Windows 10: Asus pc’s connected keyboard stops working and only comes back when the pc is restarted again

Discus and support Asus pc’s connected keyboard stops working and only comes back when the pc is restarted again in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The keyboard is connected to the screen so none of the discussions about usb or wireless keyboards work for me. I have an Asus pc which has recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stonks, Apr 2, 2020.

1. stonks Win User

Asus pc’s connected keyboard stops working and only comes back when the pc is restarted again

The keyboard is connected to the screen so none of the discussions about usb or wireless keyboards work for me.

I have an Asus pc which has recently started disconnecting in a way, it was not that common at the start but now after every ten minutes the computer makes a sound like the sticky keys audio and ,no matter what key is pressed, the keyboard stops working alltogether. I don’t know much about computers and IT so i’ve only been able to look round the internet but I’ve not found a person with the same problem as me yet. I’ve checked all troubleshooting and they say my pc keyboard is working, I can’t go ten minutes without having to shut down and re open my computer, any help would be appreciated.

Im not even sure the problem is related to windows but this is my last hope.

:)

stonks, Apr 2, 2020

2. Built in keyboard not working

I recently purchased an ASUS ROG GL553VD Notebook Computer and a few weeks ago the keyboard stopped working. After a few restarts it worked again, but today the problem came back, and was not fixed by any amount of restarting. Several people on past posts said to reinstall they Keyboard driver, but there was no Keyboard section in the Device Manager. I am currently resetting the laptop to factory settings to see if that fixes the issue. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DanielJH99, Apr 2, 2020
  3. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Jez :) Win User

Asus pc’s connected keyboard stops working and only comes back when the pc is restarted again

PC works fine, no video signal or power to keyboard and mouse?

Hi, my PC has not been operational for about 2 weeks, and I'm not getting video signal and there is no power to my keyboard and mouse.
    What I have tried to solve the problem:
    • Connected PC speaker
    • Disconnected hard drive
    Please note that all of my components are working I think that this is a software/BIOS problem?
    Specs:
    • Intel Core i5 6600
    • Asus B150M-AD3
    • 8gb DDR3 1333(1x)
    • Gigabyte GTX 780Ti
    Thanks
    EDIT: I have tried removing my CMOS battery, and the same thing happens. Was I meant to short the pins again? Did I do something wrong? Thanks
    Edit 2: I removed the battery, discharged the capacitors and it STILL happens? Is my motherboard dead I really hope this isn't the case *Frown Asus pc’s connected keyboard stops working and only comes back when the pc is restarted again :(

Jez :), Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Asus pc’s connected keyboard stops working and only comes back when the pc is restarted again - Similar Threads - Asus pc’s connected

2. My pc is only showing blue error screen and when it restarts it comes back to the same blue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is only showing blue error screen and when it restarts it comes back to the same blue...: What do I need to do to solve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-only-showing-blue-error-screen-and-when/24f684f9-2323-4529-a36e-666bfd9f8412
  3. My pc is only showing blue error screen and when it restarts it comes back to the same blue...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is only showing blue error screen and when it restarts it comes back to the same blue...: What do I need to do to solve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-only-showing-blue-error-screen-and-when/24f684f9-2323-4529-a36e-666bfd9f8412
  4. Pc only stops lagging after restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc only stops lagging after restart.: When I turn my pc on everything works fine except games. When I boot up a game after startup it runs at 20-30 fps which isn't great. But after I restart my pc it runs at 60 fps .Sometimes normal usage is laggy. Also apps lag aswellI also tried these CMD Prompt Commands:sfc...
  5. Pc only stops lagging after restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc only stops lagging after restart.: When I turn my pc on everything works fine except games. When I boot up a game Roblox after startup it runs at 20-30 fps which isn't great. But after I restart my pc it runs at 60 fps .Sometimes normal usage is laggy.I also tried these CMD Prompt Commands:sfc /scannow DISM...
  6. Pc only stops lagging after restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc only stops lagging after restart.: When I turn my pc on everything works fine except games. When I boot up a game Roblox after startup it runs at 20-30 fps which isn't great. But after I restart my pc it runs at 60 fps .Sometimes normal usage is laggy.I also tried these CMD Prompt Commands:sfc /scannow DISM...
  7. Pc turns off but not on again when restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc turns off but not on again when restarting: I have tried to restart the pc several times and when you click restart, it powers down completely and does not turn back on. I am trying to clear my C drive and this requires me to do a restart, which fails as it turns off every time. Any help would be much appreciated...
  8. PC stuck on Asus logo only after restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stuck on Asus logo only after restart: I added an ssd and put the os on it and since then I never needed to restart the pc (just shutdown), but after some updates it restarted to finish the update and it got stuck on the asus logo(no loading circle) the fan was idling and the writing indicator was off all the...
  9. Touch keyboard works then does not and only works again after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch keyboard works then does not and only works again after restart: I have a Windows tablet with Windows 13, when I use the on screen touch keyboard sometimes this does not work, this will only work again after a restart, thus happened multiple times daily and it is so frustrating having to restart all the time to get it to work, can anybody...
  10. Pc restarting again and again

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc restarting again and again: I am not having Quick heal in my pc but still i face problem of system restarting and saying llio.sys failed. Please tell me a solution for it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-restarting-again-and-again/804885aa-bc8c-410d-953f-4fedf263ed6c