Windows 10: Asus Rog G752VSK random crashes during gaming, various games

Discus and support Asus Rog G752VSK random crashes during gaming, various games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! PC crashes in no particular pattern. Sometimes several times in a short timespan, sometimes not for days - not within a given timeframe after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nordby, May 4, 2021.

1. Nordby Win User

Asus Rog G752VSK random crashes during gaming, various games

Hi! PC crashes in no particular pattern. Sometimes several times in a short timespan, sometimes not for days - not within a given timeframe after beginning to game - never outside games. Crashes make the screen freeze for a second, then straight to restart - very sparce info from windows logs. Now that I've disabled automatic restart, the crash just leads to an endless white screen. Have tried: - turning off Vsync - underclocking with MSI afterburner - updating all drivers - changing GPU driver to older version - stress-testing with Prime95 and FurMark Have monitored temperatures, they seem okay on both GPU and CPUs Any recommendations are incredibly welcome! (Sorry in advance, that text in V2 Log is in Danish) /

:)

Nordby, May 4, 2021
  2. Nordby Win User

Hi!

PC crashes in no particular pattern. Sometimes several times in a short timespan, sometimes not for days - not within a given timeframe after beginning to game - never outside games. Crashes make the screen freeze for a second, then straight to restart - very sparce info from windows logs. Now that I've disabled automatic restart, the crash just leads to an endless white screen.

Have tried:
    - turning off Vsync
    - underclocking with MSI afterburner
    - updating all drivers
    - changing GPU driver to older version
    - stress-testing with Prime95 and FurMark
    Have monitored temperatures, they seem okay on both GPU and CPUs

Any recommendations are incredibly welcome!

(Sorry in advance, that text in V2 Log is in Danish)

/

Nordby, May 4, 2021
  3. Nordby Win User

Well, I had another crash last night - no Bsod, just stuck in a frame with a fast repetitive sound. No other option but to restart.

Nordby, May 4, 2021
  4. nulmas Win User

Asus G752VSK hard crashing when playing games

Here is the Virtual Memory pic.

The issue is exactly the same: when playing games, random hard crashes occur. In some games, hours can sometimes go by without any issue. Other times, in the same games, the system crashes after a few minutes. One game in particular (WWE 2k18) crashes in the precise same way, but way more often than the others.

Oh, and a small detail I think I forgot to mention. As I said, I suspect this has to do with the Micron VRAM used in my Geforce 1070. One thing I did to check if the issue was the graphics card was downloading MSI Afterburner and using it to underclock both the GPU and the memory clock. No crashes occured while the card was underclocked, even after extensive testing.

nulmas, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Asus Rog G752VSK random crashes during gaming, various games - Similar Threads - Asus Rog G752VSK

2. Games randomly crash during playtime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games randomly crash during playtime: Specs:Windows 11Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32gb 5600mhz DDR5SSD: Samsung 990PRO 2TB M.2PSU: Corsair RM850x Modular 80+--------------------------------------------My games randomly crash whilst I'm in a game, it appears...
  3. Games randomly crash during playtime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games randomly crash during playtime: Specs:Windows 11Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32gb 5600mhz DDR5SSD: Samsung 990PRO 2TB M.2PSU: Corsair RM850x Modular 80+--------------------------------------------My games randomly crash whilst I'm in a game, it appears...
  4. crashing during gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crashing during gaming.: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎7/‎15/‎2023 3:00 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff8b0eba96f010Parameter 2:...
  5. crashing during gaming.

crashing during gaming.: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎7/‎15/‎2023 3:00 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff8b0eba96f010Parameter 2:...
  6. Random crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashing during gaming: Hello everyone!I have recently bought a new laptop a week ago and strangely whenever I start playing any game in random intervals the game will suddenly crash. The screen freezes and the audio become very choppy. I have no control over the computer and cannot even access task...
  7. Random crashing during gaming

Random crashing during gaming: Hello everyone!I have recently bought a new laptop a week ago and strangely whenever I start playing any game in random intervals the game will suddenly crash. The screen freezes and the audio become very choppy. I have no control over the computer and cannot even access task...
  8. Random Black Screen Crash during gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Black Screen Crash during gaming: Hi, Occasionally and seemingly at random my PC crashes whilst gaming. What happens is my screen goes black, the GPU fans spin up like crazy very noisy and I seemingly can't do anything to get out of it except hold the power button to hard turn off the PC. Usually I can still...
  9. various games seem to crash

various games seem to crash: Games such as Rainbow six siege, PUBG and assassins creed odyssey crash whenever I start them up. I haven't been able to identify the issue. This is the crash report for Rainbow six siege. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! -Provider [ Name] Windows Error Reporting...
  10. Asus G752VSK hard crashing when playing games

Asus G752VSK hard crashing when playing games: Hey there. I've purchased this laptop in November and I've RMA'd it three times. The first time, Asus replaced the SSD. On the other two, they insist there's nothing wrong with it. Fact is, the laptop keeps on crashing and rebooting randomly when playing games. It has...