Windows 10: ASUS R501JN Touchpad not working

Discus and support ASUS R501JN Touchpad not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a touchpad issue on my laptop that I never had. It doesn't work anymore, maybe from a Windows update. I think since 26th October my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vladut Ilie, Nov 1, 2019.

1. ASUS R501JN Touchpad not working

Hello,

I have a touchpad issue on my laptop that I never had. It doesn't work anymore, maybe from a Windows update. I think since 26th October my laptop has this problem.

My system information:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name VLADUT

System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

System Model N56JN

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU ASUS-NotebookSKU

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2494 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. N56JN.202, 01.04.2014

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode Legacy

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

BaseBoard Product N56JN

BaseBoard Version 1.0

Platform Role Mobile

Secure Boot State Unsupported

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale România

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.387"

User Name Vladut\Vladut Ilie

Time Zone GTB Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8,00 GB

Total Physical Memory 7,82 GB

Available Physical Memory 4,29 GB

Total Virtual Memory 8,21 GB

Available Virtual Memory 4,20 GB

Page File Space 400 MB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualization-based security Running

Virtualization-based security Required Security Properties

Virtualization-based security Available Security Properties Base Virtualization Support, DMA Protection

Virtualization-based security Services Configured

Virtualization-based security Services Running

Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable

A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.

In System Information > Components > Problem devices is this error:

ASUS Touchpad ACPI\ETD0108\4&400688E&0 This device cannot start.

I've tried to update the Touchpad driver from device manager with online driver, local driver, I've changed the EnableCursorSuppression from Regedit (I watched this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G89eeuSHvU) but all was in vain.

In Device manager, the Device status is:

This device cannot start. (Code 10) The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.

ASUS Touchpad details:

Driver provider: ASUS

Driver date: 07.03.2017

Driver version: 1.0.0.296

Digital signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Here is a log with all driver events exported: https://vladilie.ro/ASUS_Touchpad_events.evtx

Here is the Windows Updates history:

ASUS R501JN Touchpad not working 0bba197a-f95c-47ae-b3ee-841b19bcb7e6?upload=true.png

ASUS R501JN Touchpad not working 9afa82f4-76ae-4fb3-9044-4575564b3337?upload=true.png

ASUS R501JN Touchpad not working 30d031bf-abb9-4cb1-ae63-79b645a612ac?upload=true.png

If you need more information, please let me know how can I provide them to you.

I don't know what to do.

Thank you!

:)

Vladut Ilie, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

ASUS Touchpad not working

Hi Cyril,

There's a possibility that you're getting this concern due to an out-dated driver. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check if ASUS Touchpad is enabled on your device. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Type Settingson the search bar and press Enter.
    • Select Devices.
    • Click Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options on the right pane.
    • Choose Device Settings (some called ELAN) pane, check Yes/No of Touchpad. If
      No, click Enable and select OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Joan Pin, Nov 1, 2019
  3. touchpad gestures two finger scroll not working Asus 501

Hi there,

1. Go to N501VW | ASUS Global Downloads
    2. Download the latest ATK - ATKPackage driver
    3. Download the latest TouchPad - ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver)
    4. Uninstall both the Touchpad driver and the Asus ATK package driver.
    5. Reboot
    6. First install ATKPackage driver (IMPORTANT to do this FIRST)
    7. Reboot
    8. Then install the TouchPad driver (may need to reboot)
    9. Test if all is working as it should

I had this same issue with my Asus UX305 when I upgraded to Windows version 1803 and doing the above steps solved the issue for me.

slicendice, Nov 1, 2019
  4. ASUS R501JN Touchpad not working

touchpad gestures two finger scroll not working Asus 501

Thanks. This procedure worked. Though, as noted in the conversation below, the current driver 4021 does not work with my configuration. I had a copy of 405 so I used that for the re-install and now touchpad is working again.

Something must have thrown it off so that I needed a re-install but the latest driver doesn't work.

Thanks again.

hymanwallace, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

ASUS R501JN Touchpad not working

1. ASUS R501JN Touchpad not working - Similar Threads - ASUS R501JN Touchpad

2. Asus touchpad not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus touchpad not working properly: After a few hours of use, my touchpad goes wild. Not register movement, registering it but going in different directions, sometimes it registers properly but after a few seconds again does not work, it also random click but all the other gestures work properly. The problem is...
  3. Asus touchpad not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus touchpad not working properly: After a few hours of use, my touchpad goes wild. Not register movement, registering it but going in different directions, sometimes it registers properly but after a few seconds again does not work, it also random click but all the other gestures work properly. The problem is...
  4. Asus touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus touchpad: I accidentally deleted the touchpad driver in my computer and I cannot get it back, now the touchpad is not working at all. how can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-touchpad/007f10df-6173-4c64-a20f-9bd12ef1a18d
  5. Asus touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus touchpad: I accidentally deleted the touchpad driver in my computer and I cannot get it back, now the touchpad is not working at all. how can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-touchpad/007f10df-6173-4c64-a20f-9bd12ef1a18d
  6. Asus touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Asus Rog Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus Rog Touchpad not working: Hi, I have a brand new Asus ROG LAPTOP with Windows 10 Pro. The touchpad is completely missing from the Device Manager I attached a wired mouse and am currently using that. That device is listed as the only device under 'mice and other pointing devices'. What can I do to...
  8. Asus Touchpad

Asus Touchpad: My touchpad is working but not some of the features such as two finger tap for a right click and three fingers up for displaying all open apps. I tried to update the driver but the touchpad does not appear as an option only a mouse. I am using an ASUS computer....
  9. ASUS touchpad not working

ASUS touchpad not working: Hello all, I have run into quite a few issues with my touchpad. I love my laptop but the touchpad is the only downfall. After many issues and troubleshooting, I have found solutions that I'd like to share it with you all. Fix 1. Download the ATK package found of the...
  10. ASUS touchpad not working

ASUS touchpad not working: My ASUS touchpad is not working and I've literally tried everything, also my laptop is completely up to date. I tried to install the touchpad drivers from the ASUS official site but it also didn't work. The "12C HID Device" driver is also showing an error in the device...