Windows 10: Asus ROG GL553VD won't restart/sleep/shutdown normally

Discus and support Asus ROG GL553VD won't restart/sleep/shutdown normally in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an asus rog gl553vd. Installed a new windows 10 from the media creation tool. When I select restart/sleep from the shutdown menu. The screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NatiAlmaliah, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Asus ROG GL553VD won't restart/sleep/shutdown normally

I have an asus rog gl553vd. Installed a new windows 10 from the media creation tool.

When I select restart/sleep from the shutdown menu. The screen turns black but fans and keyboard light are on for a few minutes then the computer's turns off.

I booted boto safe mode and no issue there. Restart works well. As well as shutdown.

I tried everything. Disabled some drivers like Intel Management driver.

Disabled fast startup.

Some power option configurations nothing worked.

How can I determine it's not an hardware issue?

When I did a clean Install after the Installation finished and restart was prompt the computer froze and I had to shutdown manually.

Please provide me with some suggestions for this problem.

Thanks in advance.

:)

NatiAlmaliah, Jan 9, 2019

2. Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Version 1709 restart problem ASUS ROG logo stuck

Hi,

Problem:

Windows 10 Version 1709 restart problem ASUS ROG logo stuck

What I did:

Install Windows 10 Version 1709 through Windows 10 Update Assistant

Steps:

1. Windows 10 Update Assistant ask to Install Windows 10 Version 1709

2. Download complete successfully

3.Windows 10 Update Assistant ask to RESTART to complete Installation

4. I RESTART

5. The Laptop Boot

6. Got stuck on the ASUS ROG logo

7. Stay there for 8hs

8. Never get to start WINDOWS

9. I did a hard RESET

10. The Laptop start Restoring to a Previews Windows Version.

11. Windows starts NORMALLY

12. Windows 10 Update Assistant ask to RESTART

13. Back to step 1.

Specs:

Any Solution?

AlvaroGonzalez2, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Asus ROG GL553VD won't restart/sleep/shutdown normally

ASUS ROG GL553VD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Status update:

I sent my computer to the ASUS support office, they reinstalled the os from scratch and the problem dissapeared.

As soon as i connect my pc to the internet it starts to download the bloody update again, along driver updates and the issue reappeared.

BUT I made a backup beforehand, so I went to system restore to find quite the pleasant surprise: you can ACTUALLY GO BACK AND INSTALL THE PREVIOUS VERSION!

And so I did, solving the issue but losing a bunch of programs that I'd aleready installed.

Now windows won't dare to update without my consent and gives me the choice to shutdown or restart without updating.

As a final note: **** you ASUS and Microsoft, I spent like 2 weeks of my vacations trying to fix this crap.

Juan Sebastian Botero, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Asus ROG GL553VD won't restart/sleep/shutdown normally

1. Asus ROG GL553VD won't restart/sleep/shutdown normally - Similar Threads - Asus ROG GL553VD

2. ASUS GL553VD LAPTOP BSOD "NVLDDMKM.SYS ERROR"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS GL553VD LAPTOP BSOD "NVLDDMKM.SYS ERROR": My laptop is always crashing and shows "BSOD" blue screen when playing or running heavy task's the blue screen error shows a "nvlddmkm.sys", based in my research on the internet that, this error is from my NVIDIA GPU GTX1050, and the solution that other say's update drivers...
  3. ASUS GL553VD LAPTOP BSOD "NVLDDMKM.SYS ERROR"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS GL553VD LAPTOP BSOD "NVLDDMKM.SYS ERROR": My laptop is always crashing and shows "BSOD" blue screen when playing or running heavy task's the blue screen error shows a "nvlddmkm.sys", based in my research on the internet that, this error is from my NVIDIA GPU GTX1050, and the solution that other say's update drivers...
  4. ASUS GL553VD LAPTOP BSOD "NVLDDMKM.SYS ERROR"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ASUS ROG Strix G15 - ACPI.SYS Failed on restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS ROG Strix G15 - ACPI.SYS Failed on restart: I get the blue screen of death only when I restart my computer, not with the initial booting on the system. The error states the device ran into a problem and needs to restart. Stop Code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, What failed: ACPI.SYS. A have tried several fixes...
  6. ASUS ROG Strix G15 - ACPI.SYS Failed on restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS ROG Strix G15 - ACPI.SYS Failed on restart: I get the blue screen of death only when I restart my computer, not with the initial booting on the system. The error states the device ran into a problem and needs to restart. Stop Code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, What failed: ACPI.SYS. A have tried several fixes...
  7. Asus ROG Zephyrus Unexpected Restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus ROG Zephyrus Unexpected Restarts: Hello, my computer keeps restarting unexpectedly. Looking at the system logs, it happens after a Bug Check Event ID 1001. The log message is:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000006, 0xffffcb83b1b08a20, 0x0000000000000000,...
  8. Windows 10 on Asus K55VM: Shutdown / Restart / Sleep issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on Asus K55VM: Shutdown / Restart / Sleep issue: Hi, I installed Windows 10 (20H2) on my Asus K55VM laptop, but got into a Shutdown / Restart / Sleep related issue. Namely on Shutdown / Restart / Sleep the laptop does NOT completely powers off, but gets stuck with the screen off but power light still on. To get over this...
  9. Laptop keyboard issues, some keys not working proper Asus ROG Strix GL553VD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard issues, some keys not working proper Asus ROG Strix GL553VD.: Hello and thanks for helping I have a Asus ROG Strix GL553VD fy047t Laptop for almust 3 years. Full pc details - THIS LINK Well the problem is that after the last windows update some of the keyboard keys stopped working as normal. At the beggining some of them didnt work...
  10. System won't sleep (correctly) or shutdown--only restart

in Windows 10 Support
    System won't sleep (correctly) or shutdown--only restart: I have, for me, an unusual problem for which I've tried all the usual (and some unusual) fixes. None work. When my computer first boots or restarts, all of the normal methods (idle time, closing lid, or selecting among the power options) produce the right results: sleep,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rog gl553vd shutdown not booting up

2. how to fixed ASUS GL553VD wont on

3. asus rog fans wont shut off 2019

4. asus rog wont sleep properly,
  5. asus rog wont shut down,
  6. asus rog gl552vw wont restart