Windows 10: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080

Discus and support Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So i happened to have this little accident that a cat decided to pee on my pc and a small amount of it landed on my GPU which i did not apparently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Tavaroshki, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080

So i happened to have this little accident that a cat decided to pee on my pc and a small amount of it landed on my GPU which i did not apparently clean out well enough and it ended up ruining a few components. Is it possible to find any component map of the gpu to see what type of components there was in the location? Any ideas what i could do with it or is it just a lost cause?

Tavaroshki, Aug 1, 2022
  2. Dude Win User
    Dude, Aug 1, 2022
  3. Frederik Win User
    Frederik, Aug 1, 2022
  4. kos277 Win User

Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080

new PC BSOD after getting GTX 1080

So this is a relatively new PC that I built (1 month old) and it's been running mostly with not issues (although a few freezes while gaming)
    However I just upgraded gpu to a GTX rog strix 1080 a week ago, and i've already experienced 2 BSOD. They both happened while watching youtube video.
    I also added an extra 500gb SSD (860 evo) when I installed the 1080.

Please help *Sleepy This is bumming me out quite a bit, as I spent a bigger fortune on making sure I had a powerful pc.

Log attached.
    Part list: System Builder - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX, Define R6 Blackout TG ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

kos277, Aug 1, 2022
Thema:

Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080

1. Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080 - Similar Threads - Asus Rog Strix

2. asus rog strix g16

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    asus rog strix g16: In event viewer i keep getting event errors: metadata failure id131 and kernel tracing error id 2 I've searched up solutions done a bunch but the ones I haven't done are risky and could brick my laptop so imam refrain from that so if someone could guide through some safe...
  3. ASUS ROG Strix G15 - ACPI.SYS Failed on restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS ROG Strix G15 - ACPI.SYS Failed on restart: I get the blue screen of death only when I restart my computer, not with the initial booting on the system. The error states the device ran into a problem and needs to restart. Stop Code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, What failed: ACPI.SYS. A have tried several fixes...
  4. Asus Rog Strix G16

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Rog Strix G16: Hello, I need help with my Asus Rog Strix G16 laptop I just bought it and everytime I unplug or plug the laptop to charge it just black screen for a couple of second. Could anyone show me how to fix that problem...
  5. Asus Rog Strix G16

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Rog Strix G16: Hello, I need help with my Asus Rog Strix G16 laptop I just bought it and everytime I unplug or plug the laptop to charge it just black screen for a couple of second. Could anyone show me how to fix that problem...
  6. Rog strix 1080 gpu schematic

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Rog strix 1080 gpu schematic: Does anyone know where i can get a schematic for this GPU, it's 8 and 4 pin power Gpu. GP104-410-A1 Gpu i found a 8 pin only schematic but it differs too much. Thanks 169689
  7. No audio in new ASUS ROG Strix G512LV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio in new ASUS ROG Strix G512LV: Hi, I recently purchased an ASUS ROG Strix G512LV running Windows 10. Originally the sound worked fine through the laptop's speakers, then a few weeks ago it stopped working, but was resolved by rolling the audio driver back from Audio_Realtek_Nahimic_ROG_V6089401 to...
  8. ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 8G Gaming and Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 8G Gaming and Windows 10 1903: do not like each other. With clean installation and with upgrade this gpu is grey in the device manager, no sound available and can`t install any Nvidia drivers. Would appreciate any help. 130847
  9. Asus strix gaming 1080 GTX t i OC 11 gig

Asus strix gaming 1080 GTX t i OC 11 gig: I have an issue going on with Windows 10 fall Creator update or NVIDIA drivers. The picture does not fit across the full screen and comes up scrambled 103266
  10. Asus strix 970 gtx fan?

Asus strix 970 gtx fan?: Hi again. When I got my Asus strix 970 gtx on desktop the fan wouldn't spin but as soon as I started a game it would. At this point I didn't even have GPU tweak installed and would sound like it would go to 100% as soon as I opened up a game. After some time this stopped...