Windows 10: asus rog strix b550-i gaming will not show rear speakers on rear panel, only side speakers

Discus and support asus rog strix b550-i gaming will not show rear speakers on rear panel, only side speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought an Asus ROG strix B550-I Gaming motherboard to build a home theater system. I installed all of the Asus audio drivers Aand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by norbertopellicci, Sep 17, 2020.

1. asus rog strix b550-i gaming will not show rear speakers on rear panel, only side speakers

Hello,

I recently bought an Asus ROG strix B550-I Gaming motherboard to build a home theater system. I installed all of the Asus audio drivers Aand utilities after installing Windows 10 Pro Build 19041.

When i go to Realtek Audio Manager and set up the rear-panel jacks for 5.1 surround, the"Line-In" jack always shows output for Side Speakers, not Rear Surround speakers. No matter what i try to do, i can never get the rear speakers to work, ony the side speakers. When i go to Windows Settings/Sound, i only ever see the Side speakers, never the rear speakers.

Moreover, there is not Realtek HD Audio Manager showing up in the Control Panel, only the Audio Manager under applications.

I have tried installing other Realtek audio drivers and even Realtek HD Audio Manager, but they always fail upon install.

I have not been able to find this specific failure of the rear channel 5.1 channels on any website so far. I have seen other audio issues, but not this particular one.

Does anyone have the same problem or know what the cause is? I have the latest drivers form Asus for this board. I'm at wit's end at this point.

Any information or help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

:)

norbertopellicci, Sep 17, 2020

2. HTC HD7 rear speaker

Hi opeld,

Setting the phone to vibrate only sets the ring and alerts to vibrate. Audio will still play through your speaker (there is no way to "silence" the rear speaker on the HD7 that I have found).

When you say that the speaker is "always on" do you still hear sound even with the headphones plugged in? If so, you have a small hardware fault. Plugging the headphones in should disconnect the rear speaker, removing the headphones will reconnect the speaker,
    but the audio should pause at this point, and not continue to play through the rear speaker.

www.djapansoftware.com, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Dams Win User
    Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker

Hello, I have a problem with any Realtek driver since I updated from Windows 8.1 to 10 (x64).
    On every boot, I have no sound on the rear speakers : the black pin switches automaticaly to "side". I have to reconfigure the black pin to rear every time !

asus rog strix b550-i gaming will not show rear speakers on rear panel, only side speakers [​IMG]

Did someone had a similar issue ?

Here's my config if it helps : Asus Sabertooth Mark 2 and Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers.

4. Dams Win User

asus rog strix b550-i gaming will not show rear speakers on rear panel, only side speakers

Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker

Still no solution... *Sad

Using the 7.1 configuration with the side speaker unchecked isn't realy good : while playing a game, I miss some sounds. The game think i'm using a 7.1 device !

So the best solution now for me is to reconfigure the black pin to rear on every boot... Very annoying !

EDIT:
    I've found a stable solution if anybody needs : I've installed an old driver (6.0.1.6873) that comes with the old interface.
    Rear speaker now stay rear ! asus rog strix b550-i gaming will not show rear speakers on rear panel, only side speakers :)

Thema:

asus rog strix b550-i gaming will not show rear speakers on rear panel, only side speakers

1. asus rog strix b550-i gaming will not show rear speakers on rear panel, only side speakers - Similar Threads - asus rog strix

2. Why the rear panel "line jack blue" is not working as Rear Speaker out anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the rear panel "line jack blue" is not working as Rear Speaker out anymore?: It is greyed out and does not give an option to reconfigure like the other jacks. I am running my system in 5.1 ch configuration. I have tried everything like reinstalling the drivers and all. Also, no forum or any community seems to have answer to this....
  3. Why the rear panel "line jack blue" is not working as Rear Speaker out anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the rear panel "line jack blue" is not working as Rear Speaker out anymore?: It is greyed out and does not give an option to reconfigure like the other jacks. I am running my system in 5.1 ch configuration. I have tried everything like reinstalling the drivers and all. Also, no forum or any community seems to have answer to this....
  4. Rear Speakers of my Quadraphonic Speakers doesn't work on Windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rear Speakers of my Quadraphonic Speakers doesn't work on Windows.: I have a Quadraphonic Sound System with 4 speakers 2 fronts and 2 rears and a Woofer. Unfortunately, Windows 10 doesn't detect my Rear Speakers when I select "Quadraphonic" in Speaker Configuration dialog box. There comes no sound when I click on the Rear speakers in the...
  5. Rear Speakers of my Quadraphonic Speakers doesn't work on Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rear Speakers of my Quadraphonic Speakers doesn't work on Windows.: I have a Quadraphonic Sound System with 4 speakers 2 fronts and 2 rears and a Woofer. Unfortunately, Windows 10 doesn't detect my Rear Speakers when I select "Quadraphonic" in Speaker Configuration dialog box. There comes no sound when I click on the Rear speakers in the...
  6. Windows 10 recognizes rear speakers as side speakers (5.1)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 recognizes rear speakers as side speakers (5.1): I have no clue how to make it realize those are rear speakers. Realtek and Windows settings both only allow to use them as rear speakers. Any ideas on how to fix this? submitted by /u/coms77 [link] [comments]...
  7. Playing music through rear speakers/Speaker Fill

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Playing music through rear speakers/Speaker Fill: Has anyone been able to play music through their rear 5.1 speakers? Apparently there used to be a setting in windows call speaker fill that would play stereo output through but it's not longer available. Any advice would be helpful. submitted by /u/Yeeyo55 [link]...
  8. 5.1 speaker rear speaker not working in Windows 10

5.1 speaker rear speaker not working in Windows 10: In Windows 10 my 5.1 surround sound speakers are not working. When I test the surround sound it works but when I play music or play games there is no sound from rear/surround speaker. I did followings to resolve the issue but still problem persist 1 tick the option...
  9. Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker

Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker: Hello, I have a problem with any Realtek driver since I updated from Windows 8.1 to 10 (x64). On every boot, I have no sound on the rear speakers : the black pin switches automaticaly to "side". I have to reconfigure the black pin to rear every time ! [img] Did...
  10. No sound from rear speakers

No sound from rear speakers: I have recently moved house and on setting up my media pc, I noticed I was not getting any sound out of my rear speakers. A channel test on the receiver confirmed that they are working, so the issue has to be with Windows. I just upgraded it with a new SSD and case and...