Windows 10: ASUS Q503UA Windows 10 Update 1803 breaks Sleep function and login PIN access.

Discus and support ASUS Q503UA Windows 10 Update 1803 breaks Sleep function and login PIN access. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After windows 10 update 1803 sleep function locks up computer. Will not wake from sleep. Screen is black, blank, HDD led stays lit, no blinking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Edemunsta, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Edemunsta Win User

ASUS Q503UA Windows 10 Update 1803 breaks Sleep function and login PIN access.

After windows 10 update 1803 sleep function locks up computer. Will not wake from sleep. Screen is black, blank, HDD led stays lit, no blinking activity. I end up having to Hard Reset computer to get it back to using the computer, by holding down the power button. Also breaks the PIN login that was already setup. I would have to use my actual password to login to my computer. It says something about security settings have changed when obviously I have not change anything. So frustrating. I have to do a backup and refresh my computer by doing a complete reinstall to see if that would fix the problems but it is all the same. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Edemunsta, Aug 6, 2018

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Drone Win User
Thema:

ASUS Q503UA Windows 10 Update 1803 breaks Sleep function and login PIN access.

1. ASUS Q503UA Windows 10 Update 1803 breaks Sleep function and login PIN access. - Similar Threads - ASUS Q503UA Update

2. ASUS Q503UA - Cracked screen, missing touchscreen drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Q503UA - Cracked screen, missing touchscreen drivers?: I bought this laptop with a cracked screen and the touchscreen drivers were present but the touchscreen feature wasn't functioning. I think I might have deleted the drivers by mistake when attempting to update them. If I fix the screen, will I be able to get the drivers for...
  3. ASUS Q503UA - Cracked screen, missing touchscreen drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Q503UA - Cracked screen, missing touchscreen drivers?: I bought this laptop with a cracked screen and the touchscreen drivers were present but the touchscreen feature wasn't functioning. I think I might have deleted the drivers by mistake when attempting to update them. If I fix the screen, will I be able to get the drivers for...
  4. ASUS Q503UA - Cracked screen, missing touchscreen drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Feature Updates Breaking Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Feature Updates Breaking Login: The last two feature updates (2004 and 20H4) have both rendered my system unable to login. It's a bit hard to describe exactly, but basically it accepts all of my proper passwords or biometrics upon input, starts to login, and then immediately kicks back to the login screen....
  6. Feature Updates Breaking Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Feature Updates Breaking Login: The last two feature updates (2004 and 20H4) have both rendered my system unable to login. It's a bit hard to describe exactly, but basically it accepts all of my proper passwords or biometrics upon input, starts to login, and then immediately kicks back to the login screen....
  7. Asus Q503UA - Touchscreen No longer works after full restore

Asus Q503UA - Touchscreen No longer works after full restore: I've done all kinds of searches and research. All to no avail. Here are the details: The screen was working fine before the full restore. On device manager it only shows the HID touch screen "ghosted". It says it is the latest driver. It says I don't have a touchscreen...
  8. Windows Upgrade breaks functionality

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Upgrade breaks functionality: I upgraded my windows 7 pc to windows 10 through Windows Media Creation Tool and noticed changes I deem unexpected (some of which I'll explain along with the steps I took to attempt fixing). The main thing is a stretched display. Here is what I tried: -Meddling with the...
  9. Latest Windows Update breaks security and functionality of Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows Update breaks security and functionality of Windows.: After recently installing the latest Windows Update I noticed that several normally hidden folders and files were no longer hidden even though "hidden files" option is not selected. Several taskbar options no longer function as normal like Network icon, sound, Cortana, and...
  10. Windows 10 1803 cumulative update killed ASUS laptop

Windows 10 1803 cumulative update killed ASUS laptop: I have a 2010-era ASUS laptop (i5-M460, 4G RAM) that has been running Windows 10 well since RTM, and has been on 1803 since auto-upgrade about a month after it came out. Worked fine until today. The second update of the month came through, and killed the machine. Destroyed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bios screenshots for Asus Q503UA version 205