Windows 10: Asus ROG Strix GL502V touchpad stops working after several minutes

Discus and support Asus ROG Strix GL502V touchpad stops working after several minutes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After several minutes of use, the touchpad stops working. I have to restart it to fix it. My mouse also only works occasionaly, I have already checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DomenicaWindover, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Asus ROG Strix GL502V touchpad stops working after several minutes

After several minutes of use, the touchpad stops working. I have to restart it to fix it. My mouse also only works occasionaly, I have already checked the batteries. What can I do to fix the touchpad? I have already tried disabling and enabling it. When I go to troubleshoot to see if there's anything wrong it also never detects anything.

Please Help!

:)

DomenicaWindover, Aug 4, 2018
  2. DaveW11 Win User

ASUS Touchpad not working

Hi

My touchpad seems to be disabled (FN + F9 does nothing)

I have a device listed as 'I2C HID Device' showing the error:

This device cannot start. (Code 10) A request for the HID descriptor failed.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers via the device manager

I have tried downloading the most recent drivers from the ASUS website but when I run the exe file it says there is already a version of that file and won't let me go any further.

I am new to Windows 10 and having trouble navigating around - is there a way I can remove the driver and re-install?

Or any other fix for this?

My Laptop is ASUS ROG STRIX GL502VT

Thanks

DaveW11, Aug 4, 2018
  3. sachinv12 Win User
    Windows 10, version 1703 update failing to install on my Asus ROG GL502VS laptop

Hi, I am a creative professional and currently facing this horrible Windows creator's update 1703 on my Asus ROG GL502VS laptop. It downloads and try to install the update daily but unable to do so. I am looking for a solution to this problem from Windows
    if any. Please help. It's updated till 1607.

sachinv12, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Asus ROG Strix GL502V touchpad stops working after several minutes

ASUS Touchpad not working

Hi Cyril,

There's a possibility that you're getting this concern due to an out-dated driver. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check if ASUS Touchpad is enabled on your device. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Type Settingson the search bar and press Enter.
    • Select Devices.
    • Click Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options on the right pane.
    • Choose Device Settings (some called ELAN) pane, check Yes/No of Touchpad. If
      No, click Enable and select OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Joan Pin, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Asus ROG Strix GL502V touchpad stops working after several minutes

1. Asus ROG Strix GL502V touchpad stops working after several minutes - Similar Threads - Asus ROG Strix

2. Asus rog strix g15 driver don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus rog strix g15 driver don't work: So for the past year my laptops been working fine but suddenly about a week or two ago it's wifi driver started to have a caution mark,I've done all i can to fix it going from updating, network resetting, downloading from the site, disabling and reenabling The wifi appears...
  3. Asus rog strix g15 driver don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus rog strix g15 driver don't work: So for the past year my laptops been working fine but suddenly about a week or two ago it's wifi driver started to have a caution mark,I've done all i can to fix it going from updating, network resetting, downloading from the site, disabling and reenabling The wifi appears...
  4. asus rog strix g16

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    asus rog strix g16: In event viewer i keep getting event errors: metadata failure id131 and kernel tracing error id 2 I've searched up solutions done a bunch but the ones I haven't done are risky and could brick my laptop so imam refrain from that so if someone could guide through some safe...
  5. Asus Rog Strix G16

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Rog Strix G16: Hello, I need help with my Asus Rog Strix G16 laptop I just bought it and everytime I unplug or plug the laptop to charge it just black screen for a couple of second. Could anyone show me how to fix that problem...
  6. Asus Rog Strix G16

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Rog Strix G16: Hello, I need help with my Asus Rog Strix G16 laptop I just bought it and everytime I unplug or plug the laptop to charge it just black screen for a couple of second. Could anyone show me how to fix that problem...
  7. Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080: So i happened to have this little accident that a cat decided to pee on my pc and a small amount of it landed on my GPU which i did not apparently clean out well enough and it ended up ruining a few components. Is it possible to find any component map of the gpu to see what...
  8. Asus Rog Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus Rog Touchpad not working: Hi, I have a brand new Asus ROG LAPTOP with Windows 10 Pro. The touchpad is completely missing from the Device Manager I attached a wired mouse and am currently using that. That device is listed as the only device under 'mice and other pointing devices'. What can I do to...
  9. Bluetooth not working/showing on Asus Rog Strix X570 mobo.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not working/showing on Asus Rog Strix X570 mobo.: Alright ive got a problem and hope someone can help me. I bought this Asus Rog Strix X570-E mobo about a week ago and i cant get Bluelooth to work. Its also not shown in the device member. This mobo supports Bluetooth 5.0 so it should work. What i did already was:...
  10. No audio in new ASUS ROG Strix G512LV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio in new ASUS ROG Strix G512LV: Hi, I recently purchased an ASUS ROG Strix G512LV running Windows 10. Originally the sound worked fine through the laptop's speakers, then a few weeks ago it stopped working, but was resolved by rolling the audio driver back from Audio_Realtek_Nahimic_ROG_V6089401 to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus rog gl502v touchpard

2. asus gl502vt touchpad not working windows 10

3. asus gl502vt touchpad not working

4. windows 10 update failed in asus rog gl502vt,
  5. gl502vy touchpad stops working,
  6. drivers gl502v asus,
  7. asus rog touchpad driver gl502v,
  8. asus gl502vs trackpad driver,
  9. asus gl502v touchpad,
  10. touchpad asus gl502v laptop not working,
  11. asus rog gl504 touchpad stops working,