Windows 10: Asus / Realtek / Nahimic Service / Various App slow to start up since yesterday

Discus and support Asus / Realtek / Nahimic Service / Various App slow to start up since yesterday in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Those of u with Asus Z370 motherboards (I am using Formula X) with on-board Realtek audio may find some programs loading slower than usual today, such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Phat Monkey, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Asus / Realtek / Nahimic Service / Various App slow to start up since yesterday

Those of u with Asus Z370 motherboards (I am using Formula X) with on-board Realtek audio may find some programs loading slower than usual today, such as firefox, chrme, emclient, aimp player etc. This is due to the Nahimic service which updated via MS-Store yesterday for SonicRadar3 and SonicStudio3, disable it via msconfig and everything should be fine again.
    Thought I would post here in case others have problems and like me took hours to figure out what was going on....

:)

Phat Monkey, Jan 5, 2019

2. Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

Thank you for this !!
    I tried many things and went in the end to UAD with nahimic. But i'm not a fan of nahimic, even their V3. And in the end, nahimic still had the problem of sucking your CPU out (70% os 7700hq used by nahimic service ... known issue).
    But when reinstalling HDA drivers, impossible to get realtek audio manager.
    Then your holy method came to light and here was the manager !

For me, on MSI laptop ge72 it worked with realtek 7440 to get audio manager and then updating with 8199 from Microsoft catalog (same version on MSI website but with nahimic) .

So thank you mate.

Petitgnoll6, Jan 5, 2019
  3. id_mew Win User
    I keep copying and pasting the same thing

I have the Asus Rog Maximux XI Hero

I uninstalled the latest Realtek audio drivers and installed the one before it, with Nahimic services running I have no issues so far.

So is Nahimic aware of the issue? or is this a Realtek driver problem?

id_mew, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Kbird Win User

Asus / Realtek / Nahimic Service / Various App slow to start up since yesterday

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

Hi, I am hoping someone familiar with MSI Laptops ( and UAD Drivers) can point me in the right direction and / or confirm a few things. I just bought a MSI GP63 15.6" Laptop which has a Realtek 0892 Chip (codec) in it according to Device Manager which also supports Nahimic Ver.3, according to the Overview Page for the Laptop (below) but I see no Nahimic App. I see no Realtek Manager App in Control Panel per the Full Driver like my desktop but there is a Realtek Console on the Start Menu (UAD?) which is working but has no adjustments / effects etc.

If I open Nahimic from the Start Menu , it starts to Open then forces Closes itself, same if I use the Realtek Console and click on Nahimic under Sound Effects.. Same thing happens if I use Settings>System>Sound>Other Sound Options, it stays open for 3 secs and then the whole Settings App is Force closed.

MSI has 8443 (UAD , I guess as only 31mb ) on the Support Site but their Help Desk Driver Update App found 8468 a couple of days ago ( seems to be gone again today) but it seems Microsoft Update knows better Asus / Realtek  / Nahimic Service / Various App slow to start up since yesterday :) and installs 8412 if I uninstall the Realtek Driver in D.M. and reboot .

I have also tried 8519 from the thread , with no difference and am now thinking I am missing something , do I need to install extra Apps from the M$ Store as well or something ? I see no Nahimic App listed in My Store >what's installed list, should there be one?

Thanks for any help guys...

Overview for GP63 Leopard 8RD | Laptops - The best gaming laptop provider | MSI Global

Kbird, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Asus / Realtek / Nahimic Service / Various App slow to start up since yesterday

1. Asus / Realtek / Nahimic Service / Various App slow to start up since yesterday - Similar Threads - Asus Realtek Nahimic

2. Nahimic service is a virus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nahimic service is a virus.: I can't uninstall it. I have to re-uninstall it every reboot. I change the defaults to what I want and after reboot it installs itself again and makes it's own decision of what is default...Can't uninstall a program for it, it doesn't show up in the list of apps. Going to...
  3. Nahimic service is a virus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nahimic service is a virus.: I can't uninstall it. I have to re-uninstall it every reboot. I change the defaults to what I want and after reboot it installs itself again and makes it's own decision of what is default...Can't uninstall a program for it, it doesn't show up in the list of apps. Going to...
  4. Nahimic service is a virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Nahimic service pop up when starting windows(do i have to delete it?):

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nahimic service pop up when starting windows(do i have to delete it?):: [ATTACH] I turned on my pc and a Nahimic service pop up showed up, i didn't install anything before turning off my pc last time. I haven't installed it yet, this is what nahimic is showing:...
  6. Various Windows 10 Apps Slow/Unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various Windows 10 Apps Slow/Unresponsive: I've been having issues with various Windows 10 apps i.e: Windows Store, Windows Defender, Settings, etc. The Windows Store will either take literal hours to open or open and not allow me to sign in sometimes giving the error code 0x800706d9 or 0x80070426 and other functions...
  7. nahimic keeps giving me a message at start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    nahimic keeps giving me a message at start up: when i log on, nahimic keeps on saying "give us a minute, we are updating", how do i stop this message?, is it important to keep nahimic, as i am using windows 10 home 2004...
  8. Slow start up since April update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow start up since April update.: Windows 10 Home version 2004 Since installing the large April update start up has become very slow. Takes a while after entering pass code and when it does eventually icons on right side of taskbar are not there and you have to wait for them. 157456
  9. Various errors amoung start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various errors amoung start up: so i turn off my computer at night, dont like all the lights on. So i go to turn it on in the morning, i get to the login screen, log in, and then everything goes bad. i got 4 main diffrent error popups. NvShim.exe Application Error WerFault.exe Application Error...
  10. start menu not opening since yesterday

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu not opening since yesterday: Hello , My windows 10 was working fine till yesterday . But now i have met with a problem . The problem is that my start menu is not opening from yesterday . Store, Microsoft Edge and Cortana are also not opening . What to do ? Help me please .... 37407

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nahimic service asus

2. nahimic service what app or driver

3. nahimic service using too much resources

4. nahimic audio driver for asus rog laptop,
  5. nahimic at start up,
  6. disable nahimic service asus,
  7. why is nahimic installed on my asus motherboard,
  8. nahimic asus,
  9. nahimic service