drivers for Windows 10: Hello, as in title, I look for drivers for mentioned Wi-Fi Asus' card working on Windows 10. I only found posts for different model AC68, which still give me BSOD(WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR). submitted by /u/Adam1394 [link] [comments]...
  10. Wireless-AC1900 - Asus PCE-AC68

Wireless-AC1900 - Asus PCE-AC68: Asus just made available a new Windows 10 BETA driver for their Wireless PCE-AC68 adapter in their support download area. They are halfway there! I got a good connection in the 2.4 GHz band - 72Mbps. In the 5GHz band I got a limited connection - NO Internet. It worked fine...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus pce-ac68 cant connect to network

2. pce-ac88 cannot connect to network

3. asus pce-ac68 stopped working