Windows 10: ASUS restarted without error code

Discus and support ASUS restarted without error code in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My ASUS running Windows 10 Home edition restart out of the blue, happened intermittently, started 5 April 2021. No error code, it just restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PC Tan, Apr 7, 2021.

1. PC Tan Win User

ASUS restarted without error code

Hi,

My ASUS running Windows 10 Home edition restart out of the blue, happened intermittently, started 5 April 2021. No error code, it just restarted by itself while running.

Anyone can help to check my dump file please? https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhBCdrWQS5mj02FHezAQATluZad_?e=pk08Ra

KB4089848 & KB4088776 are not installed.

Many thanks!

-PC Tan

GMT+8

:)

PC Tan, Apr 7, 2021
  2. meloneum Win User

BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Apr 7, 2021
  4. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

1. ASUS restarted without error code - Similar Threads - ASUS restarted without

2. Code 43 Error: Asus Rog GL553VE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code 43 Error: Asus Rog GL553VE: Hello guys, I have asked this question before about my laptop, its been one and a half year till I stopped using my graphics card gtx1050ti in my pc, not because I don't want to but because its giving code 43 error, I have tried everything. Today I went to a repair shop and...
  3. Code 43 Error: Asus Rog GL553VE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Code 43 Error: Asus Rog GL553VE: Hello guys, I have asked this question before about my laptop, its been one and a half year till I stopped using my graphics card gtx1050ti in my pc, not because I don't want to but because its giving code 43 error, I have tried everything. Today I went to a repair shop and...
  4. Code 43 Error: Asus Rog GL553VE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer restarts without any error code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarts without any error code: Computer restarts without any error code, and it's tricky for me to troubleshoot.I tried 30 mins of OCCT on CPU onlyI tried 30 mins of OCCT on GPU onlyI tried 30 mins of OCCT on RAM onlyI tried 30 mins of OCCT on mixed to test PSU and did not have any rebootI have tried...
  6. Computer restarts without any error code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer restarts without any error code: Computer restarts without any error code, and it's tricky for me to troubleshoot.I tried 30 mins of OCCT on CPU onlyI tried 30 mins of OCCT on GPU onlyI tried 30 mins of OCCT on RAM onlyI tried 30 mins of OCCT on mixed to test PSU and did not have any rebootI have tried...
  7. Computer restarts without any error code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Steam games restarting my pc without error codes

Steam games restarting my pc without error codes: So every time I try to play this steam game dread hunger my pc instantly restarts after it try’s to load up which then causes it to do the same thing on every game in steam. No error codes or anything pops up sometimes the game will be uninstalled or it will still be there in...
  9. Asus AudioWizard Problem. Error code: 0x803FB005.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus AudioWizard Problem. Error code: 0x803FB005.: I recently bought a laptop: Asus Vivobook s14 m433ia. I installed OS Window 10 Pro 64-bit build 19042. After installation, system began to install drivers in automatic mode, including Asus drivers. But after a while I discovered that my system does not have an equalizer,...
  10. PC randomly restarts without showing error code [Windows 10]

PC randomly restarts without showing error code [Windows 10]: Hello, for some days now my PC has started to restart by itself without showing any error code or message, what happens is the following: It doesn't matter if I am surfing the internet, watching a movie or simply using word but the computer just randomly restarts, without any...